• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your 2019 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductees

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're just legends. No bands from the 80's or latter should get in before them, at this point. It's seriously criminal, otherwise.

Yep....and now it's more about popularity & record sales, not the artistry/song writing like it once was.

Look how long it took the Moody Blues to get in, when they should've been inducted yrs ago.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roxy Music was ok...I mean, yeah Eno was in the band and a few of their songs broke some ground but I can't see where they have achieved great critical/financial success and/or influenced music (especially for the last 30 years) like KRAFTWERK the pioneers of electronic music and DEVO the progenitors of new wave.

...and Cokey Sniffs gets in on her solo career? I personally think her singing sounds like someone shaking their baby really fast while it cries.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roxy Music was ok...I mean, yeah Eno was in the band and a few of their songs broke some ground but I can't see where they have achieved great critical/financial success and/or influenced music (especially for the last 30 years) like KRAFTWERK the pioneers of electronic music and DEVO the progenitors of new wave.

...and Cokey Sniffs gets in on her solo career? I personally think her singing sounds like someone shaking their baby really fast while it cries.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Radiohead's music, but they deserve induction because of their South Park appearance.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed that John Prine didn't get in. An all time favorite of mine.

He does deserve an induction, but I'm sure he, like the vast majority of the legit nominees over the years really couldn't give a crap one way or another if he got in or not. His music, not some subjective award is what will ultimately stand the test of time...as it will with many of the other artists, whether they're inducted or snubbed.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing on this topic before I leave it alone, because we seem to go through the same back & forth every year as soon as the nomination/induction list gets released...and also keeping in mind that controversy to a certain degree has always played into the selection process...but...maybe the hall's PTB should consider changing the name of the R&R HOF to just the MUSIC HOF...and have wings or rooms inside the building dedicated/set aside for the various genres that are represented. There are just way too many types of music to label them all under the auspices of "Rock & Roll"..and it waters things down unnecessarily.

Just my :2cents:

FTR: I've been to Cleveland in the past, but never visited the RnRHOF, so maybe they currently do have such an idea already in place, or a plan to do so in the works??

Last edited:

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gettyimages-508568013.jpg

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Radiohead is overrated af.

The Bends and OK Computer are good albums, but people act like they are the second coming......they're not.
The impression I always got is that Radiohead doesn't even really like rock music. They have a singer who is big into electronic music and a guy who does musical scores and it seems like they should've been the top rock band and just gave up on the idea.

Music critics talk of how they've ushered in the new era of rock music but where is it? Critics have generally rejected all new rock music.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I know any roxy songs after looking into it.

If you don't know this one, I don't know what to tell you. It was a hit from their 5th album as they made a turn towards more commercial stuff. They had a few more that were minor hits, but this is the one that everyone has probably heard at least once.

As I mentioned somewhere above they're one of my all time favorite groups. But they are definitely not for everyone. They were "art rock" but unlike some others in that genre they actually could rock and were a great band. I'm partial to their earlier works, albums 1-4, and was surprised they were inducted. They'd been eligible for > 25 years and had never even been nominated before.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:laugh:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The impression I always got is that Radiohead doesn't even really like rock music. They have a singer who is big into electronic music and a guy who does musical scores and it seems like they should've been the top rock band and just gave up on the idea.

Music critics talk of how they've ushered in the new era of rock music but where is it? Critics have generally rejected all new rock music.

To be fair, haven't critics ALWAYS rejected rock music? If it isn't niche, it isn't cool enough for them. All the legendary bands were hated by music critics at first.