• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: New Jersey Devils vs Carolina Hurricanes Round 2

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better period. May or may not come back from two down, but I liked the way they responded.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bratt is a major fail right now

Top line gotta be better

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fine(not fine)

I was prepared for a let down due to gm 7 being 48 hrs ago

Guys need to adapt n adjust

That I believe we can

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d have been a lot more content losing prior to that 4th goal. VV should have had that. But again the effort has been better since the first.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a tough one but I dont think any of us are surprised.... Seems like we live or die by Graves sucking or not... He was the lone guy at the blue line with the puck who not only failed to move it up the boards, but when it got intercepted, he let the guy go right past him without even trying to slow him down.. hell, i would have rathered an interference call there instead of the goal for them to go up 2-0. Bratt was HORRID tonight.... leading to the 4th and ice goal... Hey NHL... how many more times are you going to let our superstar in Hughes get man handled, take sticks to the face, be knocked down without the puck (which is ALWAYS interference when we do it???) before you start calling it??? Whats the matter, you afraid the devils might actually win if you do call it? Nico got destroyed several times infront their net without the puck.. no call. We definitely missed timo tonight and the lines looked out of place... and YES, the 4th line played a ton.. not sure why... I hated the line ups tonight, but I guess with Timo gone, he had to do something... We had so many times the puck was right there and we could not bury it... just a frustrating game to watch.. but again, i am not surprised... esp the way we opened the game... we were not ready to play and the Canes came VERY ready. I hope we can shake that off in game two and pray that Timo is back.... We were not sharp tonight... how many passes went off our skates and backwards... that is so not like us... But hey.,.. we dropped game 1 of the last series 5-1... so anything can happen.... I think we all were just hoping they would have played better coming off such a great win.... Lets see if they can correct things in game 2. Bratt to line 4 maybe???? He doesnt deserve a higher line.... he has been that bad.....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a tough one but I dont think any of us are surprised.... Seems like we live or die by Graves sucking or not... He was the lone guy at the blue line with the puck who not only failed to move it up the boards, but when it got intercepted, he let the guy go right past him without even trying to slow him down.. hell, i would have rathered an interference call there instead of the goal for them to go up 2-0. Bratt was HORRID tonight.... leading to the 4th and ice goal... Hey NHL... how many more times are you going to let our superstar in Hughes get man handled, take sticks to the face, be knocked down without the puck (which is ALWAYS interference when we do it???) before you start calling it??? Whats the matter, you afraid the devils might actually win if you do call it? Nico got destroyed several times infront their net without the puck.. no call. We definitely missed timo tonight and the lines looked out of place... and YES, the 4th line played a ton.. not sure why... I hated the line ups tonight, but I guess with Timo gone, he had to do something... We had so many times the puck was right there and we could not bury it... just a frustrating game to watch.. but again, i am not surprised... esp the way we opened the game... we were not ready to play and the Canes came VERY ready. I hope we can shake that off in game two and pray that Timo is back.... We were not sharp tonight... how many passes went off our skates and backwards... that is so not like us... But hey.,.. we dropped game 1 of the last series 5-1... so anything can happen.... I think we all were just hoping they would have played better coming off such a great win.... Lets see if they can correct things in game 2. Bratt to line 4 maybe???? He doesnt deserve a higher line.... he has been that bad.....
Bratt is really frustrating me

The guy is playing with no urgency or killer mindsight, he's constantly set up to hit the open net but whiffs all the time! Not to mention the turnovers and consistent mishandling of the puck. Like who da f is this guy now? Bring back early season Bratt. He should put down the lines, top line not doing enough and he's a big part for that unfortunately.

I wasn't too blown away cuz I was prepared for a loss to begin with. I do see a lot of positives for potential so we just need to play to that capability.

Gm 2 will tell me we win this or not, gm 2 must be won by us.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nhl hates us cuz too many missed calls over the last couple games

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bratt is really frustrating me

The guy is playing with no urgency or killer mindsight, he's constantly set up to hit the open net but whiffs all the time! Not to mention the turnovers and consistent mishandling of the puck. Like who da f is this guy now? Bring back early season Bratt. He should put down the lines, top line not doing enough and he's a big part for that unfortunately.

I wasn't too blown away cuz I was prepared for a loss to begin with. I do see a lot of positives for potential so we just need to play to that capability.

Gm 2 will tell me we win this or not, gm 2 must be won by us.
Definitely agree on the last sentence. Although nothing is out of the question, it just feels like going down 2-0 is different than it was against the Rangers cause of how effective the Canes can shut down offenses.

That said, I’m fully confident this team can do the job Friday!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll blame that one on burnout from game 7/quick turnaround for game 1. Team looked lifeless. Expect a much better effort in game 2.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mentioned before, just because we're playing the Canes doesn't mean we need to lose our grit or nasty given the opponent... We fought and ruffled up with the Rangers... we can do that back to Carolina...

Their dmen look like trees however I see a lost of us skating by or around them too... they can't stay in front of us for longetivity of the games....

In Ruff, i'll trust the changes and adjustments.... he's earned that.

AKira starts gm 2 too... i don't even blink at that decision.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bratt really needs to show up. Our other starts even when they're not scoring are making an impact. He looks lost
Can only get by so much with his zero impact in the game

We were down 2 offensive guys yesterday and one of them was actually playing!

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Timo and if he will be out there... i would be surprised if he is not, esp since he was cleared for game 1 but chose not to play.... I imagine he will be a go for game 2??? we need his grit and presence out there... we all know we are not gonna get that from Bratt.. he is too worried about getting hit and avoiding checks at the cost of turn overs....