• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

marc gasol

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
how much dough would you guys throw at this guy? i'd give him a near-max deal. i really think with the talent/depth we have, he would really elevate this team and hide a lot of our flaws. 5/$60 or whatever it takes. that would, however, necessitate lee getting alan houstoned.

would you guys prefer nene? chandler? jordan [deandre] considering the varying money involved in signing these guys? despite the price tag, i really think gasol is the best fit. with the jerry west connection, we may even have a legit shot at the kid.. thoughts?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have the room to give him a near max deal. If we amnesty Bell we have about $10 mill. Memphis has also said they will match any offer.

Nene is probably going to get $13. Chandler probably signs with a playoff team that has the dough. Everything I have read says Jordan is restricted.

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We don't have the room to give him a near max deal. If we amnesty Bell we have about $10 mill. Memphis has also said they will match any offer.

Nene is probably going to get $13. Chandler probably signs with a playoff team that has the dough. Everything I have read says Jordan is restricted.

memphis matching notwithstanding, our only shot to get gasol would involve amnestying david lee and throwing however much money we have at gasol. jordan is also restricted, my question was a 'in a perfect world' type. meaning, given the choice between the FA and RFAs in the market, who is the best fit for this team. IMO, its gasol, curious if others share the feeling. also, with the new cap being close to 70mil, are we really at ~$64?

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
memphis matching notwithstanding, our only shot to get gasol would involve amnestying david lee and throwing however much money we have at gasol. jordan is also restricted, my question was a 'in a perfect world' type. meaning, given the choice between the FA and RFAs in the market, who is the best fit for this team. IMO, its gasol, curious if others share the feeling. also, with the new cap being close to 70mil, are we really at ~$64?

The salary cap will not be $70 mil. That is the luxury tax line. The salary cap will likely be much lower - somewhere around $60 mil. The Warriors have $49+ mil committed and still have not signed any of their draft picks.

For the record, the 2010-2011 salary cap was $58.04 mil.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, Perfect world would be Jordan for about 7 and Roy with the rest.

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The salary cap will not be $70 mil. That is the luxury tax line. The salary cap will likely be much lower - somewhere around $60 mil. The Warriors have $49+ mil committed and still have not signed any of their draft picks.

For the record, the 2010-2011 salary cap was $58.04 mil.

thanks for clearing that up. i saw the $70mil number somewhere and just associated it with the cap. my mistake. man, that david lee signing really killed us. not sure how many extra wins he gave us last year, i'd say high single digits, at best. not only would we be in the high 30s in terms of committed salary, we'd have a much better idea of what udoh has and he'd be far more developed as a player by this point. plus, we probably would have picked 3-4 spots higher in the draft. darn you, david lee, darn you to heck!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Udoh is going to be a lot better this season on offense imo. He had a sweet j before he mangled his wrist.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Udoh is going to be a lot better this season on offense imo. He had a sweet j before he mangled his wrist.

This.

_avi_ Lee is going to earn $11.6 mil this season. Next year _avi_ will earn $12.7 mil. Udoh, on the other hand, is going to make $3.3 mil this season and $3.5 next year.

I am not saying he will be a better player. Udoh does not have the perimeter game that Lee has. But Lee is already a lesser inside scorer than Udoh and the differences between the two will only grow larger as the years go on. Lee will never be a banger and will never be a true power forward. By the end of the season, Udoh will not have the same scoring numbers as Lee because (barring injury) Lee will play substantially more minutes. But Udoh will be a better PF and a better low-post scorer than Lee. He will also be a better interior rebounder than Lee. _avi_ will have more total rebounds, but his slop will not match Udoh's quality. By the end of next season, Udoh has a chance to be a better all-around player than Lee, who will never improve on what he can currently do.

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This.

_avi_ Lee is going to earn $11.6 mil this season. Next year _avi_ will earn $12.7 mil. Udoh, on the other hand, is going to make $3.3 mil this season and $3.5 next year.

I am not saying he will be a better player. Udoh does not have the perimeter game that Lee has. But Lee is already a lesser inside scorer than Udoh and the differences between the two will only grow larger as the years go on. Lee will never be a banger and will never be a true power forward. By the end of the season, Udoh will not have the same scoring numbers as Lee because (barring injury) Lee will play substantially more minutes. But Udoh will be a better PF and a better low-post scorer than Lee. He will also be a better interior rebounder than Lee. _avi_ will have more total rebounds, but his slop will not match Udoh's quality. By the end of next season, Udoh has a chance to be a better all-around player than Lee, who will never improve on what he can currently do.

the only thing lee does better than udoh RIGHT NOW is shoot the 18ft jumper. considering the wrist injury and his play in college, that gap may not be as large as it seems. if udoh can knock down the 15 ft, its pretty much an even swap. i'm very excited to see udoh this year and since we're spelling _avi_ shouldn't it be uDoh?

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the only thing lee does better than udoh RIGHT NOW is shoot the 18ft jumper. considering the wrist injury and his play in college, that gap may not be as large as it seems. if udoh can knock down the 15 ft, its pretty much an even swap. i'm very excited to see udoh this year and since we're spelling _avi_ shouldn't it be uDoh?

Righteous. Consider it done. Epke uDoh is his name.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, Lee is also an excellent passer.

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To be fair, Lee is also an excellent passer.

touche. i'll definitely, albeit a bit begrudgingly, give him that. he kind of has to be an excellent passer what with the lack of a low post game and no ability to finish at, much less above, the rim.

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

a. that was ten years ago.

b. david lee's two 'best' dunks involved him taking his shirt off and a between the legs, off the backboard, jam.

c. james white KILLLED him in that dunk contest. the two handed free throw line dunk was enough.

d. david lee is the only power forward not named troy murphy that goes for a layup off the glass when there's no one guarding him.

e. i rest my case.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Lee lays it up like a real man.

James White would have won, if he completed his last dunk, which I believe was a between the legs free throw line dunk. That dude is ridiculous.

Kevin Love lays it up like a real man too.