• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zach Miller released, jesse williams waived

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we went to 2 superbowls in a row (should have won that 2nd one) why change what got us there? lets run run run and play defense why all of a sudden should we pay a very expensive price tag for a TE that caught 43 balls in a pass heavy offense led by peyton manning with 2 pro bowl WRs playing along side him? lets not change our philosophy I would much rather use that money to sign greg hardy if anything lets stack our D

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we went to 2 superbowls in a row (should have won that 2nd one) why change what got us there? lets run run run and play defense why all of a sudden should we pay a very expensive price tag for a TE that caught 43 balls in a pass heavy offense led by peyton manning with 2 pro bowl WRs playing along side him? lets not change our philosophy I would much rather use that money to sign greg hardy if anything lets stack our D
I don't think out would be signs of a philosophy change, but if you don't constantly try to improve then you won't be on top for long. Probably will be without Richardson for the first handful of games in '15 and probably have to do something to replace Z Miller. Julius Thomas would upgrade overall talent of the passing game. We already have the same running game crew returning.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think out would be signs of a philosophy change, but if you don't constantly try to improve then you won't be on top for long. Probably will be without Richardson for the first handful of games in '15 and probably have to do something to replace Z Miller. Julius Thomas would upgrade overall talent of the passing game. We already have the same running game crew returning.

I would like to upgrade the offense but how often do these high priced offensive free agents get paid what they were looking for, go to another team and produce at that same high level? i really dont believe that julius thomas would catch 10+ TDs or even catch for more than 800 yards if we signed him....

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to upgrade the offense but how often do these high priced offensive free agents get paid what they were looking for, go to another team and produce at that same high level? i really dont believe that julius thomas would catch 10+ TDs or even catch for more than 800 yards if we signed him....
He probably wouldn't because we don't throw 45 passes a game. But why should that matter? He's an upgrade. If you don't upgrade, you are losing ground.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure, I'm for sticking to a run heavy offense, as long as the Seahawks have the ammo to make it work. However time to prepare for life without Lynch. I don't think the backups can do what Lynh does. Lynch may not be able to do that for much longer. So what does the offense look like when the run game stalls? Need some better receiving weapons then we have and we need a upgrade at TE. Doesn't look like that TE is in the draft, but there are some WRs that could work out. Also TE are cheaper free agents then WRs as a rule. So if you can work it out with the cap, not a bad way to upgrade the offense. Doesn't have to be JT.

Is Greg Hardy a free agent? I would have to look that up, but I thought he was still on the Panthers roster.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably wouldn't because we don't throw 45 passes a game. But why should that matter? He's an upgrade. If you don't upgrade, you are losing ground.

im all about upgrade but paying 10 mil a year for a TE thats going to get like 8 TDs and 700 yards, there are pro bowl WRs in the league making 10mil a year and some good ones like golden tate, desean jackson, roddy white etc making less than that. If luke willison started all year im sure he would get like 500 yards 4-5 TDs so the difference IMO isnt much

Sure, I'm for sticking to a run heavy offense, as long as the Seahawks have the ammo to make it work. However time to prepare for life without Lynch. I don't think the backups can do what Lynh does. Lynch may not be able to do that for much longer. So what does the offense look like when the run game stalls? Need some better receiving weapons then we have and we need a upgrade at TE. Doesn't look like that TE is in the draft, but there are some WRs that could work out. Also TE are cheaper free agents then WRs as a rule. So if you can work it out with the cap, not a bad way to upgrade the offense. Doesn't have to be JT.

Is Greg Hardy a free agent? I would have to look that up, but I thought he was still on the Panthers roster.

There are only 2 teams in the NFL that honestly have all pro TEs and one of them didnt even make the playoffs we dont need a pro bowl TE to win, im all for drafting more WRs but if lynch is going to get the ball 300x this upcoming season (which is what should happen) there really isnt room for a whole lot of passing and what back in the league can do what marshawn does? there is only one marshawn im not quick to give up on christine michael he only touched the ball like 50x his whole career and is avg 5 yards a carry we spent a 2nd round pick on him lets atleast see what he is fully capable of before we give up on him im going to be upset if we end up cutting him and he pulls a justin forsett

and yes greg hardy is a free agent just hasnt been reinstated in the league yet but the panthers cut him and made it clear they have no intention of resigning him

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im all about upgrade but paying 10 mil a year for a TE thats going to get like 8 TDs and 700 yards, there are pro bowl WRs in the league making 10mil a year and some good ones like golden tate, desean jackson, roddy white etc making less than that. If luke willison started all year im sure he would get like 500 yards 4-5 TDs so the difference IMO isnt much

There are only 2 teams in the NFL that honestly have all pro TEs and one of them didnt even make the playoffs we dont need a pro bowl TE to win, im all for drafting more WRs but if lynch is going to get the ball 300x this upcoming season (which is what should happen) there really isnt room for a whole lot of passing and what back in the league can do what marshawn does? there is only one marshawn im not quick to give up on christine michael he only touched the ball like 50x his whole career and is avg 5 yards a carry we spent a 2nd round pick on him lets atleast see what he is fully capable of before we give up on him im going to be upset if we end up cutting him and he pulls a justin forsett

and yes greg hardy is a free agent just hasnt been reinstated in the league yet but the panthers cut him and made it clear they have no intention of resigning him

Yes not much passing this year with Lynch. However next year is another story. Rookie WRs like all rookies are hit and miss, sure hope the Seahawks hit on one, but a proven TE that is a talented receiver seems like a good insurance policy, I don't know that they have to be all pro. Jordan Cameron comes to mind also. Now perhaps the Seahawks just can't afford a FA ( from another team), I sort of feel they are going to wait until they get all their own players covered before they do any thing...if they do anything. So, I guess I'm just kicking some tires here.:2cents:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julius Thomas will not make $10 million a year. Of all the TEs in the NFL only Jimmy Graham makes $10 million, and Antonio Gates is the only other one to make $9 million. Other than tying for the NFL lead in TDs (among TEs), Thomas was barely a top 20 TE last year. IF Thomas comes to Seattle, he'll probably be closer to Miller's $5 million than he would to Graham's $10 million.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah TEs just don't get the $, which for me makes it a attractive position to use FA market. Doesn't have to be JT, but he would be a weapon as a receiving TE.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julius Thomas will not make $10 million a year. Of all the TEs in the NFL only Jimmy Graham makes $10 million, and Antonio Gates is the only other one to make $9 million. Other than tying for the NFL lead in TDs (among TEs), Thomas was barely a top 20 TE last year. IF Thomas comes to Seattle, he'll probably be closer to Miller's $5 million than he would to Graham's $10 million.

In the NFL, the highest paid players are just the most recently paid. And JT, like all FAs this year, is entering a particularly strong sellers market because of teams with tons of cap space who are trying to hit their cap minimum that are going to drive the costs up. He may have had a "down" year production wise compared to the year before, but he still had a dozen TDs.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather give the money we would've given to Julius Thomas to a WR.

Hell, I wouldn't mind trying to bring back Zach Miller back on a cheaper contract if we could. Although I believe I read that the reason he was released was that he failed a physical, but that could've been Jesse Williams.