• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your most embarrassing golf shot

NUance

my lysdexia is actign up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I’m off the green, on the wrong side of the cart path, about 120 yards from the hole. The beverage girl pulls up and stops about 30 yards ahead, clearly off to the side of my line, as I’m about to punch it back on the fairway and up towards the hole. I shank it (of course) and my shot heads directly for the beverage girl. Fortunately, her cart has a windshield on it. The ball smacks right in front of her. Puts a golf-ball-sized crack in the plexiglass windshield straight in front of her face.

She’s mildly freaked out. I am mildly embarrassed. So I buy a round of brews for my buddies, who are dying laughing. I give the beverage girl a $10 tip and get the hell out of there, dropping my ball safely in the middle of the fairway about 80 yds from the hole.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm... This is a tough one. I guess the most embarrassing series of shots was 3 jacking the 18th hole of the FL Open qualifier in front of about 100 people to end up in a playoff, but I wound up qualifying anyway.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 12 and it was rainy that day, I threw my driver on the 10th tee and hit a woman driving her golf cart after swinging. She threatened to sue me :L

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My most embarrassing shot ever was shanking at the Nebraska Amateur......fucking unbelivable :L

The most embarrassing shot I've ever seen was my friend who managed to push his driver straight into the metal sign by the tee box.......it literally looked like a shanked drive........but he got all of this ball and it was traveling at high speed. The ball went off the sign and straight over to the club house. It hit the siding on the club house and stuck right into the siding. I swear it took less than 1 second for it to go from the sign to the clubhouse, it was moving that fast. We're lucky nobody died.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! I've almost forgotten about all the times that I've sent tee shots into people's pools while they were in there in Florida.. LOL @ Multi Millionaires buying and building houses that are just on the other side of OB steaks.. I guess they probably don't see many tee balls where I was hitting it though.

Key word is WAS

NUance

my lysdexia is actign up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another time I was playing Whiskey Creek, a real nice course just north of Washington D.C. A bunch of Canadian geese were sitting right in the fairway. (You can see where this is going, right?) So I skulled my approach shot, hit a worm burner, and nailed a goose. I don't think it hurt him though. He flew off with the rest of his geese buddies.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just remembered a good one.......wasn't really embarrassing but more just pissed me off. I was down in Georgia and I met up with a friend who was stationed in South Carolina. We went golfing at some random course near Augusta..........turns out this course was under construction, but still operating.

Anyways, I'm having a shitty round the way it is, and my friend is playing the round of his life...........we come up to this par 5 and I can see the green about 200 yards away over a hill. I smoke my 2nd shot and I see it land next to the flag and bounce a couple times and go in the hole. I thought "holy fuck!!!! my first double eagle ever!!!! that just made my shitty day great!!!!"

We drive over the hill and guess what......... that fucking green is under construction. They left the fucking flag on it though...........and they set up a temporary green just over the hill which I couldn't see from where I was hitting. So here I am sitting 100 yards past the fucking hole, and I have to drop the ball on the fringe and shoot BACKWARDS at the hole. Fucking horrible day...........and it was 110 degrees out and I got suburned to hell.