• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zozo Championship = #82 For Tiger Woods

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woods ties Snead's mark with 82nd win at ZOZO CHAMPIONSHIP

Congrats Tiger!

1st ever full field PGAT event held in Japan.

Tiger started this tourney on Thursday with 3 consecutive bogeys...he followed that up with 9 birdies enroute to a -6...tied for the lead with Gary Woodland. Friday was a rain out, pushing the tournament into "finish mode" by playing as man holes as they could get in on Saturday and Sunday.

Tiger was leading by as many as 5 strokes, but the hometown player, Hideki Matsuyama gave chase cutting the lead to 2 with 7 holes to go when they ran out of day light. With a Monday morning finish in Tokyo, it made for a prime time finish in the US on the east coast...Tiger birdied the 72nd hole to post 67 for the final round and a 3 shot margin of victory.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger led pretty much wire to wire. Great complete performance by him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger led pretty much wire to wire. Great complete performance by him.

Amazing that we don't get more of the top players going head to head...Hideki did give chase, but Rory didn't show up until the final round. Not sure if Koepka was in this field or not...I think he's battling an injury. Woodland hung around, but never really mounted a charge.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think he was going to age well because his game was so ridiculously wide open when he was in his prime but that was impressive. Managed the course great and played the game his body was willing to let him play. If Jim Furyk can do what he did in his 40's I don't see any reason Tiger can't.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think he was going to age well because his game was so ridiculously wide open when he was in his prime but that was impressive. Managed the course great and played the game his body was willing to let him play. If Jim Furyk can do what he did in his 40's I don't see any reason Tiger can't.

He really hasn't aged well physically. But he's still Tiger Woods, so if his body holds up for a few more years I see no reason he can't at least tie Nicklaus' majors record.