• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Zeke Who" says Jerry Jones

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Do you think all the Steelers were with Bell?"

I do. Im sure they were disappointed but I always see them congratulating each other across sport lines when they get paid. I think every players know that you should get as much as you can, while you can. Obviously there isnt going to be 100% agreement on every single team. But Im pretty darn sure the players have each others backs when it comes to getting paid.

Steelers Roster Angry With Le’Veon Bell, Call Him Selfish During Holdout

Imagine what they really felt and what they said to each other in private if this is what they said publicly.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he said that, as much as he is respected, he would be ostracized cause Witten got his money..
Huh? Timing, timing, timing...

Witten got his money when it was his turn and he didn't hurt the team or try to force it earlier by holding out. That's what leaders do.

I don't get why you aren't grasping this. Zeke has two years left under contract. Two years. This is why fans are unhappy with him. Not because they don't like him or think he deserves to break the bank and be the highest paid RB. Where does it end? Would you back Saquon if he held out this year? He proved to be a generational talent and one of the top backs in the league. Do we not care that he has 3 more years on his contract and eventually 4 when his option is exercised?

note: I think there is a rule that you can't rework contracts until year 3, but that isn't the point

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why he got paid in tennessee.
Dallas offered Murray a contract too. He just was offered more by Philly so he took it. Why not call him greedy? One can't criticize Dallas for not making the mistake Philly did and overpay :noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing though. It has already been pointed out that a player has the right to not show up and the team has the right to fine them for doing it. There is nothing in the CBA that gives the owner the right to force a player to show. They only thing they can do is fine them. They cannot discipline in any fashion for not showing. It is an option the team can choose not to do and in the case my understanding is the Cowboys are not fining him. .
:scratch: So...let's focus on this for a second. Normally if a player does something really bad, the worst discipline they can get is to be cut or fined, right?

Clearly Dallas could cut him if they (they won't) and you are saying yourself they can fine him. What worse discipline is there? I get that it is semantics, but if Dallas wanted to pay Zeke while he sits out, they could. If Dallas wanted to decide not to fine Zeke while he sits out, they could do that too. So, if they fine him, isn't that basically discipline?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per the rules an player only has to play 6 games to accrue a season. That means they can legally miss 10 game and it not affect their standing. What it will cost them is money and that is their choice. You will not find many players doing this because it can cost them a ton of money. I would not fault the Cowboys if they forced him to honor his contract and franchise tagged him for two years. It is their right to do so. However Zeke also has the right no not show up for work if he chooses. The Cowboys only options are to fine him or fire him.
Some different rules involved. In order to be eligible for UFA (for his whole career) a player needs to get credit for playing 4 seasons. It's why some guys that are injured for a year are considered RFAs. Zeke only has 3. He needed to report by August 6th to get the 4th. He didn't so he needs to report by August 6th next year to get the 4th. This relates only t ohis ability to be an UFA and has nothing to do with his contract.

The 6 games works a little differently. For players holding out you need to play at least 6 games so your contract doesn't toll (repeat the current year). Bell only needed to play 6 games because he was already eligible for UFA once he was out of contract because he had previously received credit for 4 seasons. He just needed to play 6 games to move to the next year of his contract. Since he was in his last year it would make him an UFA.

So if Zeke doesn't report by week 10 (11?) his contract tolls and he is still in year 4 of his deal and still has two years left - he's already missed the date to accrue a 4th year of service. So if he reports in week 9 and then holds out again next year and reports in week 9 again, his contract with the Cowboys is up but he cannot become an UFA because he only has 3 years of service in his career. He would be a RFA which has different rules.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas offered Murray a contract too. He just was offered more by Philly so he took it. Why not call him greedy? One can't criticize Dallas for not making the mistake Philly did and overpay :noidea:

Well to be fair it was the Chipper that made that deal look stupid......

Except for Murray he got his $$$$$

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some different rules involved. In order to be eligible for UFA (for his whole career) a player needs to get credit for playing 4 seasons. It's why some guys that are injured for a year are considered RFAs. Zeke only has 3. He needed to report by August 6th to get the 4th. He didn't so he needs to report by August 6th next year to get the 4th. This relates only t ohis ability to be an UFA and has nothing to do with his contract.

The 6 games works a little differently. For players holding out you need to play at least 6 games so your contract doesn't toll (repeat the current year). Bell only needed to play 6 games because he was already eligible for UFA once he was out of contract because he had previously received credit for 4 seasons. He just needed to play 6 games to move to the next year of his contract. Since he was in his last year it would make him an UFA.

So if Zeke doesn't report by week 10 (11?) his contract tolls and he is still in year 4 of his deal and still has two years left - he's already missed the date to accrue a 4th year of service. So if he reports in week 9 and then holds out again next year and reports in week 9 again, his contract with the Cowboys is up but he cannot become an UFA because he only has 3 years of service in his career. He would be a RFA which has different rules.

your are right. Mentioned that earlier in another post. I completely forgot about that.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Do you think all the Steelers were with Bell?"

Steelers Roster Angry With Le’Veon Bell, Call Him Selfish During Holdout

Imagine what they really felt and what they said to each other in private if this is what they said publicly.

The Bell situation is different than what is going on with Zeke and the Cowboys. Bell turned his back on his teammates by not reporting after telling them he would report. Then he goes public and tell the media that he never said he would report. Not only did he lie to his teammates hes is now throwing them under the bus.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bell situation is different than what is going on with Zeke and the Cowboys. Bell turned his back on his teammates by not reporting after telling them he would report. Then he goes public and tell the media that he never said he would report. Not only did he lie to his teammates hes is now throwing them under the bus.
Every situation is different. Bell was already tagged once and was at that point where many players say "no more". Zeke is holding out earlier than anyone does. I'm sure other players held out with 2 years left on their first contract, but I can't think of any

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CBA does not allow the team to discipline a player for doing this. Their only option is a fine. They can't do anything else.
Any negative quote in the media by the player can be determined as conduct detrimental to the team and the player can be suspended. Almost every undisciplined cry baby like LeVeon Bell or Ezekiel Everett will make at least one such comment

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any negative quote in the media by the player can be determined as conduct detrimental to the team and the player can be suspended. Almost every undisciplined cry baby like LeVeon Bell or Ezekiel Everett will make at least one such comment

That is fine but that does not apply here. Zeke has not made any negative quotes in the media. So right now there is nothing the Cowboys can do but fine him for not showing. They cannot apply any other type of punishment. As of today I do not know of a single thing that Zeke has done that would be considered conduct detrimental to the team.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure other players held out with 2 years left on their first contract, but I can't think of any
not sure it has happened since the rookie contracts has become a thing. Since it was set up for the player to have no real recourse. I dont think until this year anyone has held out of a rookie deal yet. (I could also be wrong)

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's ask Emmitt Smith what he thinks about all this

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every situation is different. Bell was already tagged once and was at that point where many players say "no more". Zeke is holding out earlier than anyone does. I'm sure other players held out with 2 years left on their first contract, but I can't think of any

That is true and I would not fault the Cowboys if they told Zeke to go fuck himself and play out his deal. They are within their rights to do that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fine but that does not apply here. Zeke has not made any negative quotes in the media. So right now there is nothing the Cowboys can do but fine him for not showing. They cannot apply any other type of punishment. As of today I do not know of a single thing that Zeke has done that would be considered conduct detrimental to the team.
Don't worry, that whiny bitch already has his feelings hurt by Jerry's joke. He'll say or do something. Look how many times this clown has been in trouble with the law. He's an undisciplined fool. He'll screw up.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's ask Emmitt Smith what he thinks about all this
Dont believe that is apples to apples.

With Smith there wasnt a hard cap.

Without a Cap Jerry jones is not afraid to spend money.

With a cap, you have to think years in advance to how you are gonna spend cap money. A lot of calculating rather than just sign here.