• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yzerman to be named GM of the Red Wings

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see what he does this offseason in free agency. He put priority on beefing up the D in Tampa... Might he go big splash and try to hook Karlsson? Might he try to import UFAs Stralman or Coburn from Tampa? Make a big trade for a guy under contract?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see what he does this offseason in free agency. He put priority on beefing up the D in Tampa... Might he go big splash and try to hook Karlsson? Might he try to import UFAs Stralman or Coburn from Tampa? Make a big trade for a guy under contract?

Jack Johnson is from Michigan

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I hope he does all of this because none of this is literally what they need to do.

My guess is he'll do like Shanny did here - take a year, evaluate, trade off whatever dead weight he can, get another good draft pick and then start enacting whatever plan he's come up with in the meantime.

Like with Toronto when Shanny got here there are some pretty good pieces in Detroit that are just surrounded by lots of junk. I'd say some of it is going to be really, really hard to dump (Dekeyser, Nielsen, Abdelkader and Helm have some truly horrifying contracts) but if the Leafs were able to dump Phaneuf and Clarkson anything is possible.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I hope he does all of this because none of this is literally what they need to do.

They need to upgrade the D. That's definitive. How Yzerman does it is the question. The samples I provided were just some random off-the-top-of-the-head options, not what I would like to see happen.