• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your MLB HOF Class of 2013

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
empty-classroom.jpg

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dhd:

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Biggio would probably have gotten the votes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was hopping for Morris too. I think next year is his last chance.

It is.

I expected Biggio and Piazza, and was hoping for Raines. I had a few other votes on my card, but those were the guys I thought would/should REALLY make it.

I never put Murphy on my ballot, but I am beginning to rethink that stance. He truly was a beast in the 80's.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see the reaction to this unfold. This has all been boiling up for some time.

I can't wait to see what happens between now and next year and how it affects the 2014 class.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think that McGriff needs to be looked at more closely. He's only 7 HR's shy of 500, has never (to my knowledge) been linked to PED's and had 8 years in a row of 30+ HR's. The 9th season he had 27 followed by 2 more seasons in the 30's. He's 42nd all time in RBI's. Endorsed Tom Emansky.
He also had more H, 2B, HR, BB, and a better BA, and OBP than Willie Stargell.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Absolute stupidity on the voters part. I guess they made their point. Punish everybody for what they themselves had a major part in. This serves no greater good for the HOF, the sport and especially the fans, imo.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's hard to get in when some voters are turning in blank ballots. Eff that noise.

Generally I agree, but specifically I disagree. There were only 5 blank ballots submitted. Biggio missed by 39 votes.

The blank ballots had no effect.

What I do not understand...

1) How Bonds and Clemens could have a different number of votes. Take out the roid issue, and both of these guys are in the top 10 players to EVER play the game. They should both be in. Add the roid issue, and it becomes debatable, but they should both be held to the same standard. For 8 voters to see Clemens as fit for the Hall, but Bonds lacking Is absolute idiocy.

2) How did Aaron Sele get a vote? In what world is Sele a hall of famer?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Kenny Lofton not getting 5% is a shame. He did not get a vote from me, but he was on the short list of players I was still open to voting for in the future due to arguments and further study. Sad that his quest for the hall is over.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally I agree, but specifically I disagree. There were only 5 blank ballots submitted. Biggio missed by 39 votes.

The blank ballots had no effect.

What I do not understand...

1) How Bonds and Clemens could have a different number of votes. Take out the roid issue, and both of these guys are in the top 10 players to EVER play the game. They should both be in. Add the roid issue, and it becomes debatable, but they should both be held to the same standard. For 8 voters to see Clemens as fit for the Hall, but Bonds lacking Is absolute idiocy.

2) How did Aaron Sele get a vote? In what world is Sele a hall of famer?

I don't care of the effect. imo if someone turns in a blank ballot just to try to prove a point they should loose their privilege to vote. Period.

And roids or no roids everyone has their own opinions about players. Voters favoring Clemens over Bonds just reflects the opinions that were submitted.

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the coverage on MLB Network. They raised some very good points.

They listed some of the other second basemen that are in the Hall of Fame that didn't get in on the first ballot and Biggio really isn't well above them.

As far as the steroid people are concerned I think that they don't deserve to be in on the first try but do deserve to be in because unfortunately that is our era.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They listed some of the other second basemen that are in the Hall of Fame that didn't get in on the first ballot and Biggio really isn't well above them.

As far as the steroid people are concerned I think that they don't deserve to be in on the first try but do deserve to be in because unfortunately that is our era.

I heard Costas make that same point the other day and that is the only thing that has made me kind of see the other side of it a bit. Sad yes, but true. It is what it is.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I put my ballot together each year (for it is worth, I know, but it is a fun exercise) I take this into account. I view HOFers going in on their first try as a kind of "Elite of the Elite". It is empty, I acknowledge, but it is a small protest, none the less.

This year, I kept both Bonds and Clemens off my ballot, but I can guarentee you that they will both be on my ballot next year.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? They've made the baseball HOF a joke anyway. Whether its letting in anyone with a certain stat line even though you barely remember them nor would you have paid to see them or if its setting up some arbitrary justice system for the "steroid era", the hall is basically a joke.