• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

YOU PEOPLE that fill out 18 brackets

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question:

Why would anyone brag about upsets? Everyone who picks, let's say, Mercer over Duke, does so knowing that only in extenuating circumstances will the upset happen. Which means that they know Duke will win 95% of the matchups, but they are picking the upset simply because of history. They KNOW there will be a major upset somewhere, and are hoping that THIS is the one. They don't (unless you are rmilia) truly believe the upset is likely, they just hope it happens. If it does, does it mean that person is a genius? No, just means they got lucky that THEIR 14 seed beat a 3 while the person who got "unlucky" picking UL-Lafayette to beat Creighton feels foolish when Creighton wins by 30.

But I am sure some of you play one or two brackets just so you can "brag" if you get that lucky upset and claim "I knew all along!" even though you likely have never seen the team that you chose to win play a game of basketball.

you answered your own question. Picture this guy after work at a bar with his buddies and "this" upset is taking place. It happens and he tells everyone he knew it all along and had this upset on his bracket - problem is no one ever sees this bracket but who cares right? I pick these ridiculous upsets on my 1 bracket every yr and get my ass handed to me every yr. Once in a while I get blindly lucky but then am brought back to reality when the one I didn't pick happens to be the team I had to win the whole fuckin thing. That usually happens by 4 or 5pm today. Can hardly wait.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question:

Why would anyone brag about upsets? Everyone who picks, let's say, Mercer over Duke, does so knowing that only in extenuating circumstances will the upset happen. Which means that they know Duke will win 95% of the matchups, but they are picking the upset simply because of history. They KNOW there will be a major upset somewhere, and are hoping that THIS is the one. They don't (unless you are rmilia) truly believe the upset is likely, they just hope it happens. If it does, does it mean that person is a genius? No, just means they got lucky that THEIR 14 seed beat a 3 while the person who got "unlucky" picking UL-Lafayette to beat Creighton feels foolish when Creighton wins by 30.

But I am sure some of you play one or two brackets just so you can "brag" if you get that lucky upset and claim "I knew all along!" even though you likely have never seen the team that you chose to win play a game of basketball.
If it's Mercer over Duke, then fine, that's just dumb luck. On the other hand, if you pick an 11 over a 6 because you actually believe that the 11 is a better team, or the 6 is playing poorly at the end of the year, or whatever other reason that makes you actually believe the higher seed is more likely to win, then you get some bragging rights.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HAD DAYTON !!!!! I KNEW THEY WOULD WIN THIS GAME ...... ok I'm lying , I had OSU like the rest of you guys

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have 3 brackets. I have the one of MY picks that I have Kansas beating Wisconsin. I have 1 with Albany beating Cal Poly in championship games (all lower seeds win until final 4). Then 1 with all the higher seeds winning with Florida beating Wichita State in the NCG.