• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yolmer wins the Gold Glove

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Yolmer Sanchez for a rarity in the defense-related world of the White Sox these days: a Gold Glove winner!

Yolmer Sanchez wins Gold Glove at second base

Now comes the killer question....does this help or hurt his chances of remaining with the White Sox for 2020? As most of us know, he's up for arbitration this winter and there have been reports that the Sox might non-tender him, as they expect his salary could hit the $6mil+ mark, an amount that can only be strengthened, if not increased, as a result of his winning the GG. With the imminent promotion of Nick Madrigal approaching at some point this coming season, Sanchez has run out of places when he can start in the infield. And $6-6.5mil is a lot to pay an eventual pine brother. Should be interesting as to how this issue transpires in the coming weeks.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a guy that you would love to have as a utility man. If there's a way to keep him here in that role after the Madrigal call-up... I would be on-board.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a guy that you would love to have as a utility man. If there's a way to keep him here in that role after the Madrigal call-up... I would be on-board.
I said from almost the day I joined this board that if we had Sanchez, Garcia, and Engel all on the team, but all coming off the bench, then that meant we had one hell of a team.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it's all for naught:

Sox reportedly put Yolmer on outright waivers

I think a double whammy caused this.

1. Despite his defensive excellence, it would have been hard to justify Yolmer's $6.2 million dollar salary as a pine brother. The $6.2m is expected amount resulting from his upcoming arbitration hearing.
2. Actually, even tho everyone and his grandma knows 2b will eventually belong to Nick Madrigal, it was the hitting and defense of the much less expensive Danny Mendick, who hastened Yolmer's exit. Mendick should fill in adequately until Madrigal is up to speed.

Some team will pick up Yolmer, his excellent defense, and the positive attitude he brings to the game. He'll be missed.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate this. the financial situation that leads to this development. money always screws everything up.
loved having sanchez on this team even tho he never quite became the hitter i'd hoped he'd be.