• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: New Jersey Devils vs Carolina Hurricanes Round 2

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogus penalty shot call but whatcha gonna do. One period to protect a 3 goal lead.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the shittest pp ever
Don't score
Don't shoot
Don't maintain
Gives up more goals than given

Now we score lol

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild game but got the W. Vanecek did enough but didn't look spectacular by any means.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay... first off.. let me say great win.. they outplayed canes in every aspect (accept many power play due to 3 short handed goals... ugg) Vany i am worried about and would not start in game 4... there is no way we will always give him a 8 goal cushion every game.... They played with fire and determination tonight and the line changes work... I thought Luke looked good, despite the turnover that lead to the breakaway.... it should not have even been a penalty shot because hamilton didnt even get a stick on him shown by the replay.. but in real time.. i understand. Luke will learn.. other than that one mistake, i thought he played a great game.. even had at least one assist that i know of (Jack getting the other). I have to say the MVP of this series is Mcleod.... He has been the player that is giving 120% every game and was just amazing to watch tonight. His short handed goal was a thing of beauty and really kepted them out of reach. Our stars came out to play and this shows what our team can really do. Ruff just amazes me ever game with his ability not only to adjust what needs to be done, but to make it happen day in and day out. I hope we put some doubt in the canes heads now and we come out and take it too them in game 4 like we did the rags. We need to go back into carolina with them doubting everything about how they play. this was just an amazing effort by everyone. the only hang up i have is who do we start in goal in game 4... we cant afford to pick the wrong person. My gut is telling me Schmid because i think if he was in net tonight... the results would have been the same or possibly less goals by the canes.... Its hard to bench Vanny after winning tonight.. so we will see.... maybe this was just a sit and learn game for schmid and we go back to him??? i just dont know.... that will be interesting come tues night. As far as lines.. dont change a thing... it worked so lets ride it.... Glad to see Palate bury another one.. and Wood seems to be trying to make up for the rag series.. love to see it..... now if only Bratt could get going.....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay... first off.. let me say great win.. they outplayed canes in every aspect (accept many power play due to 3 short handed goals... ugg) Vany i am worried about and would not start in game 4... there is no way we will always give him a 8 goal cushion every game.... They played with fire and determination tonight and the line changes work... I thought Luke looked good, despite the turnover that lead to the breakaway.... it should not have even been a penalty shot because hamilton didnt even get a stick on him shown by the replay.. but in real time.. i understand. Luke will learn.. other than that one mistake, i thought he played a great game.. even had at least one assist that i know of (Jack getting the other). I have to say the MVP of this series is Mcleod.... He has been the player that is giving 120% every game and was just amazing to watch tonight. His short handed goal was a thing of beauty and really kepted them out of reach. Our stars came out to play and this shows what our team can really do. Ruff just amazes me ever game with his ability not only to adjust what needs to be done, but to make it happen day in and day out. I hope we put some doubt in the canes heads now and we come out and take it too them in game 4 like we did the rags. We need to go back into carolina with them doubting everything about how they play. this was just an amazing effort by everyone. the only hang up i have is who do we start in goal in game 4... we cant afford to pick the wrong person. My gut is telling me Schmid because i think if he was in net tonight... the results would have been the same or possibly less goals by the canes.... Its hard to bench Vanny after winning tonight.. so we will see.... maybe this was just a sit and learn game for schmid and we go back to him??? i just dont know.... that will be interesting come tues night. As far as lines.. dont change a thing... it worked so lets ride it.... Glad to see Palate bury another one.. and Wood seems to be trying to make up for the rag series.. love to see it..... now if only Bratt could get going.....
Not even a 4-5 goal cushion was enough to keep distance, Akira should start next. Vitek is playing with zero confidence and it shows.

Hopefully Akira is clear headed and rested.

But regardless if Akira vv or blackwood, today's gm 3 effort n play must repeat throughout the series

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even a 4-5 goal cushion was enough to keep distance, Akira should start next. Vitek is playing with zero confidence and it shows.

Hopefully Akira is clear headed and rested.

But regardless if Akira vv or blackwood, today's gm 3 effort n play must repeat throughout the series
Also looked like the guys left VV out to dry on most goals especially the shortys. Like, they were sloppy cause they had a big lead kind of stuff. Not completely fair to him. But that being said, it’s still a tough choice come Tuesday.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also looked like the guys left VV out to dry on most goals especially the shortys. Like, they were sloppy cause they had a big lead kind of stuff. Not completely fair to him. But that being said, it’s still a tough choice come Tuesday.
the shorties given up by our pp is inexcusable... i mean, i was literally asking the tv(cuz they hear me right?) for no more PPs it was doing more harm than good.

However, Schmid too was left to dry as well in the abysmal display in gm 2 but gutless playing.

Now this sunday, there wasn't lead that VV gave me any confidence he can stop. The post had as much or more saves than he did at one point. VV is not exactly exuding confidence at all back there.... we legit score 3,4,5,6,7,8 goals but it was almost not enough had those posts gone in.

Some of the Carolina goals too were, IMO, had to be saved/stopped. It wasn't as if they came off a rebound and he had to make a stretch for a chance, some were clean right into and poof.

Gotta be Akira.... the compromise, sigh, would be to start VV but unless he's showing some spiderman like saves, the first ringer in, make the change and stop it from costing the team.

Also important for us to get the lead first and pile on.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not meaning to bash on VV, but just thinking about and looking in, that was actually his first W for us these playoffs(duh!).

In the games he started in net, he allowed 4, 5 & 4 goals in! fuck! in his games he came in to spell the troubled Akira, he let in 1 & 2 goals in with at least 20 mins played. He came in vs NYR but only for 2 mins which was 0 GA.

Yea.... apologies but the body language fits the stats sadly...

Gotta roll Akira.... but jesus you are playing with a loaded gun with Vanecek if we don't get a lead soon or first before Carolina.