• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your HONEST opinions on Janikowski!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are showing your true colors. I am not the type to root against a seahawk. I just also am not the type to BS and say oh he is some Future hall of famer or Oh he is AWESOME when someone is not. I was Nervous as all get out when he went out there to kick that 55 yarder that barely made it. The ball boy caught it 1 yard off the white boundry line of the endzone. That means it made it by 1 to 2 yards and lets not forget it damn near hit the upright and started so far left that it had to hook in.

I was Happy when he made it, not wishing he would miss only a non-fan would wish for that or even THINK it. That was a very unseahawk style of thinking that a fan would feel like that. minus two Fan points from you guys ...BOOOO! lol

Sebastian Janikowski Kicks 55-Yard Field Goal

This is a solid 55 yarder that actually hits the net

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A make, is a make, is a make. There is no "almost made it" points in fg kicking, just like there is no deduction for barely making it.

Seabass hit the 55 yarder. Remember the 48 yard miss against the Cards, or the 52 yard miss against the Falcons by Walsh last year? I do, and I think the Polish Cannon will be an upgrade.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A make, is a make, is a make. There is no "almost made it" points in fg kicking, just like there is no deduction for barely making it.

Seabass hit the 55 yarder. Remember the 48 yard miss against the Cards, or the 52 yard miss against the Falcons by Walsh last year? I do, and I think the Polish Cannon will be an upgrade.

oh yeah i remember the Walsh misses, almost every single one. I don't want to see another season like that from our kicker EVER again. lol he pretty much single-handedly ended our season.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yeah i remember the Walsh misses, almost every single one. I don't want to see another season like that from our kicker EVER again. lol he pretty much single-handedly ended our season.

Everyone talks about the Seahawks regression last year but a good kicker instead of the crap we got from Walsh and we were a 10 to potentially 12 win team. That is why I think we should be better than the prognosticators are calling for and Janakowski is an important part of that equation.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitting a 55 yard is no easy feat. I find it encouraging that we got a kicker that can nail those, not ever team has a kicker they want to trot out at that distance. Color me surprised that your viewing it in a negative light in any way.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i expect a kicker in todays game to hit those. When everyone else is getting bigger stronger faster why wouldn't the Kickers/punters also? Housch kicked a 60 yarder for us and he is not some massive man. Boy was a stick lol but a great kicker. They over reacted on Housch they really did. This Kick makes it over the crossbar with about the same distance as Seabass's 55 yarder.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i expect a kicker in todays game to hit those. When everyone else is getting bigger stronger faster why wouldn't the Kickers/punters also? Housch kicked a 60 yarder for us and he is not some massive man. Boy was a stick lol but a great kicker. They over reacted on Housch they really did. This Kick makes it over the crossbar with about the same distance as Seabass's 55 yarder.

In 2015 only 67% of kicks over 50 yards were made, wasn’t able to find the percentage from last year, should be similar.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because if strength was the only factor, you'd see 300 lb widebodies out there kicking FG's. Except it's NOT just about strength. It's about a whole raft of other factors. FG kickers are analogous to hockey goalies IMO, if one is struggling you're fucked. If one is okay, you don't know they're there. If they're really good, they are an asset to the team and good for a couple of wins (minimum) a season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if strength was the only factor, you'd see 300 lb widebodies out there kicking FG's. Except it's NOT just about strength. It's about a whole raft of other factors. FG kickers are analogous to hockey goalies IMO, if one is struggling you're fucked. If one is okay, you don't know they're there. If they're really good, they are an asset to the team and good for a couple of wins (minimum) a season.

Didn't say it was all about strength thats why i wanted to bring up Housch. Speed and quickness in a leg swing can mean as much and more times than not more than pure power. Like i said players are getting Bigger, Stronger FASTER ( speed and QUICKNESS ) every year so i expect the same from Kickers and punters.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Save us the patronization, Screamin. We all know had Jano missed, you would have been in here stomping all over the place with your chest puffed out talking about how right you are....on a missed 55 yarder in pre-season. It's what you do.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say it was all about strength thats why i wanted to bring up Housch. Speed and quickness in a leg swing can mean as much and more times than not more than pure power. Like i said players are getting Bigger, Stronger FASTER ( speed and QUICKNESS ) every year so i expect the same from Kickers and punters.

Housh looked a lot smaller than he really is. I was initially surprised to read that he's 6'4". At any rate, FG kickers HAVE gotten better, I just don't think it's realistic to figure guys are going to hit 50+ routinely.

Anything with a SWING, involves the speed of the (bat head, golf club, leg in kickers), and that's not necessarily got anything to do with size or overall strength. In theory a larger more powerful guy COULD kick farther, but a smaller guy who can get speed and extension in the leg could kick just as far if not farther.

Seabass was definitely an outlier in his day. Still is for a guy of his weight.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else thinks Screamer was rooting hard for Seabass to shank that 55 yarder last night?

I was out so I didn't get a chance to watch the game but very nice to hear Seabass still has the leg to boom these kicks. This will help take some pressure off our O.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Housh looked a lot smaller than he really is. I was initially surprised to read that he's 6'4". At any rate, FG kickers HAVE gotten better, I just don't think it's realistic to figure guys are going to hit 50+ routinely.

Anything with a SWING, involves the speed of the (bat head, golf club, leg in kickers), and that's not necessarily got anything to do with size or overall strength. In theory a larger more powerful guy COULD kick farther, but a smaller guy who can get speed and extension in the leg could kick just as far if not farther.

Seabass was definitely an outlier in his day. Still is for a guy of his weight.

True, and a lot of what makes a good kicker great is between the ears. I think Walsh has all the tools and the leg strength but his problem became the mental aspect of the game. Just like when a golfer gets the shanks. They start over thinking each movement and become anxious about something that has been routine for them. That's why kickers and golfers miss. It's not the strength as much as the focus and confidence that matters.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitting a 55 yard is no easy feat. I find it encouraging that we got a kicker that can nail those, not ever team has a kicker they want to trot out at that distance. Color me surprised that your viewing it in a negative light in any way.

No kidding. 50 yards are even tough. So hitting a 55 yarder anytime is great. I'll take a "barely made" 55 yarder anytime over a missed 42 yarder. Sebass doesn't give me anxiety the way Walsh did.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding. 50 yards are even tough. So hitting a 55 yarder anytime is great. I'll take a "barely made" 55 yarder anytime over a missed 42 yarder. Sebass doesn't give me anxiety the way Walsh did.
This is pretty much where I am. If he finishes the season 1/2 on 50+ (which is right around his career avg) but hits 85%+ on everything else, including no game-losing misses, then I think that's clear success.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, and a lot of what makes a good kicker great is between the ears. I think Walsh has all the tools and the leg strength but his problem became the mental aspect of the game. Just like when a golfer gets the shanks. They start over thinking each movement and become anxious about something that has been routine for them. That's why kickers and golfers miss. It's not the strength as much as the focus and confidence that matters.

Well the mechanics is SO precise, that it's hard for them to not over-think it. We cut some segments for our old CFL show on the special teams (FG/holder/punter) and the longsnapper even knows how many times the ball will SPIN as it goes from snap to hold. That's how precise the whole thing is. If they're in the zone, they don't think at all, if they're struggling they CAN overthink everything.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Brown was cut by the Bangels ...go Hawks GO!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2015 only 67% of kicks over 50 yards were made, wasn’t able to find the percentage from last year, should be similar.

sorry i missed this post, 67% was the average. I want average, i'll take average thats why i said 65% or better.

Really do want them to bring in Jon Brown.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta get Bailey...