• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yet Another Offseason List: 10 Breakout Candidates for 2017

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharing a list from Ollie Connolly Dante Fowler among 10 breakout candidates for 2017

Players listed for those who don't like to read very much:

1. Laremy Tunsil MIA
2. Su'a Cravens WSH
3. Sterling Shepard NYG
4. Dante Fowler JAX
5. Shaq Thompson CAR
6. David Onyemata NO
7. D.J. Humphries ARI
8. Maurice Alexander LAR
9. Jatavis Brown LAC
10. Ramik Wilson KC

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharing a list from Ollie Connolly Dante Fowler among 10 breakout candidates for 2017

Players listed for those who don't like to read very much:

1. Laremy Tunsil MIA
2. Su'a Cravens WSH
3. Sterling Shepard NYG
4. Dante Fowler JAX
5. Shaq Thompson CAR
6. David Onyemata NO
7. D.J. Humphries ARI
8. Maurice Alexander LAR
9. Jatavis Brown LAC
10. Ramik Wilson KC

there may not be enough balls to go around, but malcolm mitchell will be a really...really good WR.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im on the fence with Shepard

With ODB, Marshall and this new TE, Im not sure how many balls will be there for Shepard

Rock likes balls by the way

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im on the fence with Shepard

With ODB, Marshall and this new TE, Im not sure how many balls will be there for Shepard

Rock likes balls by the way
If you're screwing up coverage, even if you're not getting the ball, you're doing your job as a WR.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jarred Cook with the Raiders.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers breakout player of 2017 will be Ty Montgomery. He was thrown into the fire last season when starks and Feast Mode were injured. He went from WR to RB mid season and averaged 6 YPC which leads the NFL and had the most yards after contact in the NFL as well. Dude is built like superman on roids and his only cryptonite is lack of experience. Having a full offseason of preparation should be enough time for him to dominate the NFL next year. You've been warned.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there may not be enough balls to go around, but malcolm mitchell will be a really...really good WR.
I liked Mitchell coming out of college quite a bit so I can see that working out.

Maybe Im looking at things too closely but I already through Ramik Wilson was a known commodity, too. Maybe I need to read the article.

Tunsil has a potential to be a great Guard so he makes sense at 1

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Mitchell coming out of college quite a bit so I can see that working out.

Maybe Im looking at things too closely but I already through Ramik Wilson was a known commodity, too. Maybe I need to read the article.

Tunsil has a potential to be a great Guard so he makes sense at 1
Seems to me the analytics/film people are the guys speaking on behalf of Wilson more so than just fans or casual observers from what I can tell. I don't personally think of him as a rock solid run defender with strong coverage ability like PFF might say. I am a little puzzled by it myself.

I just don't see a standout LB when I watch this:

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me the analytics/film people are the guys speaking on behalf of Wilson more so than just fans or casual observers from what I can tell. I don't personally think of him as a rock solid run defender with strong coverage ability like PFF might say. I am a little puzzled by it myself.

I just don't see a standout LB when I watch this:

Well, last year no one was a solid run defender on the whole team as far as I could tell. This year the main difference possibly on the whole team is going to be the NT change. Literally every team in the NFL could run on the Chiefs last year and certainly the Steelers took advantage of it with it being one of their strengths.

The Chiefs red zone D was great last year but if they could actually fix their bending issue then they might actually be a better team even if it doesnt show up in their record.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie Lacy rushes for 1,500 yards, makes a fool of Green Bay, Seattle fans go nuts, and then gains 231 lbs in the offseason and lives in the Ocean.

In all seriousness I do actually think Lacy will have a big year... And by "BIG" I don't mean weight.... I think, shit, do I think that? I think I do.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard is starting all 16 games this season and will rush for over 1500 yards.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie Lacy rushes for 1,500 yards, makes a fool of Green Bay, Seattle fans go nuts, and then gains 231 lbs in the offseason and lives in the Ocean.

In all seriousness I do actually think Lacy will have a big year... And by "BIG" I don't mean weight.... I think, shit, do I think that? I think I do.

To me with Lacy it hasn't really been about talent but can he stay healthy? Every year of his career he has gotten less and less carries because he just suffers some kind of nagging injury. Actual play on the field has not really been his issue. Now maybe the lower weight will help but my guess is it won't. There are teams in the league that love Alabama players and others that won't even touch them. A big reason being so many of them come out of college broken down and just have short NFL careers on a regular basis. Not all but many of them. Look at how many continue to have surgeries leading up to the NFL. Lacy had the concern coming out of college that he just couldn't hold up long-term. That seems to be holding true so far.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me with Lacy it hasn't really been about talent but can he stay healthy? Every year of his career he has gotten less and less carries because he just suffers some kind of nagging injury. Actual play on the field has not really been his issue. Now maybe the lower weight will help but my guess is it won't. There are teams in the league that love Alabama players and others that won't even touch them. A big reason being so many of them come out of college broken down and just have short NFL careers on a regular basis. Not all but many of them. Look at how many continue to have surgeries leading up to the NFL. Lacy had the concern coming out of college that he just couldn't hold up long-term. That seems to be holding true so far.
That man has a ribs physique. Trust me on this one.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocko I was thinking Hogan but not sure who's getting all the catches. NEs offense is going to be scary to defend. Best defenders will lock up Cooks and Edelman. That leaves the #3 or #4 corners to cover Mitchell or Hogan? Use there safties and Gronk and the RBs will kill them.
Every week likely to be another weapon. I think Hogan gets open better than Mitchell.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely. He was a stud at Georgia, it was just a shame his talent was wasted by terrible QBs while he was there.