• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Superhero Movies

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Guardians of the Galaxy
2. Deadpool
3. Unbreakable
4. The Dark Knight
5. The Avengers

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definitely going to be an agree to disagree kind of situations.

The entire plot of Civil War is bogus. The same people that wanted to Nuke a major US city are the same people saying the Avengers need to follow laws. The villain and his plan has like a 1 in a million chance of happening and requires a lot of leaps of faith on the villains part but somehow everything falls into place. It reduces Iron Man into little more than an idiot. It reduces the American government into a petty, spiteful group of idiots. It makes Captain America a good guy for monopolizing super powers because monopolies and vast inequalities are American.

Thor is classic stuff. Nothing too risky but Id also argue it stuck the landing of the hardest stuff in the Marvel universe. Every part was well cast and the dichotomy of gods and men really came across as important.

Monopolies?

They're his powers.

And having the world know your identity is generally a bad thing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monopolies?

They're his powers.

And having the world know your identity is generally a bad thing.
Oh, you know if the Avengers was real every rich person in America and every police force in America would have everything made from Vibranium or Adamantium.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you know if the Avengers was real every rich person in America and every police force in America would have everything made from Vibranium or Adamantium.

Doubtful unles they dropped bombs on Wakanda.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful unles they dropped bombs on Wakanda.
They probably would. Wakanda existing in general completely eliminates the idea of America being the greatest country on the planet.

Tony Stark giving away his fortunes to schools telling their geniuses to come up with the next ideas of the future is how America works. In a way thats what makes the final fight scene so good is that Tony makes a lot of really good points even as his entire motivation for fighting in the first place is emotional and stupid.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These could change depending on the day, but I'd say 1-8 are pretty solidly locked in there in some order. Maybe even the top 10. After 10 it's a crapshoot.

1. Superman (screw time travel, I could watch this son of a bitch every single damn day, still get chills on certain scenes like the kid lifting the truck or "you've got me? who's got you?" But Kidder was atrocious as Lois Lane. Admittedly this is PURELY personal. )

2. Superman v. the Elite (the definitive modern Superman story and movie

3. Man of Steel (yeah, I'm biased. Sue me)

4. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (holy...fucking....shit. The plot twists there are epic.).

5. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (GREAT movie. Period.)

6. Batman: Under the Red Hood (I like this Jason Todd, although frankly I would've preferred him to be Hush).

7. V for Vendetta

8. Superman II (the whole Superman/Lois thing...and the fact that it was the creation/basis for Superman Returns lowers this a bit).

9. Batman Begins

10. Deadpool

11. Captain America II Civil War

12. Captain America I

13. The Avengers

14. Spiderman II (It was really really good).

15. Iron Man

16. X3 The Last Stand

17. X2

18. Hulk (Norton)

19. XMen DOFP

20. Spiderman (might be blinded by the wait and the anticipation of when I got to see it, but man I dug this)

NOTE: I have not scene GoTG, Unbreakable, Antman or Batman: The Killing Joke

Also I was tempted to do Blade, but I just really fucking hate vampires. Them and zombies are just terrible, awful characters in general. So I refuse out of principle.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably would. Wakanda existing in general completely eliminates the idea of America being the greatest country on the planet.

Tony Stark giving away his fortunes to schools telling their geniuses to come up with the next ideas of the future is how America works. In a way thats what makes the final fight scene so good is that Tony makes a lot of really good points even as his entire motivation for fighting in the first place is emotional and stupid.

His entire stance is stupid. The entire movie shows how wrong he is.

And this ending is 75x better than the comics...which might be why I also have it higher than most.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These could change depending on the day, but I'd say 1-8 are pretty solidly locked in there in some order. Maybe even the top 10. After 10 it's a crapshoot.

1. Superman (screw time travel, I could watch this son of a bitch every single damn day, still get chills on certain scenes like the kid lifting the truck or "you've got me? who's got you?" But Kidder was atrocious as Lois Lane. Admittedly this is PURELY personal. )

2. Superman v. the Elite (the definitive modern Superman story and movie

3. Man of Steel (yeah, I'm biased. Sue me)

4. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (holy...fucking....shit. The plot twists there are epic.).

5. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (GREAT movie. Period.)

6. Batman: Under the Red Hood (I like this Jason Todd, although frankly I would've preferred him to be Hush).

7. V for Vendetta

8. Superman II (the whole Superman/Lois thing...and the fact that it was the creation/basis for Superman Returns lowers this a bit).

9. Batman Begins

10. Deadpool

11. Captain America II Civil War

12. Captain America I

13. The Avengers

14. Spiderman II (It was really really good).

15. Iron Man

16. X3 The Last Stand

17. X2

18. Hulk (Norton)

19. XMen DOFP

20. Spiderman (might be blinded by the wait and the anticipation of when I got to see it, but man I dug this)

NOTE: I have not scene GoTG, Unbreakable, Antman or Batman: The Killing Joke

Also I was tempted to do Blade, but I just really fucking hate vampires. Them and zombies are just terrible, awful characters in general. So I refuse out of principle.
I pretty much disagree across the board, but your reasons are thought out.

:suds:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I probalby should've added commentary for each. But some of those are so close it's really hard for me to say why I'd rate, say, X2 where it is vs. X3 or DoFP.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, if you're not an animated movie guy, you're gonna just hate my rankings anyway. lol

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His entire stance is stupid. The entire movie shows how wrong he is.
Its the 3rd Captain America movie, for what thats worth

Tony is wrong but only because the world is basically portrayed as a bunch of jealous weaklings in a universe where massive amounts of power exists. Avengers 2 was basically saying 'humanity is doomed, guys' and Stark created the villain because that movie needed to exist for some reason and they basically went back to that well for Civil War. Humanity feels doomed so it scapegoats the heroes.

It doesnt change the fact that 3 Avengers movies have passed and humanity is still doomed and powerless. It makes the whole trilogy just seem...well, like Logan. We're all ants waiting to get squished.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn it, I should've left a hold for Justice League in my top 10. :10:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the 3rd Captain America movie, for what thats worth

Tony is wrong but only because the world is basically portrayed as a bunch of jealous weaklings in a universe where massive amounts of power exists. Avengers 2 was basically saying 'humanity is doomed, guys' and Stark created the villain because that movie needed to exist for some reason and they basically went back to that well for Civil War. Humanity feels doomed so it scapegoats the heroes.

It doesnt change the fact that 3 Avengers movies have passed and humanity is still doomed and powerless. It makes the whole trilogy just seem...well, like Logan. We're all ants waiting to get squished.

Humanity would be doomed if these valiant super powered beings weren't willing to risk their lives to protect humanity.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humanity would be doomed if these valiant super powered beings weren't willing to risk their lives to protect humanity.
Yeah, but what were they protecting in Civil War? Their own rights. The villain was the person who beat all of the conventional bad guys. There really wasnt anything heroic about the movie. If Captain never rebels then there is no conflict. Just a bunch of people that act as Avengers outside the law instead of not being Avengers and no one is going to watch a movie about the Avengers not being Avengers.

I just dont like the plot. At all. Just give me the fights scenes and skip the rest.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but what were they protecting in Civil War? Their own rights. The villain was the person who beat all of the conventional bad guys. There really wasnt anything heroic about the movie. If Captain never rebels then there is no conflict. Just a bunch of people that act as Avengers outside the law instead of not being Avengers and no one is going to watch a movie about the Avengers not being Avengers.

I just dont like the plot. At all. Just give me the fights scenes and skip the rest.

Well they were trying to take their rights away. Capt not rebelling against that is also wrong.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they were trying to take their rights away. Capt not rebelling against that is also wrong.
He was rebelling against that.

Team Tony was pro-Accords; team Cap was anti-Accords.

Tony is a capitalist. He should have had the stance that the government needs to but out. The Avengers are their own people and should have the ability to do as they please.

Cap is a soldier. An AMERICAN soldier. He should have have been all about following orders and making sure weapons are in the right hands and used for the right purposes.

The made a good argument for Tony to swap positions. He fucked up with Ultron and was dealing with a shit-ton of guilt. He wanted to relieve himself of future responsibility.

But Cap was acting completely against his military training. And there was little to no explanation for why he took the stance he took.

That said, the whole conundrum is interesting, and is fun to examine where personal rights end in a mutant/powered world. Even if the players seem to be playing for the wrong teams, the game is fun to watch.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was rebelling against that.

Team Tony was pro-Accords; team Cap was anti-Accords.

Tony is a capitalist. He should have had the stance that the government needs to but out. The Avengers are their own people and should have the ability to do as they please.

Cap is a soldier. An AMERICAN soldier. He should have have been all about following orders and making sure weapons are in the right hands and used for the right purposes.

The made a good argument for Tony to swap positions. He fucked up with Ultron and was dealing with a shit-ton of guilt. He wanted to relieve himself of future responsibility.

But Cap was acting completely against his military training. And there was little to no explanation for why he took the stance he took.

That said, the whole conundrum is interesting, and is fun to examine where personal rights end in a mutant/powered world. Even if the players seem to be playing for the wrong teams, the game is fun to watch.

The constitution trumps military duty apparently.

I can at least buy that argument.

Plus, we already saw how totally fucked up SHIELD was. How could they trust the govt after that?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The constitution trumps military duty apparently.

I can at least buy that argument.

Plus, we already saw how totally fucked up SHIELD was. How could they trust the govt after that?
Than state that in the movie. I can accept just about any explanation, as long as it is given. But they had Cap take a stance that goes against the core of his character, and left it up to us to figure out why. Like I said, they planted the seeds for Tony's switch in Ultron, so I am OK with his stance.

I realize these are the stances taken in the comics, and it is my understanding that the comics did an even worse job of explains why each team took the side they took. So at least the movies made an attempt to clean up the holes...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The impression I got was that Capt America was losing faith in the Government, that's why he takes his stance. He feels like the Avengers should have freedom of choice. Tony refuses to back down at the end because he felt betrayed by Cap as well, since Cap gets all the confidential files on the Winter Soldier at the end of CA2 and knew what his friend had done the whole time.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Than state that in the movie. I can accept just about any explanation, as long as it is given. But they had Cap take a stance that goes against the core of his character, and left it up to us to figure out why. Like I said, they planted the seeds for Tony's switch in Ultron, so I am OK with his stance.

I realize these are the stances taken in the comics, and it is my understanding that the comics did an even worse job of explains why each team took the side they took. So at least the movies made an attempt to clean up the holes...

Ugh, the source material was so bad. So very bad.

The ending to the source is even worse.