• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I forget, just gotta wish my boy Donnie Kelly a happy birthday.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good to see everybody is happy...... How much concern is there about the # of innings Smyly can pitch this season?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His switch from the bullpen back to a starting role will likely not be an easy transition. Hew will be on a short leash the first half of the season. I would be surprise to see him go over 150 innings this year. The good news is the other 4 starters should all easily be good for over 175 inning with JV and Max around 200.
The most important thing with Smyly is to watch how he does the second time through the batting order.

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Self pity? Are you iffy part 2?

The facts? I laughed at tiger fans that said kinsler WILL get on base more than fielder....and called them delirious. And you were offended when i wasnt even talking about you....

I think miggy will be walked a ton having a slow singles hitter behind him and a 5-9 that is average at best....

I dont see why people are in love with raji davis because hes fast....

I dont see how fans think kinslers elite now that hes a tiger....just look at his stats the last 5 years....

Im not sold on kroll or coke being the answer as the lefty go to guy....what stats do you want...

I dont trust rondon or ALAL.....also scared of smyly moving to rotation without a back up plan....

I dont know why the tigers gave joba anything....someone in the minors can do what he does...

Whos going to leadoff? I bet we end up with ajax back there since kinsler is going to be needed to hit 5th unless castellanos proves me wrong....which i hope since i have a few castellanos rookie cards stacked up.

I dont know what you want me to post for these so called facts since they are my opinions....looking at your posts, you seem to like to talk down to others like iffy did.....dont self pity me.....lets just wait for the year to play out and we will see if this team is better....

I think....MY OPINION....so dont blow a gasket.....is the tigers will still win the central unless KC puts a whole year together.....and lose in the first round.....if teams take my advice and walk miggy a ton....put him on first, knowing hes not going first to third on a single....and 5-9 has to prove to come up with big hits...then it will be a longer year than most tiger fans are expected....we better hope the SP repeats last year...

No power
5-9 in the lineup
Bullpen
Lack of depth at SP in case of injury

Those will be this teams achilles heal.....but we got raji speed demon davis to pick up the slack.....were good.
No power
5-9 in the lineup
Bullpen I see us in third place. We have hunter, Cabrea and martinez if jacksons isnt lkeading off hes good. But the rest is Hot or cold garbadge. :laugh3:

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good bye to Prince and his epic postseason 194 BA (28 for 144) with 5 HR and a whopping 11 rbi in 164 appearances at the dish. Hello to Ian Kinsler and his 311 BA (38 for 122) with 4 HR and 20 RBI in 148 trips to the dish in the postseason.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Self pity? Are you iffy part 2?

The facts? I laughed at tiger fans that said kinsler WILL get on base more than fielder....and called them delirious. And you were offended when i wasnt even talking about you....

I think miggy will be walked a ton having a slow singles hitter behind him and a 5-9 that is average at best....

I dont see why people are in love with raji davis because hes fast....

I dont see how fans think kinslers elite now that hes a tiger....just look at his stats the last 5 years....

Im not sold on kroll or coke being the answer as the lefty go to guy....what stats do you want...

I dont trust rondon or ALAL.....also scared of smyly moving to rotation without a back up plan....

I dont know why the tigers gave joba anything....someone in the minors can do what he does...

Whos going to leadoff? I bet we end up with ajax back there since kinsler is going to be needed to hit 5th unless castellanos proves me wrong....which i hope since i have a few castellanos rookie cards stacked up.

I dont know what you want me to post for these so called facts since they are my opinions....looking at your posts, you seem to like to talk down to others like iffy did.....dont self pity me.....lets just wait for the year to play out and we will see if this team is better....

I think....MY OPINION....so dont blow a gasket.....is the tigers will still win the central unless KC puts a whole year together.....and lose in the first round.....if teams take my advice and walk miggy a ton....put him on first, knowing hes not going first to third on a single....and 5-9 has to prove to come up with big hits...then it will be a longer year than most tiger fans are expected....we better hope the SP repeats last year...

No power
5-9 in the lineup
Bullpen
Lack of depth at SP in case of injury

Those will be this teams achilles heal.....but we got raji speed demon davis to pick up the slack.....were good.

Awesome post,
I agree with most of your thoughts here, this is reality. But the other reality is that the tigers are still far superior to any team in the central. Also scherzer was a dback not a red I believe and he started his career 8-0 there if I recall correctly.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves you say you are hesitant about signing miggy (a much better hitter than prince) but are upset the tigers traded fielders massive contract for kinsler? You should be ecstatic they got anything back. That contract is a disaster. I said it when the tigers signed him, I said it when the tigers traded him and still cant believe they received anything in return. Of course kinsler is not as good as fielder, that wasnt the point. Us tigers fans should be relieved that they unloaded that contract, prince has been declining already and the rangers are going to pay thru the nose. Maybe he has one or two good years left in him, but hes no ortiz.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No power
5-9 in the lineup
Bullpen I see us in third place. We have hunter, Cabrea and martinez if jacksons isnt lkeading off hes good. But the rest is Hot or cold garbadge. :laugh3:

Third place? Really? Their starting pitching and lineup are far better than any team in the division. They have improved their speed and defense. They play in an awful division.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good to see everybody is happy...... How much concern is there about the # of innings Smyly can pitch this season?

Im very concerned. The tigers weakened both their rotation and bullpen with this ridiculous move.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not feeling the addition of Aoki will be enough to make that Royals offense matter. And the three other teams stink.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not feeling the addition of Aoki will be enough to make that Royals offense matter. And the three other teams stink.
So we make the playoffs and let the chips fall. Timely hitting, defense and the bullpen are at a premium in the playoffs and we have improved each area.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just make sure Miggy is healthy in October. JV, Max and Ani can keep a team in every game they pitch. We lose Smyly from a very weak bullpen. But that doesn't necessarily hurt, he hit a wall last year. And won't be in a playoff rotation. (How he handles his spot in the rotation will be interesting. Not overly concerned about the fifth man though.)A healthy Victor will be huge. (No half season of warmup). Iggys D should shorten a few innings in the field. Jackson will steal bases again. Nicky C needs to somewhat replace Jhonnys bat. (Anything over .255 and 14 homers would be solid IMO). Davis can play solid two way ball and pinch run. I expect Torii and Dirks to be solid corner OFers, but not spectacular. Torii's offensive numbers I expect will dip. Ramon won't pinch hit or showcase his pathetic range this season. Papa Grande won't blow any games. Nathan will be solid and overpaid, no big deal. Kinsler being healthy is my biggest concern. And AlAl hopefully is cut in ST.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Porcello looking better because he has iggy helping on Defense? Can we get some Rick Rolled attention in here?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corner turning time for Ricky this year. No more outings like his against the Angels last year and he's looking like a legit #4. Which would be nice since he's definitely getting paid like a legit #4.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else get the feeling that the left side of our infield is going to lead the AL in errors this years despite being improved?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to describe how happy I am Peralta won't be in the infield. (Hated it when he was brought in. His bat made up for his cement shoes, but I still couldnt forgive his feet.)Iggy will probably have more errors, which is fine. Nicky C on the other hand will probably have more and be no better than Miggy. Even with my lack of confidence in the kid at third the infield got waaaaay better when Jhonny and Prince moved on. No more slow rollers up the middle. No more three hoppers thru the hole to left, it's gonna be nice to watch.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see if JV pitches any differently with the new infield. I would love to see his pitches/inning go down, although I'm sure his critics will rip him for having less strikeouts.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like that Muzz....Ricky looked like he belonged out there last year and this is his time to step up.....he is now 25 and 4 years experience....Big Year for Ricky....