• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure about the story but the Chiefs do need to think about what the offense might look like without Rice. Toney on the field again would be a meme. Justin Watson doesn't have the same skillset
Worthy better be more than Mecole Hardman v2, and Mahommes better find something in Hollywood that no one else has yet. Or shit, maybe Mr Rugby player saves the day

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worthy better be more than Mecole Hardman v2, and Mahommes better find something in Hollywood that no one else has yet. Or shit, maybe Mr Rugby player saves the day
I think Worthy is more long-term but I think even getting Hardman out of a rookie wouldn't be the end of the world.

Anyone else think Coleman is a weird fit on the Bills?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else think Coleman is a weird fit on the Bills?

Sure, but he's never had an Allen throwing to him either. I always hear that the NFL is a QB driven league, so I bumped him up my rookie board once he landed in BUF

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but he's never had an Allen throwing to him either. I always hear that the NFL is a QB driven league, so I bumped him up my rookie board once he landed in BUF
It seems like he is their starting X receiver but a lot of draft analysts had him as a big slot. I think my skepticism can be flipped for a fantasy perspective. It's really interesting to see how much they seem to like Coleman.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like he is their starting X receiver but a lot of draft analysts had him as a big slot. I think my skepticism can be flipped for a fantasy perspective. It's really interesting to see how much they seem to like Coleman.

Same draft analysts that had JJ in top 5, Mitchell at the end of the 1st?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought about it this morning. Everybody saw that the Chiefs were thin at WR last year and it still took half the season before they started really using Rashee. I'm not sure Worthy gets extra play early because of the Rashee situation. They also didn't do much with Toney despite him being a Year 3 WR last year who had been on the team for half the previous season. Watson's just a vet depth piece and Ross hasn't shown himself to be anything special (didn't even get drafted).

I think the best bet for someone to emerge from the wings in the first half of the season as the other FF-relevant Chiefs WR (apart from Hollywood) if Rashee misses time is their highly drafted Year-3 WR: Skyy Moore.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought about it this morning. Everybody saw that the Chiefs were thin at WR last year and it still took half the season before they started really using Rashee. I'm not sure Worthy gets extra play early because of the Rashee situation. They also didn't do much with Toney despite him being a Year 3 WR last year who had been on the team for half the previous season. Watson's just a vet depth piece and Ross hasn't shown himself to be anything special (didn't even get drafted).

I think the best bet for someone to emerge from the wings in the first half of the season as the other FF-relevant Chiefs WR (apart from Hollywood) if Rashee misses time is their highly drafted Year-3 WR: Skyy Moore.
I'll be extremely surprised if Sky Moore becomes the guy to step up. If he was 'that guy', there would've been something more then what he's shown thus far. To even say he's 'flashed at times', is a big stretch.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as to Coleman/Bills..
I'm not putting a lot of stock into Josh Allen helping this guy out. Outside of Diggs, who was already really good before he got to Buffalo, Allen hasn't exactly turned lemons into lemonade with any other WR. If anything, I'd argue Diggs was a bigger factor in Josh Allen being 'Josh Allen'. I would've expected a Gabe Davis or other similar #2 to have been a more productive player opposite of Diggs, if Josh Allen was all that

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as to Coleman/Bills..
I'm not putting a lot of stock into Josh Allen helping this guy out. Outside of Diggs, who was already really good before he got to Buffalo, Allen hasn't exactly turned lemons into lemonade with any other WR. If anything, I'd argue Diggs was a bigger factor in Josh Allen being 'Josh Allen'. I would've expected a Gabe Davis or other similar #2 to have been a more productive player opposite of Diggs, if Josh Allen was all that
Well Allen has thrown for over 4000 4 years straight and Diggs only was a quarter of his production. Allen seems to spread it around. He didn't make Diggs anymore then Mahomes made Tyreek Hill but the WRs didn't make the QB. Until I see different, Coleman will just be a piece of the offense similar to Gabe and the hunt for a stud WR continues in KC and Buffalo. In KC Hollywood Brown will be the leader of the WR corp but he's no Tyreek Hill.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be extremely surprised if Sky Moore becomes the guy to step up. If he was 'that guy', there would've been something more then what he's shown thus far. To even say he's 'flashed at times', is a big stretch.
I think it's more that nobody else is that guy.

In Old School I put our Trey Lance where my mouth is. If that doesn't show commitment I don't know what does!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of the other chiefs WRs were 1st round picks?

It's gonna be the worthy + Hollywood show behind Kelce until Rice's suspension is up

Worthy >>>>>>>> Toney/Skyy, and I'm not a big worthy guy, I took BTJr over him in D2

Fun fact: in air yards per target last, Rice's 6.2 was DEAD LAST out of the top 70 fantasy WRs. (Probably more, but I stopped looking when I got to #70).

An optimist might say that means the Chiefs were trying to get the ball in his hands, but it's almost like they never dialed up any deep passes for him, which are the highest value targets for fantasy

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's gonna be the worthy + Hollywood show behind Kelce until Rice's suspension is up

Worthy >>>>>>>> Toney/Skyy, and I'm not a big worthy guy, I took BTJr over him in D2

Fun fact: in air yards per target last, Rice's 6.2 was DEAD LAST out of the top 70 fantasy WRs. (Probably more, but I stopped looking when I got to #70).

An optimist might say that means the Chiefs were trying to get the ball in his hands, but it's almost like they never dialed up any deep passes for him, which are the highest value targets for fantasy
I doubt Worthy gets a lot of targets early. Even Tyreek, his rookie year, was on the field for under 20% of offensive snaps in September, and under 30% for all but one 35% game in October. Never hit 70% until his sophomore year.

If Rashee misses time early, somebody else will probably step up. If for some reason he misses time late, Worthy can step up then.

I'm guessing Moore, but it could also be Noah Gray or RBs or just a mish-mash of everybody.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Worthy gets a lot of targets early. Even Tyreek, his rookie year, was on the field for under 20% of offensive snaps in September, and under 30% for all but one 35% game in October. Never hit 70% until his sophomore year.

If Rashee misses time early, somebody else will probably step up. If for some reason he misses time late, Worthy can step up then.

I'm guessing Moore, but it could also be Noah Gray or RBs or just a mish-mash of everybody.

Tyreek comparisons mean absolutely nothing. He played RB in college, they drafted him as a KR/PR late in the draft, no one knew what they had in him (including the Chiefs) until he started rocking out on returns, pretty much forcing them to get him snaps on offense.

Since the Chiefs haven't drafted a WR in the first round since Jon Baldwin in 2011, 2 years before Andy Reid showed up, there isn't anything in the historical stats that make sense to compare to this situation, and that's before you take Rice's off-field behavior into account.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid's had two first-round WRs on his squads in his HC career. Neither of them had double-digit targets in any game until December (Maclin).

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid's had two first-round WRs on his squads in his HC career. Neither of them had double-digit targets in any game until December (Maclin).

He's only had 1 Pat Mahomes in his entire coaching career

Stephen Colbert Gotcha GIF by Team Coco

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only had 1 Pat Mahomes in his entire coaching career

Stephen Colbert Gotcha GIF by Team Coco
Whoa, I gotta concede the point. I just did an exhaustive study, and Reid has never had a first-round WR with Patrick Mahomes at QB who had less than 2000 yards and 20 TDs his rookie season. Kind of amazing when you think about it!