• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I did see an article about hiring Jim Montgomery, I could def get on board with that. With his past alcohol abuse behind him, I think he could do some good here. What say you knuckleheads?
I hear John Tortorella is available. If nothing else he is funny in interviews.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the leader in the locker room ? Will it be Coots ?
I assume he will take the "C" but you never know. Depends on who your coach is, sometimes they have a different perspective. I can't see anyone on the team more deserving, which would probably move Ellis:L and probably TK or Hayes as the other "A"s. This is just all speculation on my part though.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume he will take the "C" but you never know. Depends on who your coach is, sometimes they have a different perspective. I can't see anyone on the team more deserving, which would probably move Ellis:L and probably TK or Hayes as the other "A"s. This is just all speculation on my part though.
Somehow this team needs to come together. Even if they don’t have enough talent to win much, they can be cohesive.

I don’t have the answer - I just would love to see something like you see at Carolina. Maybe Brind-amor is a unicorn, but that team just has what I’d like to see.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow this team needs to come together. Even if they don’t have enough talent to win much, they can be cohesive.

I don’t have the answer - I just would love to see something like you see at Carolina. Maybe Brind-amor is a unicorn, but that team just has what I’d like to see.
Don't think Brindamour is a unicorn. He was a good smart and extremely dedicated player. I'm sure he has instilled that into the players he has and built a winning culture there. We def need some type of cohesiveness on this team. Hopefully Coots can be that leader and that some of these younger kids start to really develop. I'm a huge believer in chemistry to compliment talent, we have none of the first and not nearly enough of the other either. But we can still win.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he is the Captain or not, I would argue that Sean Couturier is the driving force behind this team, especially when he's 100% healthy. I'd also say he was playing injured at some point this season. Add that to the fact that he only got into 29 games and it pretty much wrecks our season in itself.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just like to see what this team can be with a new coach, an offseason of potential growth and everyone healthy. If next season is another one of these, then we stockpile draft picks and completely rebuild, by all means. That would involve trading away probably our best several players though and also selling off everything available at the deadline for a couple seasons.

If we're being real, for how many games during this entire season were our Flyers 100% healthy!? I would lean toward none...Lol

What's the deal with Ryan Ellis!? This dude was the missing piece for us, has played in 4 games to date and looked good in them too. Do you want to play in Philly or not!?! It's that simple.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always like beating the Pens. Always.
I don't care what anyone says, they are our top rival, and have been for at least 20 years. Yes, Crosby does well against us, but his team not so much. I'm good with that. Our record against them in the past and not so distant past is pretty solid. That's definitely something we can be proud of as a franchise.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C’mon Kraken - end the season with a win !

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does Yeo get the pink slip ?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does Yeo get the pink slip ?
Hopefully soon, but I'm sure it will be around the end of the playoffs. I want to see what direction the management takes this team. Montgomery is my top choice for whose available, he has a great track record with younger players. Tocchet is another who has been mentioned but is he a good coach? We'll probably end up with Hakstol back for round two lol.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Ready to lock this one and stick a new one.

Anyone feeling like they could bring some luck to our boys?
We need so much more than luck like a lot more. Its a terrible thing.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well. Pens win cost a couple of balls.
So beating the Pens doesn't hurt them AT ALL but does hurt us and fools on this board are OK with our record against them in the past "not the recent past" but the past record is "pretty solid" :L

I cant make this stuff up.