• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good football player. Corner that will hit. Zimmer's kind of corner
I like how Physical Carson is. Not afraid of contact. It will be interesting to see how he does under Al Harris. Carson not great at turning his head around when the ball is in the air. Hopefully Harris will turn him into a ball hawk. The physical skills are already there.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how Physical Carson is. Not afraid of contact. It will be interesting to see how he does under Al Harris. Carson not great at turning his head around when the ball is in the air. Hopefully Harris will turn him into a ball hawk. The physical skills are already there.
I think this kid is a great fit for Zim. He likes those physical corners that can tackle.
Really, the only draft choice that was a head scratcher for me was the ND LB, and he might turn out to be a good player. Both the USC and Tennessee RB's were on the board and the Cowboys liked both kids. The USC kid especially would have seemed like a great pick to me. Rest of the draft, loved it

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this kid is a great fit for Zim. He likes those physical corners that can tackle.
Really, the only draft choice that was a head scratcher for me was the ND LB, and he might turn out to be a good player. Both the USC and Tennessee RB's were on the board and the Cowboys liked both kids. The USC kid especially would have seemed like a great pick to me. Rest of the draft, loved it
I think Zimmer will have Marist blitz quite a bit.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be. The set I can't wait to see is when Zim calls that Double A gap blitz he is known for and you have Micah and Overshown standing over the center. QB will be shitting himself

Zimmer never had this much talent when he was the DC last time . He did not have two All Pro corners.

He had good linebackers , Glover ,Ellis,Newman and not much else. But he never had 3 all pros

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be. The set I can't wait to see is when Zim calls that Double A gap blitz he is known for and you have Micah and Overshown standing over the center. QB will be shitting himself
Getting Overshown back and bringing in Kendricks was huge. They needed a guy like Kendricks to mentor the young line backers, because the young linebacker like Clark looked lost on the field and did not develop.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Overshown back and bringing in Kendricks was huge. They needed a guy like Kendricks to mentor the young line backers, because the young linebacker like Clark looked lost on the field and did not develop.
I think Kendricks and Overshown are going to be massive additions. One steady and one spectacular

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good news
Jones signs with the Cardinals. The Cowboys continue their offseason in the welfare line

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't have a cap problem next year. New contracts will all be backloaded

We have $40M in dead money for Dak next year whether he re-signs with the team or not. That $40M is already accounted for and we still have $70M in cap space with that. This dead money is mostly due to restructuring him every year. If Dak is re-signed, any cap hit is in addition to the $40M and if he walks it's just the $40M. The only way to help next year by signing Dak is to sign him now and cut this year's salary which would then roll more money into next year. But, that would be about the dumbest thing we could do at this point for a lot of reasons and would push an incredible amount of money out into the outer years of said contract. If Dak signs next year his cap hit will be the $40M plus a $1M base salary plus 1/5 of his SB which will probably add $8M to $10M.

We will not have a cap issue next year. These are probably the closest comps but you can add some to each and still be fine.
Dak - Kirk Cousins 2024 cap hit $25M but his salary is $12.5M, Dak's salary will be closer to $1M so say more like $15M plus the $40M
Micah - Bosa year one of new deal 2024 cap hit $14M (Micah's 5th year option is $21M and included and still have $70M in cap space)
CeeDee - Amon St Brown 2025 cap hit $13.9M

IMO Martin will be the only problem because we can't really spread his contract over a lot of years. But we will restructure Diggs, we will restructure or cut/trade Steele and Micah's 5th year option of $21M is included with the $70M in cap space so his cap hit more than likely goes down for 2025.
Yeah you got I to all the contrct stuff. I won't dispute it even though I didn't really read passed the first paragraph