• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yet another thing MHSL82 never told me about John Stockton.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is something you expect me to tell you, then you are going to have a lot of things like this. :P

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
;)

So what was Green's injury?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to let you know that I was less than 3 years old when this happened so I would maybe know as much or as little as you do. I know Stockton replaced him and I feel John is the best passing point guard. And he was efficient at scoring, among the best. I also like Rickey Green, but that’s because he was here and didn’t use his daughter to leave, try to split the locker room (despite obviously believing in himself and wanting to start), or go to the press to diminish Stockton. If one were to show me that he did one of those things, it would be news to me and I will change my opinion of him. I don’t feel like looking it up because I don’t like to hear negative things that are not current/relevant.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Age. And Stockton being younger, more efficient, and better. (IMO, better at that time, too.)

That's not an injury.

Green didn't play at all the final two games, so he must have had some kind of an injury.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to let you know that I was less than 3 years old when this happened so I would maybe know as much or as little as you do. I know Stockton replaced him and I feel John is the best passing point guard. And he was efficient at scoring, among the best. I also like Rickey Green, but that’s because he was here and didn’t use his daughter to leave, try to split the locker room (despite obviously believing in himself and wanting to start), or go to the press to diminish Stockton. If one were to show me that he did one of those things, it would be news to me and I will change my opinion of him. I don’t feel like looking it up because I don’t like to hear negative things that are not current/relevant.

You didn't say he was the best stealing guard. So does that mean you think someone is better?

Yet again, you don't talk about his steals.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What if Rickey Green threw an on-top-of-the-ball, overhand pass to Thurl Bailey, like this?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not an injury.

Green didn't play at all the final two games, so he must have had some kind of an injury.

It’s the reason he was replaced. Wear and tear. I don’t care if it was an ankle, knee, or muscle. His injury was age and effectiveness. If they didn’t replace him for those two games because of Stockton being better and younger, they should have. Any [insert details] injury was just timing.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the reason he was replaced. Wear and tear. I don’t care if it was an ankle, knee, or muscle. His injury was age and effectiveness. If they didn’t replace him for those two games because of Stockton being better and younger, they should have. Any [insert details] injury was just timing.

Agree, but I just want to know the exact body part or muscle.

For informational and trivia purposes.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't say he was the best stealing guard. So does that mean you think someone is better?

Yet again, you don't talk about his steals.

@MHSL82, so do you think Stockton was the best at steals?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MHSL82, so do you think Stockton was the best at steals?

What a silly question. (I obviously do.) I am too biased to answer knowingly. I will tell you it was NOT a longevity thing. It was a consistency thing. Guards will have more steals given who they were guarding. But if the field is limited to point guards, the playing field is level and he had the most with a good rate. He did it with skill, too, of course.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a silly question. (I obviously do.) I am too biased to answer knowingly. I will tell you it was NOT a longevity thing. It was a consistency thing. Guards will have more steals given who they were guarding. But if the field is limited to point guards, the playing field is level and he had the most with a good rate. He did it with skill, too, of course.

Thank you.

Sometimes, answering silly questions is good.

Plus I liked reading your explanation, and pointing out that it wasn't just because of longevity.