• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

yowza bradford

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played against third stringers in a preseason game. Let's calm down a little.

Reactions: GNG

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, no he didn't.
It was your first string defense. Here is what your local paper had to say:

No doubt still burning inside from a 53-20 loss on the same field in early November, the Eagles got a 67-yard kickoff return by rookie Raheem Mostert to open the game and the rout was on.

They ran an astounding 44 plays in the first half against what for the most part was Green Bay's starting defense, gained 21 first downs and 325 yards and left leading, 39-14, before fans who seemed either disbelieving or horrified.

"It looks (expletive) unstoppable," one scout said in reference to Kelly's spread offense that routinely snapped the ball with 15 to 20 seconds remaining on the play clock.

A painful exhibition for Packers

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, no he didn't.
It was your first string defense. Here is what your local paper had to say:

No doubt still burning inside from a 53-20 loss on the same field in early November, the Eagles got a 67-yard kickoff return by rookie Raheem Mostert to open the game and the rout was on.

They ran an astounding 44 plays in the first half against what for the most part was Green Bay's starting defense, gained 21 first downs and 325 yards and left leading, 39-14, before fans who seemed either disbelieving or horrified.

"It looks (expletive) unstoppable," one scout said in reference to Kelly's spread offense that routinely snapped the ball with 15 to 20 seconds remaining on the play clock.

A painful exhibition for Packers
Yes it was against the Packers first string defense in a meaningless preseason game. The same defense that embarrassed the Eagles in a regular season game last year that had far more importance. Of course Eagles fans will take any kind of win no matter how insignificant it is.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Chip Kelly is insane!"

~ terrified Cowboys fans.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Interesting take from a Rams fan, since you have presumably seen Bradford play a lot. I only saw a few of his games in St. Louis, but my impression of him was very different. Looked to me like he was mobile, tough, and accurate, but he had little help from his o-line, receivers and RBs.

The guy is the king of dink and dunk, nobody respected him on his deep passes because he rarely hit them. Like Clayton said he took what the defense would give him. Mobile and tough are not his characteristics.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's wait and see how Bradford does in the regular season, when defenses are actually game planning to stop him. And let's see if he can actually make it through the season healthy for once in his career.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
told yah this dude could roll in this system 10/10 121 yards 3 td's

You do realize that Green Bay was playing NO starters right? Bradford always looked pretty good in a red jersey or against the 2nd/3rd team defense in preseason.

this is nothing new.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that Green Bay was playing NO starters right? Bradford always looked pretty good in a red jersey or against the 2nd/3rd team defense in preseason.

this is nothing new.

Ahum,

Green Bay played their first team defense. In fact, the announcers (Green Bay people) mentioned explicitly how the Eagles made one of their projected starting ILBs (or a much playing rotational LB) look rather incompetent in pass defense, and how that might pose a problem now that is on film.

Green Bay did miss a lot on offense, no doubt about that.

What I can give you is that the Packers did not game plan for playing against the Eagles. But neither did the Eagles for playing the Packers (on offense or defense).

Feeling sour about the potential highway robbery Chip commited by swapping Bradford for Foles?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahum,

Green Bay played their first team defense. In fact, the announcers (Green Bay people) mentioned explicitly how the Eagles made one of their projected starting ILBs (or a much playing rotational LB) look rather incompetent in pass defense, and how that might pose a problem now that is on film.

Green Bay did miss a lot on offense, no doubt about that.

What I can give you is that the Packers did not game plan for playing against the Eagles. But neither did the Eagles for playing the Packers (on offense or defense).

Feeling sour about the potential highway robbery Chip commited by swapping Bradford for Foles?

Sour of losing Bradford and his glass body and $16 million dollar contract? Yeah i'm devastated. The Packers are in "lets not get hurt mode" after Jordy went down.

And Sam always looked halfway decent with a red jersey on or in preseason my man.

When the real rush comes, then you will know what you have.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sour of losing Bradford and his glass body and $16 million dollar contract? Yeah i'm devastated. The Packers are in "lets not get hurt mode" after Jordy went down.

Which translated in Rodgers not playing.

And it is not as if the Eagles are not careful about not getting hurt. Hell, the way Chip Kelly has been keeping players out (or limiting them) has been all about preventing injury.

And Sam always looked halfway decent with a red jersey on or in preseason my man.

When the real rush comes, then you will know what you have.

Of course, the season is the season - and this is just preseason. But the thing is, apart from playing their regular up-tempo offense, the Eagles have been just as vanilla as anyone else this offseason.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dhd:

SJ liked Bradford less than NinerSickness likes Kaepernick

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to the Eagles for winning the August Super Bowl

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its definitely a huge risk but I see what Chip was thinking. At first I hated the trade but when I read Chips comments it makes more sense. Its VERY VERY hard to land good QB's. There are only about 10 in the world and quality QBs almost never hit FA. He had to roll the dice on an often injured QB because good QBs are very hard to find. Chip has always said his system doesnt need a running QB, its needs an accurate QB and that was always Bradfords strength. He is a monumental risk but damn he looked great tonight. 10 for 10 and 3 TDs in 3 drives. If he fails and gets injured again he is at the end of his contract. Bradfords just one a one year 13 million deal which is reasonable.

But the flaw in that is Bradford is not likely on anyone's top 10 list. Heck, he may not be on his Mom's top 10 list...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to the Eagles for winning the August Super Bowl
It's funny. Everyone says the same thing before the game. Just don't have injuries and hope the guys fighting for the team look good. Then after the game all of a sudden the score matters.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny. Everyone says the same thing before the game. Just don't have injuries and hope the guys fighting for the team look good.Then after the game all of a sudden the score matters.

A basic constituent of 'looking good' is the score, as scoring is often a result of 'looking good' (or converseley, preventing the opponent from scoring). So in that respect the score does matter.

And yes, so far, the Philly offense and ST (defense a little less) as run by the first and mostly second string has looked very good (though especially Sanchez still left quite a bit on the field). Even with both sides keeping things extremely vanilla. Things have looked far better than everyone suspected, and in many ways the team has not looked that good in a long while - not in preseason at least. O yeah, and that looking good was against three universally recognized play-off teams and Super Bowl candidates.

But yeah, it is all wait and see what happens during the season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A basic constituent of 'looking good' is the score, as scoring is often a result of 'looking good' (or converseley, preventing the opponent from scoring). So in that respect the score does matter.

And yes, so far, the Philly offense and ST (defense a little less) as run by the first and mostly second string has looked very good (though especially Sanchez still left quite a bit on the field). Even with both sides keeping things extremely vanilla. Things have looked far better than everyone suspected, and in many ways the team has not looked that good in a long while - not in preseason at least. O yeah, and that looking good was against three universally recognized play-off teams and Super Bowl candidates.

But yeah, it is all wait and see what happens during the season.

No, because you don't care if an All Pro has an off night in preseason or a guy that will never make the team gets beat for a 80 yard TD pass. The score really doesn't matter. Honestly, do you even care if your team wins or loses a preseason game?

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the flaw in that is Bradford is not likely on anyone's top 10 list. Heck, he may not be on his Mom's top 10 list...

Ahum, few if any have disputed Bradford's talent - seeing the biggest problem the mess in St. Louis. Hell, for a while is primary receiving targets were cast-offs from the Eagles, for crying out loud. The O-line was also a consistent mess, and so was the offense top to bottom including coaching, with the sole exception being Stephen Jackson.

The biggest risk as far as Bradford is concerned is injury. But the odds of a serious QB talent being within the Eagles' reach are - under normal circumstances - close to absolutely zero; unless they stumble into one in the draft. Not in Free Agency, and not in the Draft. Foles and Sanchez clearly were not it. Hell, Sanchez probably would be the best QB out there in Free Agency (IIRC he was two years ago) and probably the last two more talented QB's before that would be Palmer and Brees - and both became available because of injury.

What Kelly desired was an accurate quick decision maker. So far Bradford has proven to be both. And few if any questioned is accuracy and arm strength.