• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your personal White Sox Mount Rushmore

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never saw the guys prior to the late 50s so they are not represented.

Frank Thomas
Mark Buehrle
Louis Aparicio
Ozzie Guillen

I wanted to put Carlton Fisk in there, but he screwed up and played for the Red Sox too long. Joe Crede and Robin Ventura were also on the short list.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During my lifetime:

Big Hurt
Buehrle
Baines
Guillen

Probably Appling/Minoso/Aparicio could be argued in any of the slots outside of Hurt for all-time.

By the end of this season, Grandal will probably be on there though.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never saw the guys prior to the late 50s so they are not represented.

Frank Thomas
Mark Buehrle
Louis Aparicio
Ozzie Guillen

I wanted to put Carlton Fisk in there, but he screwed up and played for the Red Sox too long. Joe Crede and Robin Ventura were also on the short list.

I loved Fisk as a kid. Only Baines would I get more excited for. BUT...He's tied too strongly to the Red Sox for me to add him to mine...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my lifetime Mt. Rushmore:

Fox
Aparicio
Thomas
Konerko

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Paulie make a Rushmore.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Dunn would insist his son go up there with him. Good think his name comes up only when guys get drunk and start cranking out White Sox player acquisition disappointments - to see who gets the top laugh.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Dunn would insist his son go up there with him. Good think his name comes up only when guys get drunk and start cranking out White Sox player acquisition disappointments - to see who gets the top laugh.

Jaime Navarro and Adam Dunn were so bad that I would put each of their faces up twice on an White Sox Anti-Mount Rushmore.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anti-mount rushmore?

dunn, shields, beckham, pierzynski

reasons? dunn ... obvious; shields ... because of what we gave up for him AND he sucked!; beckham ... major disappointment! pierzynski ... i never could stand the asshole!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anti-mount rushmore?

dunn, shields, beckham, pierzynski

reasons? dunn ... obvious; shields ... because of what we gave up for him AND he sucked!; beckham ... major disappointment! pierzynski ... i never could stand the asshole!

This is so disappointing - AJ was one of my favorite Sox players - he would make a great manager. '

Dunn - Dave Nicholson - Claudel Washington (Washington Slept here) - Steve Sax (Sux Syndrome).

Oh and the big bonus baby Borchard.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so disappointing - AJ was one of my favorite Sox players - he would make a great manager. '

Dunn - Dave Nicholson - Claudel Washington (Washington Slept here) - Steve Sax (Sux Syndrome).

Oh and the big bonus baby Borchard.
sorry you're disappointed. fact is guillen summed up (aj) as, "if you play against him, you hate him. if you play with him, you hate him a little less" he's been voted the most hated player by his peers. there's been incident after incident like kneeing a trainer in the groin. nobody in the game liked him. my dislike kinda grew outta all that before he became a member of the sox. not that he wasn't a good player. sox have had players i just never liked ... like albert bell.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry you're disappointed. fact is guillen summed up (aj) as, "if you play against him, you hate him. if you play with him, you hate him a little less" he's been voted the most hated player by his peers. there's been incident after incident like kneeing a trainer in the groin. nobody in the game liked him. my dislike kinda grew outta all that before he became a member of the sox. not that he wasn't a good player. sox have had players i just never liked ... like albert bell.

I think he's like best friends with Mark Buehrle to this day. Buehrle is renowned for being a "good guy". AJ also says he still communicates with Ozzie. AJ seems extremely likable in interviews and I've never heard a White Sox player speak ill of him. I feel as though a lot of that is tongue-in-cheek. Once legends build - people like to build on it.

Especially the remark by Guillen. Ozzie joked non-stop with the media. I think that's a pretty clear example of it.

He sort of expounds further on that remark here:

I simply don't believe the Giants trainer incident. Nothing about it makes sense. The story also isn't even that AJ did it in some sort of fighting manner. It's that he was hit hard in the groin that day and that he jokingly made a knee to the groin maneuver when he was asked "how are you feeling?". As if to say "This is how I'm feeling! How do ya think?".

This is from an article on it:

There is a story floating around baseball that Pierzynski kneed Giants trainer Stan Conte in the groin during a 2004 Spring Training game. It’s hard to say what happened as the story didn’t even come out until a year after it happened. Conte and the team never made an issue of it. A.J. denies it ever occurred stating:

“Don’t you think if something like that happened, in spring training, you would have heard about it? I would have gotten in some sort of trouble?”

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's like best friends with Mark Buehrle to this day. Buehrle is renowned for being a "good guy". AJ also says he still communicates with Ozzie. AJ seems extremely likable in interviews and I've never heard a White Sox player speak ill of him. I feel as though a lot of that is tongue-in-cheek. Once legends build - people like to build on it.

Especially the remark by Guillen. Ozzie joked non-stop with the media. I think that's a pretty clear example of it.

He sort of expounds further on that remark here:

I simply don't believe the Giants trainer incident. Nothing about it makes sense. The story also isn't even that AJ did it in some sort of fighting manner. It's that he was hit hard in the groin that day and that he jokingly made a knee to the groin maneuver when he was asked "how are you feeling?". As if to say "This is how I'm feeling! How do ya think?".

This is from an article on it:

There is a story floating around baseball that Pierzynski kneed Giants trainer Stan Conte in the groin during a 2004 Spring Training game. It’s hard to say what happened as the story didn’t even come out until a year after it happened. Conte and the team never made an issue of it. A.J. denies it ever occurred stating:

“Don’t you think if something like that happened, in spring training, you would have heard about it? I would have gotten in some sort of trouble?”

believe what you like. everyone else in baseball hated him for a reason (or many).

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, I have little doubt that AJ was probably a douche...Where there's smoke there's usually fire...but did I hate him as a White Sox player? Nah...He was good for us. Top 5 catcher in franchise history for sure somewhere after Grandal at 1.