• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zherdev looking at Winnipeg?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translated from a Russian newspaper (where's MM213 when we need him?)

I got a chuckle out of the last line (bolded below)

Russian newspaper yesterday had a article about Zherdev wanting to sign in Winnipeg. They say if that doesn't happen he might just play in the KHL:

The negotiations are on, but Zherdev says he's not aware of all the details.

"I don’t know all the details of the situation. The agent does."

"But I can say that I’m seriously considering all offers from both NHL and KHL."

Right now it sounds like the Winnipeg Jets and Atlant of the KHL are the two most likely options for Zherdev. Some free agents are said to be avoiding Winnipeg because of the cold weather there in the winter. Zherdev says it wouldn’t be a problem for him.

"The weather is not a priority to me. The most important thing is to get a good role on the team, a good coach and a good contract. Everything related to climate and geography doesn’t basically mean anything."

"I met with Vityaz GM Alexei Zhamnov a little while ago, he played three years in Winnipeg. He said it’s very cold and a lot of snow there in the winter, which just makes it an ideal place for hockey. Great!"

"Manitoba doesn’t scare me. I wasn’t born in Africa afterall."

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SlavaMalamud: And, to nobody's surprise, Nik Zherdev has signed with Atlant Mytishchi of the #KHL.

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Winnipeg just got beat out by the town that built a statue to Russia's first water pipe.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Winnipeg just got beat out by the town that built a statue to Russia's first water pipe.

meh ... not sure winnipeg actually wanted him ...it was more a ploy by Zherdev to get more from Atlant

the NHL gms have basically told Zherdev to go take the pipe and it looks like he did

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlant over Winnipeg? I dig it.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would have gladly taken him back. Guess he just is not a locker room guy at all. You hear about the laziness but there has to be more to it with the scoring potential he has.