• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

yowza bradford

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahum, few if any have disputed Bradford's talent - seeing the biggest problem the mess in St. Louis. Hell, for a while is primary receiving targets were cast-offs from the Eagles, for crying out loud. The O-line was also a consistent mess, and so was the offense top to bottom including coaching, with the sole exception being Stephen Jackson.

The biggest risk as far as Bradford is concerned is injury. But the odds of a serious QB talent being within the Eagles' reach are - under normal circumstances - close to absolutely zero; unless they stumble into one in the draft. Not in Free Agency, and not in the Draft. Foles and Sanchez clearly were not it. Hell, Sanchez probably would be the best QB out there in Free Agency (IIRC he was two years ago) and probably the last two more talented QB's before that would be Palmer and Brees - and both became available because of injury.

What Kelly desired was an accurate quick decision maker. So far Bradford has proven to be both. And few if any questioned is accuracy and arm strength.

Are you saying you think Bradford is a top 10 QB in this league?

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because you don't care if an All Pro has an off night in preseason or a guy that will never make the team gets beat for a 80 yard TD pass. The score really doesn't matter. Honestly, do you even care if your team wins or loses a preseason game?

Depends. If the first team offense is going nowhere (collectively) and/or the first string defense is getting shredded (collectively) and fairly consistently then yes, I do care, and so probably will most, since odds are this does have bearing upon what the team will do in the season. With the back ups in it becomse a different matter.

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet the idiot that traded him for Foles wishes he could take that trade back....:L........lmfao...........

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying you think Bradford is a top 10 QB in this league?

Could well be. Much of Bradford's 'not being a top 10 QB' is the direct result of (a) his injury history, and (b) when he played being surrounded by probably the worst O-line, WR's and TE's group in the league, and consistently so. As said before, his top receivers were cast-offs from the Eagles (and Cowboys), at a time when the Eagles WR corps was not known as anything but average at best. If Manning or Brady had been playing in that offense, nobody would be considering them a top 10 talent.

Is he in the league of a Brady, Manning or Rodgers? No. But I think he could well be in tier just below that - and how you rank QB's there is as subjective as it gets, and much more a product of their fit within the system they play in (and to what extent the QB is supposed to carry the offense) as anything else. For what it is worth - so far in training camp as well as in games, the Bradford run offense has looked light years better than at any time with Vick, Foles or Sanchez.

Mind you - as an example what a difference an offense can make - when Brees went to NO few if any would be considering him a top 10 QB. Now he is being talked about as a future HOF and possibly the 4th best QB in the league.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet the idiot that traded him for Foles wishes he could take that trade back....:L........lmfao...........

Not too sure if that is so. He also got a 2nd round pick for him (for one). And basically, no matter how good or bad Bradford turns out to be or was in St.Louis, fact is his career there was over. It had no chance of working there under any circumstances (unless this season he would suddenly become the 2nd coming of a Brady, Rodgers and Manning all rolled into one) - it was the best for both the Rams and Bradford to part ways. And in many ways things were the same over here in Philadelphia.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will he remain healthy is the bigger question

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was the best for both the Rams and Bradford to part ways

Had Bradford somehow managed to stay healthy for the Rams, they would have been better off with him. ( I know, I know, I'm captain obvious. )
I just don't see how Foles is an upgrade.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny. Everyone says the same thing before the game. Just don't have injuries and hope the guys fighting for the team look good. Then after the game all of a sudden the score matters.

Its not that at all Jarntt. But the Eagles looked extremely good against GB's starters. 6 TD's in the 1st half all againt starters including Matthews, Raji etc was impressive. THe score doesnt matter at all. Its because of how flawless the offense looked. They scored at will. It wasnt like these 80 yard TD's you brought up were against 3rd stringers. In the big picture it means absolutely NOTHING but if you're being slightly objective you have to say the Eagles look like a possible playoff team so far. No one thinks this has anything to do with a deep playoff run.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the flaw in that is Bradford is not likely on anyone's top 10 list. Heck, he may not be on his Mom's top 10 list...

And, YES. No rational fan has Bradford on their top 10 list. Probably dont even have him on their top 18 list either. But he has the skills to be a 7-10 ranked QB. Unfortunately, he is ALWAYS hurt and cant show his potential.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Sam is getting a second chance on a good team after the Rams nearly ruined his career. Now the Rams can ruin Foles' career and blame it on Foles.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not that at all Jarntt. But the Eagles looked extremely good against GB's starters. 6 TD's in the 1st half all againt starters including Matthews, Raji etc was impressive. THe score doesnt matter at all. Its because of how flawless the offense looked. They scored at will. It wasnt like these 80 yard TD's you brought up were against 3rd stringers. In the big picture it means absolutely NOTHING but if you're being slightly objective you have to say the Eagles look like a possible playoff team so far. No one thinks this has anything to do with a deep playoff run.
My 80 yard example was just that and had nothing to do with the Eagles game and more to do with preseason games as a whole. I think they are a possible playoff team because I think they can be good. Yes, the Eagles have looked very good in the preseason, but that in no way means they look like a possible playoff team because of it. ITS PRESEASON For crying out loud. Who cares?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 80 yard example was just that and had nothing to do with the Eagles game and more to do with preseason games as a whole. I think they are a possible playoff team because I think they can be good. Yes, the Eagles have looked very good in the preseason, but that in no way means they look like a possible playoff team because of it. ITS PRESEASON For crying out loud. Who cares?

True, but also the Eagles might dominate.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but also the Eagles might dominate.
I don't disagree. I told the Skins fans two years ago and the Eagles fans last year that there was no way they could just assume their teams were going to win the division. Now Dallas is in that same spot. Clearly the best team the prior year and the preseason favorite, but no way do I assume Dallas is a lock to win the division. I don't give the Skins a chance this year, but I think Philly or even the Giants could win the division.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahum, few if any have disputed Bradford's talent - seeing the biggest problem the mess in St. Louis.
I would. Blame his surrounding talent but somehow every game you'd see Bradford make a play that made you wonder.

Driving down the field to win the game and does a shovel pass to the opposing team's safety. WTF Bradford

Throws a screen pass to a RB at the 5 yard line at 100 MPH and it flies right into a dlineman who returns it for a TD. WTF Bradford

Has a guy streaking down the middle and throws a bullet...that gets knocked down by a dlineman at the LOS. WTF Bradford

Has a WR streaking deep into the endzone and throws it 5 yards short. The WR slows up and falls down at the 3. Rams fail to punch it in and kick a FG. WTF Bradford.

Has Amendola double covered and forces it in there just to watch him get rocked by a LB and have the ball returned the other way for a TD. WTF Bradford.

Has a guy wide open in the endzone and instead of throwing a touch pass, he throws a bullet 5 yards over his head. WTF Bradford

You can blame the Rams surrounding talent all you want but Bradford sucked on the Rams even when he was healthy. If he is better on the Eagles, it might just be because he got the kinks worked out but Bradford had at least 10 facepalm moments a season and thats not good on a guy who only throws the ball 4-5 yards down the field.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford certainly didn't make anyone around him better in St. Louis.

Has Luck had a good Oline? Who was TY Hilton before he got to Indy?

As soon as Bradford starts to get pressured, you will see what we are talking about.

Now... If Chip takes a cue from the Super Bowl and watches how Brady got rid of the ball in under 3-5 seconds.. AND that is his plan for Bradford, you might have a little something. But he's still very injury prone and will get his famous deer-in-headlights look when that Defensive rush comes at him.

Do I think Bradford's heart was in it in STL? Not really.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is his amazing shovel pass. Most of the rest of his blunders probably aren't on youtube but you can just ask a Rams fan and they'll be able to come up with a bunch

As far as the Rams surrounding talent, Austin Davis had a QB rating of 85.1 last year and might not even make the team. Bradford only beat that QB rating once in his 5 years in STL

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the fans who have seen Bradford a lot (well, no one has seen him a lot) aren't so upset to see him go...that's gotta more than 10 series in the preseason Eagles fans, no?