• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yeah, Right

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the video and reading that article would lead one to believe that they were mistreated unless you're a racist fuck. Oh, there's plenty of questions concerning the story but only a true racist would type it the way you did...but you know that, that's why you'll blame me for being the racist.

The group had tee times for two threesomes, the first at 10 a.m., but did not begin their rounds until 10:39 a.m. because of a frost delay, according to documents filed with the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania. The women also would be behind a scramble tournament. A sixth member of their group did not show up, so Thompson approached the starter and asked if they could play as a fivesome. The starter gave the women the greenlight, as did a group of three men behind them on the tee sheet.

Is the starter who sent them off denying this?

This is the most puzzling thing of all. Were they really approached about slow play on the first hole? Is the club denying that? Did the manager really ride out to scold them at that point?

...and this paragraph really doesn't add up:

“He said we weren’t keeping pace. I tried to explain to him the delay wasn’t our fault,” Thompson says. “The group ahead was still on the green. He then told us to leave. I replied we wanted to play. He then offered to refund our membership. I reiterated we were going to play, and he huffed off.”

So immediately after starting play, the manager rode out to scold them and immediately upon them explaining that it wasn't their fault he revoked their entire membership?! That's so nuts it makes me question it.

Anyway, could have been handled much better than that. Why, if it was so busy and they took so long at the turn, was the group behind them on the tenth tee?

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the club manager/owner would have given his side of the confrontation.
It sure looks like they were singled out so I would have to side with the girls on this one.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the video and reading that article would lead one to believe that they were mistreated unless you're a racist fuck. Oh, there's plenty of questions concerning the story but only a true racist would type it the way you did...but you know that, that's why you'll blame me for being the racist.

The group had tee times for two threesomes, the first at 10 a.m., but did not begin their rounds until 10:39 a.m. because of a frost delay, according to documents filed with the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania. The women also would be behind a scramble tournament. A sixth member of their group did not show up, so Thompson approached the starter and asked if they could play as a fivesome. The starter gave the women the greenlight, as did a group of three men behind them on the tee sheet.

Is the starter who sent them off denying this?

This is the most puzzling thing of all. Were they really approached about slow play on the first hole? Is the club denying that? Did the manager really ride out to scold them at that point?

...and this paragraph really doesn't add up:

“He said we weren’t keeping pace. I tried to explain to him the delay wasn’t our fault,” Thompson says. “The group ahead was still on the green. He then told us to leave. I replied we wanted to play. He then offered to refund our membership. I reiterated we were going to play, and he huffed off.”

So immediately after starting play, the manager rode out to scold them and immediately upon them explaining that it wasn't their fault he revoked their entire membership?! That's so nuts it makes me question it.

Anyway, could have been handled much better than that. Why, if it was so busy and they took so long at the turn, was the group behind them on the tenth tee?

i have had starters approve a 5-some but always with the caveat that if anyone behind us wanted to pass, we had to allow it. In this case, the details seem all over the place as to exactly what happened though.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have had starters approve a 5-some but always with the caveat that if anyone behind us wanted to pass, we had to allow it. In this case, the details seem all over the place as to exactly what happened though.

There should never, ever be a 5sum allowed on the course.
Slow pricks, and don't wanna let others play thru.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should never, ever be a 5sum allowed on the course.
Slow pricks, and don't wanna let others play thru.

whenever we've ended up with 5, we always let people play through. it makes our round much, much longer but it doesn't slow anyone else down. i've never come up to a 5-some that wouldn't let people play through either. i would call the clubhouse so the marshall could intervene if you're encountering that.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whenever we've ended up with 5, we always let people play through. it makes our round much, much longer but it doesn't slow anyone else down. i've never come up to a 5-some that wouldn't let people play through either. i would call the clubhouse so the marshall could intervene if you're encountering that.

Oh they'll let ya thru...eventually, but I don't understand why they are even allowed? Break 'em up into 2 groups.
Who'd want to play a 4-5 hour round anyways?. Now, if they are picking up after blowing up on a hole, or if they play gimme's from 4 ft in, then ok...maybe.

But if the group is gambling, then they take foreeeeeeever.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they'll let ya thru...eventually, but I don't understand why they are even allowed? Break 'em up into 2 groups.
Who'd want to play a 4-5 hour round anyways?. Now, if they are picking up after blowing up on a hole, or if they play gimme's from 4 ft in, then ok...maybe.

But if the group is gambling, then they take foreeeeeeever.

yes, the only time we've been allowed a 5-some is when the course is not completely packed (usually afternoon). But, if we can't keep up with the group ahead of us and someone catches up, we never hesitate to let them pass.

if the course is packed, it would make no sense to tee off with a 5-some.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, the only time we've been allowed a 5-some is when the course is not completely packed (usually afternoon). But, if we can't keep up with the group ahead of us and someone catches up, we never hesitate to let them pass.

if the course is packed, it would make no sense to tee off with a 5-some.

Well ya'll sound like great guys...maybe I'll play thru ya one day......:suds: