• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your 2020 "NFL's most improved teams"

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking most, least improved NFL teams: Dolphins, Bengals top the list?

top 4

i dont have access

1. Miami Dolphins
Big additions: CB Byron Jones, QB Tua Tagovailoa, OT Austin Jackson, DE Kyle Van Noy, DE Shaq Lawson, RB Jordan Howard, RB Matt Breida, DE Emmanuel Ogbah
Key losses: S Reshad Jones

When you have three first-round draft picks and spend close to $200 million in free agency, you'd better be at or near the top of this list. There were some big spends on defense, including the top prize on the cornerback market in Byron Jones and a former Patriot in Van Noy to help lead former Patriots defensive coordinator Brian Flores' defense. But all of that pales in comparison to Tua mania, which gives Dolphins fans hope for the future as the team builds a roster around the former Alabama superstar QB. -- Graziano

i

2. Cincinnati Bengals
Big additions: QB Joe Burrow, WR Tee Higgins, DT D.J. Reader, CB Mackensie Alexander, CB Trae Waynes, S Vonn Bell
Key losses: QB Andy Dalton, CB Darqueze Dennard, CB Dre Kirkpatrick, G John Miller

Dalton took the Bengals to the playoffs in four consecutive seasons, more than anyone in the previous four decades of team history. But he slipped enough in the last four seasons that Burrow -- and his higher ceiling -- is an upgrade at the most important position on the field. The Bengals also revamped their secondary in a much more ambitious manner than most observers expected. -- Seifert

i

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Big additions: QB Tom Brady, TE Rob Gronkowski, OT Tristan Wirfs
Key losses: DE Carl Nassib, DT Beau Allen, WR Breshad Perriman

The Bucs added top-shelf talent at quarterback and tight end, but this roster didn't need a savior. Tampa Bay is well-stocked at nearly every position, and the franchise worked overtime to retain key defensive free agents Shaquil Barrett, Jason Pierre-Paul and Ndamukong Suh. Chris Godwin, Vita Vea and Sean Murphy-Bunting are young draft picks the Bucs really like. Running back and secondary might be slight weaknesses, but there's enough strength elsewhere to offset any issues. And as one exec told me, watch out for relative unknown Jaydon Mickens to be the next slot receiver Brady makes famous. -- Fowler

i

4. Indianapolis Colts
Big additions: DT DeForest Buckner, QB Philip Rivers, RB Jonathan Taylor, CB Xavier Rhodes, WR Michael Pittman Jr.
Key losses: CB Pierre Desir, TE Eric Ebron, DE Jabaal Sheard, S Clayton Geathers

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami
Arizona
Denver

Would've maybe said Cincy but Burrow getting basically no time to get ready hurts for 2020.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bungles have the same problem the Browns have. And it's not because they're in Ohio. It's the idiot owners.

G0UDQLP.gif

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so teams that sucked will improve shocking:suds:

wheres zona and the lions?

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa added two guys way past their prime - pulling one of them out of retirement... (meaning he didn't really want to play anymore)

Sorry, I'm not on the Tampa bandwagon. They went 7-9 last year and that's around where I see them ending up this year.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking most, least improved NFL teams: Dolphins, Bengals top the list?

top 4

i dont have access

1. Miami Dolphins
Big additions: CB Byron Jones, QB Tua Tagovailoa, OT Austin Jackson, DE Kyle Van Noy, DE Shaq Lawson, RB Jordan Howard, RB Matt Breida, DE Emmanuel Ogbah
Key losses: S Reshad Jones

When you have three first-round draft picks and spend close to $200 million in free agency, you'd better be at or near the top of this list. There were some big spends on defense, including the top prize on the cornerback market in Byron Jones and a former Patriot in Van Noy to help lead former Patriots defensive coordinator Brian Flores' defense. But all of that pales in comparison to Tua mania, which gives Dolphins fans hope for the future as the team builds a roster around the former Alabama superstar QB. -- Graziano

i

2. Cincinnati Bengals
Big additions: QB Joe Burrow, WR Tee Higgins, DT D.J. Reader, CB Mackensie Alexander, CB Trae Waynes, S Vonn Bell
Key losses: QB Andy Dalton, CB Darqueze Dennard, CB Dre Kirkpatrick, G John Miller

Dalton took the Bengals to the playoffs in four consecutive seasons, more than anyone in the previous four decades of team history. But he slipped enough in the last four seasons that Burrow -- and his higher ceiling -- is an upgrade at the most important position on the field. The Bengals also revamped their secondary in a much more ambitious manner than most observers expected. -- Seifert

i

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Big additions: QB Tom Brady, TE Rob Gronkowski, OT Tristan Wirfs
Key losses: DE Carl Nassib, DT Beau Allen, WR Breshad Perriman

The Bucs added top-shelf talent at quarterback and tight end, but this roster didn't need a savior. Tampa Bay is well-stocked at nearly every position, and the franchise worked overtime to retain key defensive free agents Shaquil Barrett, Jason Pierre-Paul and Ndamukong Suh. Chris Godwin, Vita Vea and Sean Murphy-Bunting are young draft picks the Bucs really like. Running back and secondary might be slight weaknesses, but there's enough strength elsewhere to offset any issues. And as one exec told me, watch out for relative unknown Jaydon Mickens to be the next slot receiver Brady makes famous. -- Fowler

i

4. Indianapolis Colts
Big additions: DT DeForest Buckner, QB Philip Rivers, RB Jonathan Taylor, CB Xavier Rhodes, WR Michael Pittman Jr.
Key losses: CB Pierre Desir, TE Eric Ebron, DE Jabaal Sheard, S Clayton Geathers

Tampa bay got rid of a 1st round QB who led the league in offense to get a 400 year old 6th rounder who is all used up.
Explain the improvement?????

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting on the Colts. You think Rivers can get back to form?
I don’t think he has to tbh. They added a vjax type receiver. Two really good running backs. Ty Hilton is still there. Oh and what at worst a top 3 line in football. He’ll be decent.....

he needs to be b better than brissett. Then the d stays on and likely improves a bit.

that was a young team that made a push with luck. Then collapsed without him kinda. They were thought to be contenders. They added pieces.

Fwiw Miami is the wildcard. They added a lot. But a good handful of those guys are major gambles outside of the systems they were in. If they workout like they paid them. Yeah big improvement. But they didn’t sign a bunch of site things imho by any means. Not even close.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think he has to tbh. They added a vjax type receiver. Two really good running backs. Ty Hilton is still there. Oh and what at worst a top 3 line in football. He’ll be decent.....

he needs to be b better than brissett. Then the d stays on and likely improves a bit.

that was a young team that made a push with luck. Then collapsed without him kinda. They were thought to be contenders. They added pieces.

Fwiw Miami is the wildcard. They added a lot. But a good handful of those guys are major gambles outside of the systems they were in. If they workout like they paid them. Yeah big improvement. But they didn’t sign a bunch of site things imho by any means. Not even close.

I've always liked Rivers since he tore his ACL and kept playing in that playoff game. I didn't realize the o-line is top 3. Now it makes sense.

Miami played well considering the FO wanted to tank and Flores said fuck that and won some games. They'll def be better and have a good coach for once.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always liked Rivers since he tore his ACL and kept playing in that playoff game. I didn't realize the o-line is top 3. Now it makes sense.

Miami played well considering the FO wanted to tank and Flores said fuck that and won some games. They'll def be better and have a good coach for once.
They should be better I just don’t see them being anywhere near competitive . Still a 4-6 win team. But honestly look at their FA signings. Who do you really feel confident in? Heck even tua...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be better I just don’t see them being anywhere near competitive . Still a 4-6 win team. But honestly look at their FA signings. Who do you really feel confident in? Heck even tua...

I honestly don't know. They're not overly talented but I think they could be in many games cause of the coaching. 6 wins max seems about right.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I mean I still wanna see how these FA pan out. They spent a lot of cash. If they didn’t hit with most they screwed up.

That's a good point and the cycle starts over if they whiff. I think we'll get a glimps of Tua by the end of the season.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point and the cycle starts over if they whiff. I think we'll get a glimps of Tua by the end of the season.
yep. I think so too, i dont see a full year redshirt, unless they are in contention.

Byron Jones i like, pairing with howard is a great move

Shaq lawson? He didnt even start in buffalo.....and got 21 million guaranteed

Van Noy is decent. But i think he was a "patriots" guy. They better hope not........30 million guaranteed

Ereck flowers? umm ehh yah one decent year

karras, again, has on year as a starter in the league, albeit a fairly good one....

well really go down the list, and disregard the dolphins site's enthusiasm

Grading The Miami Dolphins Free Agent Signings - Miami Dolphins

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. I think so too, i dont see a full year redshirt, unless they are in contention.

Byron Jones i like, pairing with howard is a great move

Shaq lawson? He didnt even start in buffalo.....and got 21 million guaranteed

Van Noy is decent. But i think he was a "patriots" guy. They better hope not........30 million guaranteed

Ereck flowers? umm ehh yah one decent year

karras, again, has on year as a starter in the league, albeit a fairly good one....

well really go down the list, and disregard the dolphins site's enthusiasm

Grading The Miami Dolphins Free Agent Signings - Miami Dolphins

With the FA moves and drafting Tua, I'd give the off-season a B-
Of course if the FA whiffs than a D grade