1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zach Orr

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by Oldschool739, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Oldschool739

Oldschool739 It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Another undrafted diamond in the rough Ozzie found last yr, is climbing the ladder quickly...
    After becoming a main stay on ST's last yr is now vying for the #3 ILB spot behind Smith and Mosley...
    Brown and McClellan are competing....

The Competition: Inside Linebackers

2. blue_suns

blue_suns Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Sucks that Art Brown probably won't make the final 53.....seems like a waste of a 2nd round pick.

I don't know if it's him not picking up the defense yet or his size, but I don't know why he hasn't been getting any play time these past seasons.

Maybe the other guys are just better than him? :noidea:

3. Southieinnc

Southieinnc Ravens will miss his ass!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 3,136

Trade bait.....

4. blue_suns

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

That would be the case if he showed any value. I don't see anybody trading for him. I mean if he can't start on the RAVENS d, something must be wrong.

Or they're grooming him until Daryl Smith retires.

5. Oldschool739

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Well remember that Orr and McClellan both play ST's also and I think I read that they would all get playing time...
    I don't think he's going anywhere just yet, unless he simply can't play well enough....That doesn't seem to be the case the way I understand it....Nice to have the problem though !! :D

6. Southieinnc

Southieinnc Ravens will miss his ass!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 3,136

Writers seem to think Art Brown can't play the 3-4 but would shine in a 4-3.
    That makes him trade bait unless he can learn (hasn't) or they have plans on playing more 4-3

7. Ravskins

Ravskins Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

If Orr can become our next Ellerbe, I can be good with it. I am not ready for Brown to be tossed. I can't see size as an issue. Hell R. Lewis was that size when he came in.

8. Oldschool739

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

The reports I've seen on Brown is that he has just been a disappointment on the field, didn't hear anything about his size....Although I know the prototype ILB is bigger than him but if they can play, Ozzie throws that out the window....As you said, RL.....Brown would just be 3rd at best anyway, Smith and Mosely are the top dogs....
    They may be grooming Brown or Orr to take Smith's place next yr or whenever his contract is up...Ozzie is shrewd and always looking ahead...

9. Ravskins

Ravskins Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I would love to see Brown take advantage of the ST. That way maybe he could get onto the field in certain packages. The size comment was in reference to Blues comment. McClellan we know we have a good depth player but with Smith, Suggs, and Dumerville all in the 30's, the Ravens will need to retool the LB group in the next year or two. I hope they start doing it next year but I would hate to waste a 2nd rd'er. Too valuable.

10. Oldschool739

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

They got a couple this yr, Davis and another guy, can't remember his name but they said he was a good pass rusher and Davis got high praise from the coaches....You know Ozzie is on the job...

11. blue_suns

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

But the Ravens play a hybrid defense with both formations though.

They haven't even used him in those packages last year. I guess we'll see how he does in the preseason.