• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zeke Elliott Suspension Reinstated

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't fault anyone for getting guys that can score. It is just on eof those things for me.

Did I read you got eli? :eek:
Yeah, drafted Luck and Eli. With Eli @ Den and no receivers and Luck STILL out I needed to make a move. I can keep a 3rd QB as a flex player so I'll likely do that until (if) Luck comes back

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should make him feel better though when he sues that lying bitch in court and puts her ass in bankruptcy protection to protect what's left of the shitty life she now has.

Sorry dude but that is just funny. Elliot suing her? Nah....not going to happen. He probably is going to pay her off to keep her mouth shut. Civil proceedings are nothing like criminal proceedings. Don't need near the same amout of evidentary support. Sure....he can call her a liar and I think she is. The thing is I also think at some point Zeke also put his hands on her. Both of them are at fault in this.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recently traded for Wentz. My QBs are now Wentz, Eli and an injured Luck. I just separate the 2. I never root for anything that would hurt the Cowboys and will actually root against my own fantasy players at times, but I'm not going to bypass a player that help me win. rooting against Wentz didn't keep me from getting points for those TD passes:noidea:

Nothing wrong with that. I would take a Cowboy without even thinking if he was going to get me a lot of fantasy points.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious timing for this... ...Right after FOX got to broadcast the huge Packers-Cowboys rematch and pulled in great ratings...

Pretty off-the-wall conspiracy theory, but who would be really surprised if a major network like FOX paid the federal courts under the table to delay the Zeke suspension until after the big Packers-Cowboys rematch?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dude but that is just funny. Elliot suing her? Nah....not going to happen. He probably is going to pay her off to keep her mouth shut. Civil proceedings are nothing like criminal proceedings. Don't need near the same amout of evidentary support. Sure....he can call her a liar and I think she is. The thing is I also think at some point Zeke also put his hands on her. Both of them are at fault in this.

Based on what?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what?

Based on all the information I have seen. The prosecutors have gone on record as saying that Zeke did put his hands on her or I guess I should say they believed the accusors. I don't think that has been disputed. However.....the girl is nuts...and her statements have made it impossible to prosecute this case. Like I said.....both of them are at fault here.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on all the information I have seen. The prosecutors have gone on record as saying that Zeke did put his hands on her or I guess I should say they believed the accusors. I don't think that has been disputed. However.....the girl is nuts...and her statements have made it impossible to prosecute this case. Like I said.....both of them are at fault here.

No, no one has gone on record to say any of that.

The lead prosecutor said the only accuser, is completely unreliable, and that her story is not consistent.

The NFL lead prosecutor said the same thing.......they have no reason to believe her.

You WANT to believe he's guilty of something. But to date, there is little to no evidence to support that.

But you are free to have your opinion. I'll wait till I hear something concrete as opposed to suppositions.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he'da socked her on camera, he'd be playing like Mixon.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The lead prosecutor said the only accuser, is completely unreliable, and that her story is not consistent.

The NFL lead prosecutor said the same thing.......they have no reason to believe her.

You WANT to believe he's guilty of something. But to date, there is little to no evidence to support that.

But you are free to have your opinion. I'll wait till I hear something concrete as opposed to suppositions.

Here's what we do know: the NFL thought there was sufficient evidence to suspend him 6 games. As of right now, he is expected to serve a 6-game suspension.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious timing for this... ...Right after FOX got to broadcast the huge Packers-Cowboys rematch and pulled in great ratings...

Pretty off-the-wall conspiracy theory, but who would be really surprised if a major network like FOX paid the federal courts under the table to delay the Zeke suspension until after the big Packers-Cowboys rematch?

Surprised??? I would be not just surprised, but over the top shocked to my core if that were true at all. i mean who are even the Federal Courts to pay? the judge? The court officers? This is worse than the idea that the Lions lost because the league told the refs to cheat in favor of Atlanta. Well, not worse but just as bad.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not sure what information you have but I have heard different.

1. Robert Tobias who was one of the city attorneys told USA Today that he could not conclude exactly what happened between Elliot and the woman but he believe a series of violent interactions occurred.

2. Apparantly there are text messages between Elliot and the accuser about him having anxiety on his passing an upcoming drug test. If I was to fathom a guess she was probably using that against him and probably provoked him into putting his hands on her. The provoking part is just theory on my part. I have no way of knowing that actually happened.

3. I personally think the woman is a gold digging liar who is skilled at manipulation. In other words I think she is trash. I think Elliot was stupid to put himself in that position. He got caught up in some shit that he should have walked away from. The problem with him is that he is used to people sweeping his shit under the rug and it may have caught up with him.

4. His attorneys are making the argument that they should have got to interview the commissioner as well as the people involved with the investigation. They are going to lose because they are asking for a double standard. All of the people speaking on Zeke's behalf issued afidavits but refused to be interviewed by the NFL. Hypocritical don't you think? If I as joe blow citizen can pick that up surely the NFL's high powered lawyers can.

5. Peter Harvey who was part of the NFL's external expert advisory panel actually stated that the City's attorney said he believed the accuser. No one has once disputed this.

6. The accuser lied about one incident only and there was a total of 5 separate incidents IIRC. That has been acknolwedged by everyone and these very same people also aknowledged she was truthful about all the othe incidents. Why did she lie about one? I have no idea.

I personally do not think Zeke is a domestic abuser per se. I think he got caught in a situation and did something stupid but nothing about him suggests that he is someone that goes around putting his hands on women. I think he got provoked somehow.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what information you have but I have heard different.

1. Robert Tobias who was one of the city attorneys told USA Today that he could not conclude exactly what happened between Elliot and the woman but he believe a series of violent interactions occurred.

2. Apparantly there are text messages between Elliot and the accuser about him having anxiety on his passing an upcoming drug test. If I was to fathom a guess she was probably using that against him and probably provoked him into putting his hands on her. The provoking part is just theory on my part. I have no way of knowing that actually happened.

3. I personally think the woman is a gold digging liar who is skilled at manipulation. In other words I think she is trash. I think Elliot was stupid to put himself in that position. He got caught up in some shit that he should have walked away from. The problem with him is that he is used to people sweeping his shit under the rug and it may have caught up with him.

4. His attorneys are making the argument that they should have got to interview the commissioner as well as the people involved with the investigation. They are going to lose because they are asking for a double standard. All of the people speaking on Zeke's behalf issued afidavits but refused to be interviewed by the NFL. Hypocritical don't you think? If I as joe blow citizen can pick that up surely the NFL's high powered lawyers can.

5. Peter Harvey who was part of the NFL's external expert advisory panel actually stated that the City's attorney said he believed the accuser. No one has once disputed this.

6. The accuser lied about one incident only and there was a total of 5 separate incidents IIRC. That has been acknolwedged by everyone and these very same people also aknowledged she was truthful about all the othe incidents. Why did she lie about one? I have no idea.

I personally do not think Zeke is a domestic abuser per se. I think he got caught in a situation and did something stupid but nothing about him suggests that he is someone that goes around putting his hands on women.

I didn't see this conclusion coming. If you believe he violently assaulted her on multiple occasions, I've got not clue how you can conclude that he is not a domestic abuser. Makes no sense. Either he did or didn't physically harm her. Either it happened multiple times or didn't.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see this conclusion coming. If you believe he violently assaulted her on multiple occasions, I've got not clue how you can conclude that he is not a domestic abuser. Makes no sense. Either he did or didn't physically harm her. Either it happened multiple times or didn't.

I can see where you are coming from. I don't see Zeke as someone like Josh Brown. There is something about this girl though that makes me feel she is manipulative and really violatile. I have dealt with women personally who would do what they could to get me to hit them. I just walked away and refused to deal with them again. Something Zeke should have done. She had something on him that forced him to stick around.....just one man's opinion and I could be wrong.

I am going on limited information to.....I have not went through all the NFL has. If there is more and I am not seeing it I can admit I am wrong.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see where you are coming from. I don't see Zeke as someone like Josh Brown. There is something about this girl though that makes me feel she is manipulative and really violatile. I have dealt with women personally who would do what they could to get me to hit them. I just walked away and refused to deal with them again. Something Zeke should have done. She had something on him that forced him to stick around.....just one man's opinion and I could be wrong.

I am going on limited information to.....I have not went through all the NFL has. If there is more and I am not seeing it I can admit I am wrong.

So she had something on him that forced him to stick around but that didn't prevent him from beating her up? I'm still having trouble following your viewpoint here. If someone is blackmailing you, you typically don't beat the crap out of them.

You almost seem to be saying: "Yeah, Elliot beat her up but I can't really fault him for it."

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Elliott as somebody who has been both selfish and enabled his whole life once it was proven he could lug a pigskin.

Nothing would surprise me.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You almost seem to be saying: "Yeah, Elliot beat her up but I can't really fault him for it."

No.....not even remotely close.

If Elliot hit her then he should do the time and accept his punishment. I do not condone it nor will I defend him if that is actually the case. I think he did put his hands but I think she did something to provoke it and no....that does not make it right. I do not condone it in any way shape or form. I have been in that situation before when I was in the military. I was dating someone who turned out to be a fucking nuts. Only wanted the "dependent ID card". Started throwing fits about stupid shit but they were just arguments but I should have seen the signs. Then one day she went too far. Started throwing shit at me, took a couple swings at me, spit in my face and challenged me to hit her and to be honest with you I really wanted to kick her ass.....but I did not..... I she would get me kicked out of the military if I did not do what she wanted......yes...this shit does happen. So I walked out...called my first seargeant and told him what happened and did everything I could do to cover my ass. Got her banned from base and yes she claimed I hit her and I did not. Funny thing is that even though I did not and had people backing me up I still had to go to "mandatory" counseling sessions....probably for being too stupid for not recognizing her crazy soon enough.

So it is possible for someone to make a misake. Accept the punishment and learn from it. I understand that this happened over a weekend. I am not sure WTF was going on there but she did try to get him in trouble by adding made up shit to it. He made a mistake. I am just not ready to condemn him as a "woman beater" for the rest of his life.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said. If there is a Cowboy thread, Phillygreen won't be far behind...

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know why you have such a hard on for me......dude....I don't swing that way.......move on. :rolleyes2:

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was interested to see if you were full of crap or not so I looked at a few of the most recent threads on the Cowboys board. I didn't see a single post from him.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My first thought was, how much did Jerruh have to pay to make sure Zeke was available for the Packers game. You know he wanted to win that one so bad, he could taste it.