• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Zona vs UNLV

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where all the Cats fans at?

I got work tmrw AM on the East Coast!

Good road test for UA...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanley Johnson with a few freshman moments.

Vaughn is filthy...but needs free throw work.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona led 3/4 of the game. If we could hit a damn free throw we would have won. Rondae got jobbed by the refs.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNLV out-rebounds Arizona 41-33 as they get the upset. Hollis-Jefferson fouling out opened the paint up big time for the Rebels.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too concerned at all. Road game against a team that desperately needed a win to improve their tourney chances.. meh. Now how we respond to defeat will be what I'm anxious to see. The non-conference win-streak is finally over after what... 39 games?

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't ride a 1-trick(hollis Jefferson) pony. Arizona is not a top 5 team. UNLV lost big to Stanford, Arizona St and Utah.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG! OMG! OMG!

UNLV stormed the court! Where's the outrage? Where's the russled jimmies?

Where are the "wahh they stormed the court" crybabies at?

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG! OMG! OMG!

UNLV stormed the court! Where's the outrage? Where's the russled jimmies?

Where are the "wahh they stormed the court" crybabies at?

Too busy being hypocrites.

uk-rush.jpg

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was only a matter of time til they lost. Arizona was playing with fire this year even against some bad teams(UTEP, Kansas St) They were fortunate the Gonzaga game was at home because I think they lose that if it's played on a neutral or @Gonzaga. With that said, I think they'll enter the tournament with only 3-4 losses, because the Pac 12 is somewhat down this year. Should be enough to get them a 1 or 2 seed out west. I just don't think they have enough offensive firepower this year.

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying it from the start, Stanley Johnson is overrated.

He's inconsistent and just isn't there in the big games. He had two huge costly possessions down the stretch, he isn't playing like he's made out to be.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too busy being hypocrites.

uk-rush.jpg

Yeah, I'm sure the 5 people from that picture that are still alive are on internet sports forums complaining about people rushing the court.

But you keep enjoying the view from that "we make Sweet 16 rings and cut down the nets after losing to OSU" highground.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's inconsistent and just isn't there in the big games. He had two huge costly possessions down the stretch, he isn't playing like he's made out to be.

:L you have no clue. Yes he made some mistakes but he certainly isn't overrated. Your Cuse team is shit terrible this year so you feel the need to bring others down. Arizona is legit. 12-1 with our only lose on the road in a hostile environment, our first non conference loss since 2011. Our last like 5 losses have all resulted in the other teams fans storming the court. Quit trying to piss on Arizona because your team is shit.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get everyone's best shot. Occasionally some teams will play out of their minds against us. We are the reason the opponents arena is sold out when we come to town. Comes with the territory of being an elite squad.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get everyone's best shot. Occasionally some teams will play out of their minds against us. We are the reason the opponents arena is sold out when we come to town. Comes with the territory of being an elite squad.

Who is the girl in your avatar?

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm sure the 5 people from that picture that are still alive are on internet sports forums complaining about people rushing the court.

But you keep enjoying the view from that "we make Sweet 16 rings and cut down the nets after losing to OSU" highground.

It was '73, I know all the inbreeding cuts down the live expectancy of people from Kentucky but I bet more than 5 are alive.

There's nothing wrong with calling your shot, we knew we were going to win the conference outright.

BearDownUA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worrisome that we had ZERO answer for their iso plays down the stretch. I know RHJ had foul trouble but that's gonna happen from time to time, we can't let that doom us. Sean Miller actually called it at halftime. York and Ashley got repeatedly taken behind the shed last night defensively and Stanley had his share of freshman moments.

Overall it was a close loss that isn't a huge blow at all, and we still had plenty of shots to win it in the end (Ashley's final 3 pointer should have gotten a goal tending call, Stanley getting cute on his layup in the last min). On to conference play and need to hope our offense can come together some more over the next 2 months

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was '73, I know all the inbreeding cuts down the live expectancy of people from Kentucky but I bet more than 5 are alive.

There's nothing wrong with calling your shot, we knew we were going to win the conference outright.

I know all the decades of mediocrity usually humbles most arrogant fans but it's good to see that it hasn't slowed down IU fans.

Speaking of which... since most IU basketball fans are typically frontrunning assholes who just root the closest team worth a shit (see: vast majority of IU basketball fans are ND football fans) Shouldn't all you guys be UofL basketball fans by now?

Don't get me wrong... I get that of all the fans in the land UK fans are the worst. They're generally arrogant dipshits. But at least they have reason to be arrogant. IU fans are 99% as bad but the team hasn't done shit Reagan was in office.

So again, enjoy that highground you're on. Being marginally better than the worst fanbase in sports is really something to hang your hat on. (ya know since you sure as shit can't hang your hat on anything the fucking team has done.)

If there is a God, Tom Crean will stay at IU for decades.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. I don't know what the hell is up with him. He played like a freshman tonight...oh wait.