• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your HONEST opinions on Janikowski!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is 25th in FG%, i guess some of you are fine with below average. 93% on XP is also lower than what Walsh was in 2017 ( 97% )oof.

Seabass hurt his back not his leg fyi. He landed on the guys cleat and instantly grabbed for his back. Watch the play again. We all know a bad back in many ways is worse than a bad peg.

So I take it you are going to stay in the "Seabass sucks" threads these days?

No one expected him to be great. But he's done about as well as expected. Unless you expected Justin Tucker.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i expected them to go out and get a kicker not a 40 year old out of shape boozer. You do know this team could easily be 11-4 with just 2 more made kicks right? whats that mean? Well the Rams are 12-3, the Hawks could have been right there for the #2-3 Seed. Jon Brown is STILL a FA and was electric in the preseason, With Seabass nursing a bad back ( Again ) maybe it's time to give the Young Soccer player with a monster leg a shot?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i expected them to go out and get a kicker not a 40 year old out of shape boozer. You do know this team could easily be 11-4 with just 2 more made kicks right? whats that mean? Well the Rams are 12-3, the Hawks could have been right there for the #2-3 Seed. Jon Brown is STILL a FA and was electric in the preseason, With Seabass nursing a bad back ( Again ) maybe it's time to give the Young Soccer player with a monster leg a shot?

1) Even if you put the loss to SF on Seabass for missing the PAT in the first quarter - the Hawks had plenty of time to overcome that mistake. Making that PAT changes so many things in the course of the game that there's no telling what the outcome would've been had the teams changed their approaches due to that missed PAT. Seahawks really shouldn't have lost that game - missed PAT or no.

2) The only other game that could even be looked at is the Denver game week 1, and even then the make only creates overtime if all else stays the same. No way of knowing if Seattle comes through in the extra time, but it wasn't like our offense was playing all that well that game anyway - so even if he makes the 46 yard field goal - it can't just be assumed that Seattle wins in Denver.

3) It's nice to think that the Hawks could be 11-4 if Janikowski was perfect at kicking field goals. With that in mind - then the Seahawks could be 12-3 and vying for home field if Wilson doesn't have 3 late game brain farts leading to touchdowns for the opponents that ended up being the difference in the games. Hell, the Hawks would be 14-1 if they would've just avoided mistakes on offense and special teams that gave points to the other team and didn't leave points off the board for themselves.

Overall, I hope Janikowski is a one year rental for us. I had hoped Myers would've been our kicker - even before he kicked as well as he has this season (mostly because I wanted to go young at kicker and keep him for cheap for a few years). Honestly, I had higher hopes for Walsh going into last season than I did for Janikowski coming into this season. We'll see what happens on the personnel front when the time comes - but as for this season, our kicker hasn't cost us any games this year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't have to be perfect, making those kicks still leaves him in the sub 85%. You all act like those are his only misses. wtf LMAO! He is like i said MANY times before a career 80% FG not a HoF kicker many of you claimed at the start of the season. He is a below average kicker with above average leg strength ( or use to have above average strength ) I said they could easily be 11-4 i did not say they WOULD be.

His XP miss in San Fran DID come back and haunt them or did you forget the OVER TIME LOSS? Also had he made or even attempted to make a tackle on the kickoff that might have changed the game also, oh yeah you totally forgot about that very un-athletic play. There were Hawks behind the returner and would have caught him had he just made a fucking effort.

Lets think of a few thing's here also. Imagine driving down for a game winning FG, instead of trying to get the game winning TD? Different mindset and i doubt they take to many chances when all ready in FG range right? oof you mean less brain farts? yes i do. I do not understand the total blind protection of one of the worst kickers in the NFL.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not understand the total blind protection of one of the worst kickers in the NFL.

I do not understand how you are seeing total blind protection of Seabass. I haven't seen anyone sing his praises.

What I have seen is most people accept that he is a league average kicker that will likely be a one year rental. We would all love if the Seahawks could find a Justin Tucker but that isn't easy to do.

What I can't understand is why you are so obsessed with him.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets think of a few thing's here also. Imagine driving down for a game winning FG, instead of trying to get the game winning TD? Different mindset and i doubt they take to many chances when all ready in FG range right? oof you mean less brain farts? yes i do. I do not understand the total blind protection of one of the worst kickers in the NFL.

At this point I don't even know what you're talking about. Of the "barn fart games" - Janikowski was perfect in 2 games and in the 3rd, his missed field goal would have only put us behind by 6 and would've still required the TD to win before the pick 6 (and that's only because Sturgis left 4 points off the board at that point himself). At no point in those games did Janikowski's performance increase or decrease the likelihood of forced mistakes by Wilson.

The main point is - just because Janikowski made a mistake and missed a kick during a game doesn't mean he's the reason the team lost. If the Hawks can't overcome a missed PAT with over 45 minutes left in the game against a team that had lost more than twice as many games as they had won, then they really didn't deserve to win the game anyway. 14 penalties had much more to do with that loss than 1 missed point.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't have to be perfect, making those kicks still leaves him in the sub 85%. You all act like those are his only misses. wtf LMAO! He is like i said MANY times before a career 80% FG not a HoF kicker many of you claimed at the start of the season. He is a below average kicker with above average leg strength ( or use to have above average strength ) I said they could easily be 11-4 i did not say they WOULD be.

His XP miss in San Fran DID come back and haunt them or did you forget the OVER TIME LOSS? Also had he made or even attempted to make a tackle on the kickoff that might have changed the game also, oh yeah you totally forgot about that very un-athletic play. There were Hawks behind the returner and would have caught him had he just made a fucking effort.

I will give you your kudos though - Janikowski has been a below average kicker this season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you your kudos though - Janikowski has been a below average kicker this season.
But is that really what his prediction was? Going back to the OP, he said Seabass was going to lose us 2 games with missed kicks. And as you've deftly illustrated, he hasn't.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But is that really what his prediction was? Going back to the OP, he said Seabass was going to lose us 2 games with missed kicks. And as you've deftly illustrated, he hasn't.

I agree. I'm just saying, that he's right that it hasn't all been sunshine and rainbows. Just pointing out it's possible for Seabass to be below average and not cost us games. :2cents:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I'm just saying, that he's right that it hasn't all been sunshine and rainbows. Just pointing out it's possible for Seabass to be below average and not cost us games. :2cents:
Correct, and I don't think anyone here thought it would be sunshine and rainbows.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, and I don't think anyone here thought it would be sunshine and rainbows.

Well, maybe this guy :dhd:

1.jpg

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I find interesting about our kicking game this year is that we have attempted 5 of 50+ yards. In all of 2016 and 2017 combined, we attempted only 2.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes you feel any better Jason Myers missed three kicks this year.....also had a game he went 7-7.........whoops!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes you feel any better Jason Myers missed three kicks this year.....also had a game he went 7-7.........whoops!
The advantage of hindsight. I think we can go back to when he was signed in Jan and not find many in here who were big fans of the move.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The advantage of hindsight. I think we can go back to when he was signed in Jan and not find many in here who were big fans of the move.

I was just poking the conversation.

I don’t think Seabass is our future, but still have more faith in him than what we had last year so it’s been an upgrade IMO. The difference in Seabass that I think benefits him is he doesn’t seem to get in his head like most kickers can or do. He is what he is, the Hawks will be ok.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, I was kinda hoping Seabass was a bit more injured so we could try to find someone a bit more consistent on the scrap heap. But I don't know if that exists out there. Plus apparently P.C.'s back up plan appears to be Aussie drop kicking if The Partying Pol can't go.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just poking the conversation.

Oh I know. I was adding onto more than providing a counter point. Sloppy on my part.

I don’t think Seabass is our future, but still have more faith in him than what we had last year so it’s been an upgrade IMO. The difference in Seabass that I think benefits him is he doesn’t seem to get in his head like most kickers can or do. He is what he is, the Hawks will be ok.
Totally agree. He hasn't been great but also not horrible. Good enough. Hasn't cost us games but has missed some kicks (like the vast majority of them out there). Asked to hit 1 game winner and did. The signing hasn't been a failure.

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now... We are all Hawk fans lets just take a moment to be friends...

KgJeIOK.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting Hauschka walk was probably the stupidest thing this franchise has ever done. It cost them playoffs last year, and nearly cost it this year.