• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zach Miller released, jesse williams waived

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Jesse could never make it to the field.

Not surprised by Zach. Too much money for a guy who couldn't stay healthy anymore.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, time to move on.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Julius Thomas in our future? Not much of a blocker, but maybe it's looking like that's not much of a concern.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Julius Thomas in our future? Not much of a blocker, but maybe it's looking like that's not much of a concern.

I am starting to get "ON" with that program, but I am doubtful with make a semi large FA signing.
Not a problem as we are a kick ass team preparing to make another run a some silver.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to get "ON" with that program, but I am doubtful with make a semi large FA signing.
Not a problem as we are a kick ass team preparing to make another run a some silver.
Every thing but the cap makes sense to add JT. Maybe the Seahawks find a way. That would be cool.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every thing but the cap makes sense to add JT. Maybe the Seahawks find a way. That would be cool.

Yeah, but it makes me ask why did Denver not resign him? They should have been able to find the resources for that, but I wonder why they would let him walk? If it is because of too much $, maybe we shouldn't sign him as well.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but it makes me ask why did Denver not resign him? They should have been able to find the resources for that, but I wonder why they would let him walk? If it is because of too much $, maybe we shouldn't sign him as well.

on second thought, what could be one team's luxury...could be another team's necessity.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it comes down to making hard choices. He was often hurt and not a great blocker. I'm pretty sure if they had the cap space he'd be back with the Broncos, because when healthy is a great receiving TE.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it comes down to making hard choices. He was often hurt and not a great blocker. I'm pretty sure if they had the cap space he'd be back with the Broncos, because when healthy is a great receiving TE.

Great point.
Go ahead and sign him.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt sign any of denvers offensive players because I believe that half of their success had come from peyton manning running the offense their stats would come down big time in seattle so why pay them a huge contract if you know thats gonna happen? Demetrius Thomas was a nobody, pretty much labeled a bust 1st round pick until peyton saved his career

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he did have Tebow throwing to him for a year before Manning. So with that being said you cant really call him a bust.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt sign any of denvers offensive players because I believe that half of their success had come from peyton manning running the offense their stats would come down big time in seattle so why pay them a huge contract if you know thats gonna happen? Demetrius Thomas was a nobody, pretty much labeled a bust 1st round pick until peyton saved his career

A lot of talent receivers would look like crap with Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow throwing to them. That said, there is no denying that Peyton made them look better than they are. At least prior to the second half of this past season, anyway.

I'd pass on Julius Thomas, and DT is probably out of our price range. I'd rather spend the money on OL help and DL depth and use a third or fourth round pick on a TE like Jesse James, Ben Koyack, or that kid from Ohio State who's name I can't think of after a second glass of wine.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get Julius Thomas, then get him. Not only is he an upgrade (especially with Miller out), but he is an athletic mismatch for defenses and he's the red zone threat that everyone is crying for. I don't care if it's Peyton Manning throwing him the ball, 12 td in 13 games is impressive (especially in 43 catches). There's no reason to think that with our WRs, and our offense, that he couldn't at least produce what he did for the Broncos last season (43 catches, we'd have to see TDs).

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can get a consistent three catches a game a lot cheaper, IMO. And probably from someone willing to block.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think somebody like JT is exactly what this offense needs. The up the middle, red zone threat TE that Russell can utilize. Imagine a LB trying to stay on Julius while Russell is dodging defensive players for 10 seconds.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would need to change their offense too much too bring in a TE that will only see the field on passing plays.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would need to change their offense too much too bring in a TE that will only see the field on passing plays.

According to PFF (and yes, I don't understand their blocking formula, but it's the best I can find), Julius Thomas would be an upgrade over Luke Willson as a blocker. Last year, Thomas was assigned as a blocker on nearly half of his snaps - so it isn't like he can't be on the field when he needs to block. Not to mention that what I've heard is that he's improved as a blocker since coming into the league (when he'd had 1 year as a TE @ Portland). Zach Miller going down showed how little a blocking TE is needed for this running game to be effective. Hell, they had Jermaine Kearse playing as a blocking TE a lot this season, so not concerned with whether Thomas can block or not.

Just how bad of a blocker is Julius Thomas? - It's All Over, Fat Man!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to PFF (and yes, I don't understand their blocking formula, but it's the best I can find), Julius Thomas would be an upgrade over Luke Willson as a blocker. Last year, Thomas was assigned as a blocker on nearly half of his snaps - so it isn't like he can't be on the field when he needs to block. Not to mention that what I've heard is that he's improved as a blocker since coming into the league (when he'd had 1 year as a TE @ Portland). Zach Miller going down showed how little a blocking TE is needed for this running game to be effective. Hell, they had Jermaine Kearse playing as a blocking TE a lot this season, so not concerned with whether Thomas can block or not.

Just how bad of a blocker is Julius Thomas? - It's All Over, Fat Man!

Late last year, when Denver truly began to commit to the run, Thomas came off the field a lot even though they were using multiple TE sets. This didn't sit well with him even though they were winning and he complained about it. Wilson improved as a blocker last year, and is about 15x cheaper.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, if our FO thinks JT is the way to go and signs him I'm all for it. Same with if they don't.