• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zach Miller

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i noticed something a few days ago. I went to pick up my wife and saw Zach Miller in the parking lot and almost did not recognize him. I thought he was a new WR or something when i saw him from behind. he looks to have dropped 10 to 15 pounds or more. I hope it gives him quicker feet, he looks like he did when he was with the Raiders his first year.

I am watching the replay of the Hawks game and you can really tell how much thinner he is now than he was then.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the sake of discussion; is weight loss necessarily a good thing?

I thought Miller was a stud as was. Good ball catcher, good blocker, slow lumbering YAC receiver.

I thought "he was not broke",...

What are the chances that weight loss could, however unlikely, negatively affect his play?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job knowing who he was. I'd most likely walk right with out a clue. You just don't expect to run into a Seahawk player.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job knowing who he was. I'd most likely walk right with out a clue. You just don't expect to run into a Seahawk player.

Back in December I was at Target in Renton at the Landing and ran into Red Bryant, Brandon Mebane, K.J. Wright, Clint McDonald, Jermaine Kearse and a few other Seahawks players. They were buying Christmas presents for kids from the Boys and Girls club, which I thought was really cool.

A few months ago I ran into Brandon Mebane at QFC up in the Renton highlands over near Liberty High School. Everyone I have told about running into these guys was surprised I could recognize them.

The one thing I will say is that these guys look thinner than they do on T.V. but taller. I have pretty big hands but I seriously felt like I had midget hands when I shook Red and K.J.'s hand.

I'm not doubting what you saw with Miller but I bet he just appears thinner in street clothes. I remember when I had saw John Carlson catching passes without pads on I recall thinking how much leaner and faster he looked in person than in the game.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the sake of discussion; is weight loss necessarily a good thing?

I thought Miller was a stud as was. Good ball catcher, good blocker, slow lumbering YAC receiver.

I thought "he was not broke",...

What are the chances that weight loss could, however unlikely, negatively affect his play?

K, the possible downsides could be he's no longer able to survive a hit and ends up with less yards. Where with the weight he might have been able to maintain his center of gravity. Another way it might affect his play would be on the line of scrimmage, no longer being able to push pass defender in time to get open or being able to handle the D-linemen (getting pushed back easier), As we all know timing is everything in the NFL one sec could be the deference between a huge gap/open man/getting the ball out of QB hand/ or a loss such as a sack/loss of yards.

However I think this might be a good thing, as you get older it becomes harder for the body to stay healthy when its carrying 5-10 pounds it might not need. If this is the difference between him being health for all 16 games plus instead of 5 or 6 where he gained more yards because his weight kept him up right than I'm willing to take that trade. I also think this might help his quickness of the line making him a bigger threat on the offense.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Back in December I was at Target in Renton at the Landing and ran into Red Bryant, Brandon Mebane, K.J. Wright, Clint McDonald, Jermaine Kearse and a few other Seahawks players. They were buying Christmas presents for kids from the Boys and Girls club, which I thought was really cool.

A few months ago I ran into Brandon Mebane at QFC up in the Renton highlands over near Liberty High School. Everyone I have told about running into these guys was surprised I could recognize them.

The one thing I will say is that these guys look thinner than they do on T.V. but taller. I have pretty big hands but I seriously felt like I had midget hands when I shook Red and K.J.'s hand.

I'm not doubting what you saw with Miller but I bet he just appears thinner in street clothes. I remember when I had saw John Carlson catching passes without pads on I recall thinking how much leaner and faster he looked in person than in the game.

I like how you changed 'stalked' into "ran into." Makes it seem better.:lol:

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol