• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yolmer to the Giants

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case anyone was wondering if we would bring back Yolmer "Mr. Team Spirit" Sanchez and his '19 Gold Glove as infield insurance until Madrigal takes over 2b, it ain't gonna happen. He signed with the Giants, and to a minor league contract at that. Sanchez brought a lot of fun to the clubhouse and his GG proved he was adept in the field. But unfortunately, his bat didn't merit the expected arbitration salary he was likely to receive this year had he remained with the Sox. Adios Yolmer, good luck with SF.

The Baseball Kid: Yolmer Sanchez is head to San Francisco

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A likeable character, for sure. An ideal utility IF'er but never got it going consistently with the bat. Madrigal will be up shortly into the season, it seems. It's time to see what Mendick can do in the mean time. He did some good things last season with the chances he did get.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A likeable character, for sure. An ideal utility IF'er but never got it going consistently with the bat. Madrigal will be up shortly into the season, it seems. It's time to see what Mendick can do in the mean time. He did some good things last season with the chances he did get.
I said almost from the day I joined the Sox board that at the time when he, Garcia, and Engel were all starters, if we had them on the roster, but instead as pine bros, then we'd have a pretty darn good team. These three were good enough to be on a major league roster, but not starting material, altho Leury at least acquitted himself decently as a starter last year.

And yep, liking Mendick to at the very least hold down the fort until Madrigal arrives. His play last season, altho brief, has helped earn him a chance to stick with the club when they break camp.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said almost from the day I joined the Sox board that at the time when he, Garcia, and Engel were all starters, if we had them on the roster, but instead as pine bros, then we'd have a pretty darn good team. These three were good enough to be on a major league roster, but not starting material, altho Leury at least acquitted himself decently as a starter last year.

And yep, liking Mendick to at the very least hold down the fort until Madrigal arrives. His play last season, altho brief, has helped earn him a chance to stick with the club when they break camp.

Yeah, that's about right for those three. Engel/Sanchez have value because of their elite defensive prowess, but if they're in your lineup everyday? That's probably not a good sign.

Leury did a good job last season. He could probably start for the majority of teams in baseball. But on a true World Series contender? I think he's still either a utility man or a platoon corner OF'er. It looks like he's trending that way with us. So, that's probably good.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very sad to say goodbye to Yomer. Without his exhuberance fans and teammates would have no memorable moments from recent Sox seasons. I would have gone to great pains to get him on this roster. I would have paid him the $6 million if he would agree to be the supersub for 2nd, SS, and 3rd. I think he wanted to start. Best of luck to him.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very sad to say goodbye to Yomer. Without his exhuberance fans and teammates would have no memorable moments from recent Sox seasons. I would have gone to great pains to get him on this roster. I would have paid him the $6 million if he would agree to be the supersub for 2nd, SS, and 3rd. I think he wanted to start. Best of luck to him.
Unfortunately, it was that $6 mil, plus his lack of bat, is what got him cut. That's a lot to justify paying a pine brother. And unlike the less expensive Garcia, who is a true super sub and better with the stick, Sanchez was pretty much just 2b and 3b only, altho he played them both quite well. I wish him the best and who knows, maybe one day we'll find him back in a Sox uni.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Literally, since the blackout game. My top 3 memories are Humber's perfect game, Jose Abreu's walk off slam his rookie year vs TB and Eloy's game winning HR vs the Cubs.

Seriously, what else is there? Nearly winning the Central in 2012 before they tore our hearts out by choking it away in the final two weeks? lol. The only year that we even came close to winning anything. Does that count? Probably not.

Quite a sad decade plus. I can only imagine being a White Sox fan growing up over the last decade. Must be tough on a kid. I remember how heated Cubs vs Sox trash talk could get in middle school when I was 11 or 12. lol. Right now, you would just have ZERO wins in that endeavor. Just eating shit every day from Cubs fans.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite a sad decade plus. I can only imagine being a White Sox fan growing up over the last decade. Must be tough on a kid. I remember how heated Cubs vs Sox trash talk could get in middle school when I was 11 or 12. lol. Right now, you would just have ZERO wins in that endeavor. Just eating shit every day from Cubs fans.

What you talkin' about Willis? I just railed 3 Cubs fans minimum on the way to work with the "Soxfest beat the sh*t out of Cub convention this year" smack. Left 'em in a dazed stupor questioning their fandom loyalty. Pretty sure I saw one immediately throw out his Cubs hat and head off to the store for a Sox one to replace it.

These things happen when you sign Yasmani Grandal.

Onward to glory gentlemen!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you talkin' about Willis? I just railed 3 Cubs fans minimum on the way to work with the "Soxfest beat the sh*t out of Cub convention this year" smack. Left 'em in a dazed stupor questioning their fandom loyalty. Pretty sure I saw one immediately throw out his Cubs hat and head off to the store for a Sox one to replace it.

These things happen when you sign Yasmani Grandal.

Onward to glory gentlemen!

Your continued act of pretending like an elite two-way catcher is an irrelevant signing is just... odd. This just shows that short of landing one of the 300 mil guys. You will just bitch.

And it's not just Grandal. It's Luis Robert, I would say... first and foremost. It's a big improvement on our anemic DH situation landing a proven bat like Encarnacion. Bolstering the rotation with a CYA winner in Kuechel, on the back end with a proven vet like Gio, getting Kopech and eventually Rodon back. Bolstering the pen with an elite right handed middle reliever in Cishek. It's Eloy going into year #2 healthy and poised for a potential breakout. It's Yoan Moncada coming off a big year and ready to hit his prime. Tim Anderson coming off of his breakout year. It's Nick Madrigal on his way up.

You are willingly choosing to degrade an elite catcher (based on false pretenses, I might add). Since he's not a 300 million dollar player. Then, you are pretending that it's the only thing that is happening for the team right now.

Are we a world series roster? No. But you have to be such a dense, disingenuous ass to actually spew this "Derrrr... league so scared of Grandal and the Sox!" shit. Good lord.

You are a redundant bore.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your continued act of pretending like an elite two-way catcher is an irrelevant signing is just... odd. This just shows that short of landing one of the 300 mil guys. You will just bitch.

And it's not just Grandal. It's Luis Robert, I would say... first and foremost. It's a big improvement on our anemic DH situation landing a proven bat like Encarnacion. Bolstering the rotation with a CYA winner in Kuechel, on the back end with a proven vet like Gio, getting Kopech and eventually Rodon back. Bolstering the pen with an elite right handed middle reliever in Cishek. It's Eloy going into year #2 healthy and poised for a potential breakout. It's Yoan Moncada coming off a big year and ready to hit his prime. Tim Anderson coming off of his breakout year. It's Nick Madrigal on his way up.

You are willingly choosing to degrade an elite catcher (based on false pretenses, I might add). Since he's not a 300 million dollar player. Then, you are pretending that it's the only thing that is happening for the team right now.

Are we a world series roster? No. But you have to be such a dense, disingenuous ass to actually spew this "Derrrr... league so scared of Grandal and the Sox!" shit. Good lord.

Grandal is not elite. Good Lord to you too yappity.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grandal is not elite.
Maybe not elite in terms of being a top hitter, have to grant you that. But he's constantly rated as the best or second best catcher, the most important field position, in the game. So I'm quite satisfied with having an elite catcher on our team.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. robert hasn't proven anything yet.
2. encarnacion seems a decent pickup but he's also 37 years old. never know when a guy is finished. so ... hopefully a good pickup.
3. kuechel WAS a cy young pitcher ... 5 years ago! and the last 2 years he's been pretty average. maybe less than average considering the teams he played for.
4. gio? 34 and he sucks! proven vet? so is jake peavy!
5. rodon? LMAO. yeah ... let's count on rodon! :lol:
6. cishik? yeah ... 34 in june. elite? never once made an all star game. how elite is that?

you have no clue, richig.
you are living in a dream world.