• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yet another thing @MHSL82 didn't tell me about.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Wasn't there some test we were going to do, to see if tagging a thread title produced an alert? How can we do this if moderators already get alerts of new threads?)

@MHSL82 really wants to make it seem that Karl Malone wasn't # 1 in anything, or even a top player in important categories. That must be why he has omitted mentioning this for so long.

He never told me about Karl Malone's free throws made.

Karl Malone is #1, and he has 1,256 more than Moses Malone:

NBA & ABA Career Leaders and Records for Free Throws | Basketball-Reference.com

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Malone could have shot 85 - 91%, he could have had even higher free throws made and attempts.

Probably would have been even closer to the all-time scoring leader.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was obvious. That’s why I didn’t tell you. If he weren’t number one for attempts, I think I might have told you.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know that Malone attempted 40+ three-pointers and shot 40% and 37.2% and 36% (25 attempts only) in three of those seasons?

16-40
16-43
9-25
11-41 (not as good)

Karl Malone Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

Yes, one every other game is a lot for him. As with everyone, you know that some of those had to be buzzer beaters. I wonder how different it would be if you took those out.

Quinn Snyder would have him shoot even more. Maybe two every three games.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know that Malone attempted 40+ three-pointers and shot 40% and 37.2% and 36% (25 attempts only) in three of those seasons?

16-40
16-43
9-25
11-41 (not as good)

Karl Malone Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

Yes, one every other game is a lot for him. As with everyone, you know that some of those had to be buzzer beaters. I wonder how different it would be if you took those out.

Quinn Snyder would have him shoot even more. Maybe two every three games.

40 is a lot more than I would have thought, for him.

On the other hand, his 3-point rating in NBA Jam T.E. is pretty good. I usually feel comfortable with him taking an open 3-pointer.

Woah, there's a secret code to play as Karl Malone on any team!

Karl Malone (Character) - Giant Bomb

I want to try him on Houston (Olajuwon); San Antonio (with Rodman); Seattle (with Payton); Charlotte (Mugsy Bogues), Cleveland (Mark Price); and Indiana (Reggie Miller).

What does KRL stand for?

Yet another thing @MHSL82 didn't tell me about. "I didn't tell you because I thought it was obvious that Acclaim Entertainment would put a secret code in for Karl Malone."

Maybe I should play with him on the Bulls; select Pippen as my teammate, and then just start pushing my own teammate (for what Pippen said at the free throw line during the Final). Nevermind, it would be too hard to win if I pushed Pippen when on offense, because then he'd lose the ball. I could still push him when on defense, but that would make winning too hard too.

This says Malone's rating was a 4 for 3-pointer. I think that's pretty good.

NBA Jam: Tournament Edition Player Ratings Guide for Super Nintendo by boram_c - GameFAQs

Other players with 4's were:

Patrick Ewing, Kevin Willis, Larry Nance, Vin Baker, Chris Webber, David Benoit.

There's a few more, but that seems about right, to put Malone's 3-point ability in that group.

Last edited:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave Malone and Olajuwon steal ratings of 3? Those guys are on NBA history leaderboards for steals.