• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zaza Pachulia > Tyson Chandler - Who would have thought?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DeAndre Jordan debacle has proven to be a blessing for the Mavs.

Given Pachulia's per-minute rates of the past, his career season shouldn't come as a complete shock.

The Mavs were and still are an aging team, but they got a couple years younger with Pachulia instead of Tyson Chandler. Age aside, he's also proven to be a better space-eater on defense than Chandler.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely working out well for the Mavs. Jordan getting it done for the Clippers. Meanwhile, the Phoenix defense is horrible.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Tyson, Keef and Tucker are all gone by the trade deadline.

Look I know you want the highest pick possible, but let's keep it real here. Tucker and Chandler, even though they've performed below capabilities this year, are still two quality locker room guys, and no one is taking Chandler's contract anyway.

Keef? Yeah, a definite malcontent. I'd move him to anyone that would take him at this point as long as you don't have to burn too much in terms of draft picks to get it done.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I know you want the highest pick possible, but let's keep it real here. Tucker and Chandler, even though they've performed below capabilities this year, are still two quality locker room guys, and no one is taking Chandler's contract anyway.

Keef? Yeah, a definite malcontent. I'd move him to anyone that would take him at this point as long as you don't have to burn too much in terms of draft picks to get it done.

Yeah, great locker room guys. In a locker room that has a pouting bitch, two assistants fired, players questioning each other's desire to win, etc. Screw that. Time to blow it up.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, great locker room guys. In a locker room that has a pouting bitch, two assistants fired, players questioning each other's desire to win, etc. Screw that. Time to blow it up.

Point being, don't just give these guys away. Get some value. Remember two years ago when Chrisper and others wanted your team to #TankForWiggins???

Turns out you had yourself a fine season winning 48 games. Wiggins? A good player but by no means a franchise player at this point. Plenty of flaws in his game. Give me the 48 wins over what Minnesota has achieved the last couple of seasons.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. I remember the #tank4wiggins days.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point being, don't just give these guys away. Get some value. Remember two years ago when Chrisper and others wanted your team to #TankForWiggins???

Turns out you had yourself a fine season winning 48 games. Wiggins? A good player but by no means a franchise player at this point. Plenty of flaws in his game. Give me the 48 wins over what Minnesota has achieved the last couple of seasons.
That 48 win season was the worst thing that happened to this franchise. It gave us a false sense of being a contender which led to a series of moves that put us in the shitty position we are in today. I'd rather have the Wolves future than ours any day.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 48 win season was the worst thing that happened to this franchise. It gave us a false sense of being a contender which led to a series of moves that put us in the shitty position we are in today. I'd rather have the Wolves future than ours any day.

*Zero Playoff appearances since 2004. A long time ago. That trend is going to continue this season. Towns and Wiggins may be flashy, but that flash has yet to translate into wins.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Zero Playoff appearances since 2004. A long time ago. That trend is going to continue this season. Towns and Wiggins may be flashy, but that flash has yet to translate into wins.

Yeah, because I'm totally talking about 2004 until now when I say "have their FUTURE". Smh.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was a false sense of contending. We were contenders, then we signed a third PG for some reason. Fucked up our whole chemistry. When we already have two PGs capable of scoring 20 a game why would we need a third one capable of doing the exact same thing. Not to mention we have pretty much bombed the majority of our draft picks for the last decade. Kendall Marshall, Tyler Ennis, Allando Tucker, DJ Strawberry, etc.. It's kind of sad to think that statistically Markieff has been one of the better draft picks we've had and he's an immature ass.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because I'm totally talking about 2004 until now when I say "have their FUTURE". Smh.

Point being - The "future" had been bright several times since then. Remember when they had the world-beating frontcourt duo of the future in Kevin Love and Michael Beasley? How about the inside-outside game with Al Jefferson and Randy Foye?

Still nothing? Of course...

But, Jefferson and Foye are good role players in their 30's...With different teams and several stops since.

There are no sure things in the draft lottery. I get there isn't much upside left when your team has started 13-25 and had lost arguably your best player for the season. But, you still have to build on what you actually have (see my current avi). There's a reason you play the games, and fans are still burning their hard-earned cash to come to games...

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Colangelo back. People forget that the Suns as a franchise are one of the winningest teams in NBA history, most of it when Colangelo was involved at some position with the team.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Colangelo back. People forget that the Suns as a franchise are one of the winningest teams in NBA history, most of it when Colangelo was involved at some position with the team.

Nah, it's all about titles and getting that one "sure thing" in the draft that will cure all ails, as if any rinky-dink organization can do it.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point being - The "future" had been bright several times since then. Remember when they had the world-beating frontcourt duo of the future in Kevin Love and Michael Beasley? How about the inside-outside game with Al Jefferson and Randy Foye?

Still nothing? Of course...

But, Jefferson and Foye are good role players in their 30's...With different teams and several stops since.

There are no sure things in the draft lottery. I get there isn't much upside left when your team has started 13-25 and had lost arguably your best player for the season. But, you still have to build on what you actually have (see my current avi). There's a reason you play the games, and fans are still burning their hard-earned cash to come to games...

Wait…. people were high on Foye and Jefferson? HAHAHAH

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better core moving forward:

Bledsoe (oft injured), Knight, Booker, Warren

Or-

Towns, Dieng, Lavine, Wiggins, Rubio, Muhammed

Seems easy to me.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We lost him and Mike Dantoni to Philly. Embarrassing.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better core moving forward:

Bledsoe (oft injured), Knight, Booker, Warren

Or-

Towns, Dieng, Lavine, Wiggins, Rubio, Muhammed

Seems easy to me.

At least half those guys probably won't even be in Minnesota on this date two years from now. Watch.