• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yorvit Torrealba

4thefences

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping Torrealba on the roster was one of the best moves the Rockies made when they broke camp this spring. The confidence the pitchers have in him to call the game is a huge reason for their success. Now by no means am I saying he should be the starting catcher because Rosario is becoming one of the best offensive catchers in the league. As far as being a mentor, Torrrealba has already blown Hernandez out of the water. I'm sure Ramon Hernandez was able to teach Wilin some skills, but Torrealba knows his reason for being on the team and he is applying his knowledge and skills to the extreme.
After the game yesterday in which Nicasio pitched maybe the best 6 innings of his young career a reporter asked Torrealba if they had a game plan. He turned to the reported and beamed" you want to know our game plan? I'm calling the pitches, you just throw the ball where I want it, that was our game plan"!
Every spring I get the chance to meet a few players, coaches or even Keith Duggar(head trainer) and this year one of them was Yorvit Torrealba before the final roster cuts. The man is so full of positive energy and wanted to be with the team so bad. Glad it worked out, for everyone involved.

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Torrealba was one of the good decisions the Rockies made this Spring and his importance to a fragile pitching staff cannot be understated. The Rockies staff ERA this season is very close to the League average. That speaks volumes for the turnaround since last year and Torrealba enjoys some part in that. I really enjoy being around people who have positive energy and believe that's critical at the ML level and probably any level in Baseball.
4thefences...it sounds like your ST experiences formulate a good portion of your overall love for the game. I've never been to ST, Florida 2014 was in my sights...I don't know if it still is but I read Posts like this and I can see it should be.

4thefences

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
67RS if it's on your bucket list get it checked off. It is so laid back during spring training and you really get a chance to see the players when they don't have that game time pressure on their shoulders. Also get to see a ton of young talent who's future with a big league club is just around the corner. Like I've said before at 54 years of age I feel like a 12 year old running around getting autographs, taking pictures and soaking it all in. Baseball is ageless for all of us. I want you to start making plans for next spring. Tickets don't go on sale until January so don't worry about that part. Just mark the calendar for a week in March and go for it.

bored at work

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was unimpressed with Torrealba's hitting, but you guys are right about him, he is doing wonders for the staff. Tonight's game probably wouldn't be 4-0 in the 4th if he were catching. It would probably be 1-0 or 2-0

C U Buff Fan1

Total Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torrealba is just a guy that helps your team win. More off the field than on. I'll bet there are some Rangers fans that wished they hadn't cut Torrealba last year.