• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Zona at ASU

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell of a game so far

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad loss for Zona. Zona now with 3 pretty bad road losses on the year. They aren't very good on the road.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed over the yrs that how u perform in true rd games has no effect on teams come march

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a rivalry game but ASu is fucking terrible wtf

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed over the yrs that how u perform in true rd games has no effect on teams come march

That's true, but I can't remember the last time a team lost two games against 2 +100 RPI teams and went on to win the title.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just didn't show up. You could tell in the first minute when Miller called that first timeout.

We have some times this year where we walk into a gym with a sense of entitlement like teams are supposed to just roll over against us. You'd think we'd have realized that every time that happens, we lose, especially on the road, and especially in conference.

It's not AZ basketball; but I have to wonder, how many more times are we going to see this team do this? I thought they would have learned against UNLV, and I was sure they had after OSU. We looked like we turned a corner on it, and then this happens, against ASU no less. This is how you lose in the first weekend in March. We' are going to lose every game we play like this.

Looks like it's a tale of two teams this year. If they are motivated, I like them to play with anyone in the country. When they don't, it's been a loss. I'm not sure what else there is to say.

How do you not get pumped for again game on the road against your "rival" considering they beat you last year in their place? How do they not know there is a target on their back every game, after being in the top 10 for so long?

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical rivalry game. No way does AZ state hang with Zona on a neutral court. The crowd and the team were amped up. That college basketball. Today Duke pounds Notre Dame at home by 30 and lost 2 weeks ago away.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU now leads the head to head overall the past 8 seasons! NUFF said.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just didn't show up. You could tell in the first minute when Miller called that first timeout.

We have some times this year where we walk into a gym with a sense of entitlement like teams are supposed to just roll over against us. You'd think we'd have realized that every time that happens, we lose, especially on the road, and especially in conference.

It's not AZ basketball; but I have to wonder, how many more times are we going to see this team do this? I thought they would have learned against UNLV, and I was sure they had after OSU. We looked like we turned a corner on it, and then this happens, against ASU no less. This is how you lose in the first weekend in March. We' are going to lose every game we play like this.

Looks like it's a tale of two teams this year. If they are motivated, I like them to play with anyone in the country. When they don't, it's been a loss. I'm not sure what else there is to say.

How do you not get pumped for again game on the road against your "rival" considering they beat you last year in their place? How do they not know there is a target on their back every game, after being in the top 10 for so long?

Just admit it we beat your ass fair and square. 9/8, huh. Arizona is not a powerhouse in Tempe. McKale? yes. I loved the look of Sean Miller today... priceless. ASU played great ball. Look at the box score and stats. It was that ASU played better vs UOFA not being motivated or that they did not learn from their mistakes. They wanted to beat ASU as bad as ASU wanted to beat them. Bo Barnes, Goodman and Holder held up to your Tark, Ashley and whomever...

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how I stated anything other than you won fair and square. Did I insinuate that there was some controversy, or an unfair situation? It's exactly like you said, ASU played better vs AZ not being motivated, and not learning from their mistakes. I think absolutely everyone who watched the game agrees. I'm not sure what want to hear. It was the same result as last year. We didn't take the game seriously, and we lost. Simple as that.

As far as AZ not being the powerhouse in WFA just because of your nice little convenient 8 year box: whatever you want to believe. I say this all the time to you; just using statistics that further your narrative doesn't paint the whole picture. The first few years of your little run were your best, and our worst teams in three decades. The last few, we just weren't focused. But the overall head to head in Tempe and any point until 8 years ago, we completely own you. We obviously just weren't pissed off enough. But its definitely a stretch to say that AZ can't win at Tempe.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, but I can't remember the last time a team lost two games against 2 +100 RPI teams and went on to win the title.

Less than a year ago.

UConn lost to Yale (148) and Houston (143)

Admittedly it was a very unusual tournament even by March Madness standards.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how I stated anything other than you won fair and square. Did I insinuate that there was some controversy, or an unfair situation? It's exactly like you said, ASU played better vs AZ not being motivated, and not learning from their mistakes. I think absolutely everyone who watched the game agrees. I'm not sure what want to hear. It was the same result as last year. We didn't take the game seriously, and we lost. Simple as that.

As far as AZ not being the powerhouse in WFA just because of your nice little convenient 8 year box: whatever you want to believe. I say this all the time to you; just using statistics that further your narrative doesn't paint the whole picture. The first few years of your little run were your best, and our worst teams in three decades. The last few, we just weren't focused. But the overall head to head in Tempe and any point until 8 years ago, we completely own you. We obviously just weren't pissed off enough. But its definitely a stretch to say that AZ can't win at Tempe.

What will it take to motivate the wildcats? Last year wasn't enough? We just might have spoiled a good seeding for UOFA. Is that not enough? OR is the in state rivalry not enough? NOT motivated? bullshit. Remember the JBach block to win the game? Would not that motivate you? OR piss you off?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad loss for Zona. Zona now with 3 pretty bad road losses on the year. They aren't very good on the road.

Good thing March madness is all neutral. I agree UA
doesn't close on the road. We need to improve in that. Regardless, 3 losses at this pint in the season isn't bad. It's not like we are playing Gonzaga's schedule.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNLV is somewhat of a western rivalry with UA, ASU's biggest game every year is against us and Oregon St. apparently doesn't lose at home this season. Arizona's 3 losses are by a combined 15 points.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They waited way to long to start playing defense...

If you play aggressive defense from the beginning the refs will adapt to calling an aggressive game and will swallow their whistle more. If you play soft defense from the beginning... and then start playing aggressive defense... you're going to get called for fouls every time... which is exactly what happened.

BearDownUA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bad loss no matter how you slice it. team just didnt show up and you could tell from the start, CSM had to call a wake up timeout within the first 90 seconds of the first half. probably guaranteed no #1 seed this year as well now that we have 3 bad losses on the resume. Props to ASU though for pulling it out

Its one game though, in a long season. Take the loss, learn from it, and move on. Gonna take 6 straight wins on a nuetral court no matter if we're a 1 or 2/3/4 seed