• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zeke Elliott Reportedly Holding Out of Training Camp

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t matter

well im not quite in that camp but I do believe with todays rules you can win without a top RB you still need a running game but it does not have to be done with a 15 million dollar a year RB. I would not pay zeke at all and use the money elsewhere but that's me.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is too late for that. Zeke not reporting means if he plays this year it will not count as a season towards free agency. He is now dug in.

He doesn't need to hit FA by doing what Jarnnt said. Besides he still has the 5th year option blocking his FA status too.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't need to hit FA by doing what Jarnnt said. Besides he still has the 5th year option blocking his FA status too.

I don't think Zeke every planned on hitting free agency. That is why he is playing hard ball now. The Cowboys would own his rights for 7 years. Given his workload I think he would be done after those 7 years. Given the current situation unless he did something he will never get that big 2nd contract and he is one big injury of being done.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, man your team with a couple of pitiful RBs and see how that works.

Just because it's easier to find the position doesn't mean it doesn't matter.
That's like saying Centers don't matter.
We replace them with WR's like the Patriots and not give a fuck.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Zeke every planned on hitting free agency. That is why he is playing hard ball now. The Cowboys would own his rights for 7 years. Given his workload I think he would be done after those 7 years. Given the current situation unless he did something he will never get that big 2nd contract and he is one big injury of being done.
Again, Jarnnt said get into camp, stay off Goodells radar, and make him the highest paid RB this time next season. His FA status would never come into play.
Hell, even if Dallas doesn't resign home and assuming the don't tag him his still a FA after 2020, just as he would have been had he shown up yesterday.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Jarnnt said get into camp, stay off Goodells radar, and make him the highest paid RB this time next season. His FA status would never come into play.
Hell, even if Dallas doesn't resign home and assuming the don't tag him his still a FA after 2020, just as he would have been had he shown up yesterday.

yep stirring up the shit so he can get paid early. I understand but like they used to say "don't hate the player hate the game" and in Zekes case the rules are the rules I hope the Cowboys hold fast to the offer they gave and he can sign it or pound sand
JMHO

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who loves this holdout more than Eagles fans? ESPN. Damn, it is all they talk about. I just got a new 4K television so I have been tuning in to see sports on that channel, and it is like the Zeke Holdout Network.
Why u watch espn? No games on then change the channel

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally don't trust me, I just wanted to see some sports on my 4k TV. I hate ESPN.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the thing. This is all about the franchise tag and that Zeke feels he is not going to get another big deal. The only way that Zeke is not tagged is if he does not perform......well we know that is not the case. He is an elite talent and at a minimum a top 3 running back in the NFL.

I make no illusions.....this is about money and the running back position. I am sure we agree that running backs take the most punishment and have the shortest shelf life. But......I am of the opinion that Zeke does not want to play for anyone but the Cowboys. However, he wants to get his big payday because based on current rules he does not believe he is going to get one. I am willing to bet that a big negotiating point in the new CBA is rookie deals being only 3 years.

I understand the argument for not wanting to pay him because he still has 2 years on his contract and his off the field issues. From a business perspective that makes perfect sense.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I make no illusions.....this is about money and the running back position. I am sure we agree that running backs take the most punishment and have the shortest shelf life. But......I am of the opinion that Zeke does not want to play for anyone but the Cowboys. However, he wants to get his big payday because based on current rules he does not believe he is going to get one. I am willing to bet that a big negotiating point in the new CBA is rookie deals being only 3 years.
I would be shocked if that change happened. Imagine drafting a player and having him for a learning/adjustment year and then just two more? This would absolutely skyrocket salaries with all players hitting the market earlier. I think that would be a horrible change.

I'm starting to think there are two options for Zeke sans a new contract. Come back for week 1 or come back week 10 and avoid his 4th year tolling again. Sitting out the entire year would be an awful decision for him as he would be in the same position as he is now and would if anything lose some leverage by being a year older and a year out of Football and a year closer to L Bell. Plus it would cost him money.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked if that change happened. Imagine drafting a player and having him for a learning/adjustment year and then just two more? This would absolutely skyrocket salaries with all players hitting the market earlier. I think that would be a horrible change.

I'm starting to think there are two options for Zeke sans a new contract. Come back for week 1 or come back week 10 and avoid his 4th year tolling again. Sitting out the entire year would be an awful decision for him as he would be in the same position as he is now and would if anything lose some leverage by being a year older and a year out of Football and a year closer to L Bell. Plus it would cost him money.

I don't think Jerry has the will power to let Elliott sit the year and Elliott knows it. That offense is offensive to watch without Elliott and I don't think Jerry will be able to stand having the season thrown away with the talent the rest of the roster has.

Elliott will have a new contract as the highest paid RB by mid-October at the latest.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Jerry has the will power to let Elliott sit the year and Elliott knows it. That offense is offensive to watch without Elliott and I don't think Jerry will be able to stand having the season thrown away with the talent the rest of the roster has.

Elliott will have a new contract as the highest paid RB by mid-October at the latest.
That is a Complete Misnomer

But, yes, I think most feel Zeke will be signed by week 1 and probably on the field with or without a contract

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jerry drug his own name through the mud for Zeke and now Zeke does this? I think you are mistaken about Jerry's feelings towards Zeke at this moment. I think the Bell-like offer made to Zeke is a starting point and Dallas will go as high as about $35M for Zeke guarantee but he's not going to be the highest paid RB.

And I hope Giants fans are paying attention to what's coming up soon for them.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a Complete Misnomer

But, yes, I think most feel Zeke will be signed by week 1 and probably on the field with or without a contract

We going to pretend like 2017 didn't happen when Dak and that offense was ineffective when Elliott finally accepted his suspension?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry drug his own name through the mud for Zeke and now Zeke does this? I think you are mistaken about Jerry's feelings towards Zeke at this moment. I think the Bell-like offer made to Zeke is a starting point and Dallas will go as high as about $35M for Zeke guarantee but he's not going to be the highest paid RB.

And I hope Giants fans are paying attention to what's coming up soon for them.

I'm not considering Jerry's feelings towards Elliott, I'm considering Jerry's feelings about wanting to win another championship. Elliott is the most important player on the Cowboys offense by far. He is the second best RB in the NFL (behind Barkley). He will get paid as the highest paid RB as he deserves to be.