• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zeke gives up appeal

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrrah must've finally convinced him it was for the good of the NFL to give up the fight
The only ones happy are the other teams in the NFC.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only ones happy are the other teams in the NFC.
This was sarcasm based on Jerrah being a douche. He was all about Brady giving up the fight "for the good of the league".

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the teams responsibility to do their research before they draft someone not the NFL. As an adult there are consequences for you actions. It doesn't matter when they took place.

You honestly think that the Commissioner of the NFL does not have draft players character monitored ? ...And if owners hid it, they wouldn't be fined ?....Hey I got some ocean front property in Arizona I'll sell you at a meager cost .... :rolleyes2:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You honestly think that the Commissioner of the NFL does not have draft players character monitored ? ...And if owners hid it, they wouldn't be fined ?....Hey I got some ocean front property in Arizona I'll sell you at a meager cost .... :rolleyes2:
Most character issues are pretty well publicized so I don't know how much monitoring needs to be done. Regardless, the team is responsible for who they draft not the NFL. If a team decides to draft a head case or someone with off the field issues, the NFL won't stop them. That team better be ready to pay the consequences when/if the shit hits the fan.

My point before was a player shouldn't get a clean slate just because they are out of college. That's the way the real world works. It should be no different for athletes.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most character issues are pretty well publicized so I don't know how much monitoring needs to be done. Regardless, the team is responsible for who they draft not the NFL. If a team decides to draft a head case or someone with off the field issues, the NFL won't stop them. That team better be ready to pay the consequences when/if the shit hits the fan.

My point before was a player shouldn't get a clean slate just because they are out of college. That's the way the real world works. It should be no different for athletes.

I see your point and don't disagree except in these cases, if the law was broken and they were cleared/ not charged/ or fined, there is nothing to punish them for....I think the NFL acts like it's a better judge than the law on these young men's actions....They have made a mess of the league's character as it is and they think they are better qualified ????....It's ridiculous IMO....

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was sarcasm based on Jerrah being a douche. He was all about Brady giving up the fight "for the good of the league".
I don't recall him ever saying that.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point and don't disagree except in these cases, if the law was broken and they were cleared/ not charged/ or fined, there is nothing to punish them for....I think the NFL acts like it's a better judge than the law on these young men's actions....They have made a mess of the league's character as it is and they think they are better qualified ????....It's ridiculous IMO....
The NFL is a hot mess but so is the players association. The next collective bargaining agreement is going to be circus. I can almost guarantee there will be a work stoppage.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall him ever saying that.
Really?
It was all over the place. Then JJ supported Goodell. Did you miss that as well? Funny how time has a way of changing things.

The best was when Kraft gave up the battle saying no one team is bigger than the league, or words to that effect. No JJ calls Kraft a pussy. What an ass clown. If he loses his franchise (which won't happen) he could write speeches for Trump.

JJ is a senile POS. I hope this bites him in the ass. Even though I think the Zeke suspension is full of crap. Take your medicine Jerrah.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is a hot mess but so is the players association. The next collective bargaining agreement is going to be circus. I can almost guarantee there will be a work stoppage.
I think you're right. It will be us fans that suffer again.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I do believe a work stoppage is coming. Too bad the NFLPA been spending all their money on fruitless lawsuits, when they should be saving up a war chest. They will get crushed.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm rooting for Jerry in this one, I can only hope he gets some other owners on his side and fire Goodell....
I think it needs to be done to breathe new life and hope into the debacle he has manufactured....:hope:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team cheated more than the Patriots.
You mean accused more than NE correct? Why don't you try bringing something factual to a post every once in a while?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean accused more than NE correct? Why don't you try bringing something factual to a post every once in a while?
Only you Patriots fans think that your team hasn't cheated.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's always reruns of Law and Order.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly the comment I said he should have made after he lost the appeal with the league. Of Course that would have meant he'd be back by now, the record would be about the same and the team would be ready to put this behind them and make a playoff push...
Absolutely no way you could guarantee this. The record could just as easy be 3-6.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only you Patriots fans think that your team hasn't cheated.
Show me one ounce of evidence and we can talk?

If you want to bring up spygate go for it. We ALL know this was Goodell flexing his new power. It wasn't even a rule yet it was a letter not to film from x, y and z locations. Yet filming from everywhere else in the stadium is fine even up to this day. Was BB an idiot for pushing it? Yep.

Ok that's out of the way. Proceed.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me one ounce of evidence and we can talk?

If you want to bring up spygate go for it. We ALL know this was Goodell flexing his new power. It wasn't even a rule yet it was a letter not to film from x, y and z locations. Yet filming from everywhere else in the stadium is fine even up to this day. Was BB an idiot for pushing it? Yep.

Ok that's out of the way. Proceed.
I've really got you triggered... :D