• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

XFL - Seattle Dragons

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah the NFL needs a "minor" league just like what NFL Europe was. The NFL should do EVERYTHING it can to help the XFL and keep it alive.
The NFL doesn't really need a minor league. They have college football. The XFL could help the NFL some, but not really in a way where it would be noticeable.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been watching the games on Saturday if possible (have seen 2 of 3 of Dragons games). The quality of football I would say is "good enough" but certainly nowhere near NFL. I do like the transparency during official reviews and some of the other "production" gimmicks (like talking to players and coaches on the sideline during the game). I am not a fan of a 9-point TD or the 2nd fwd pass, but overall I think the product is pretty good.

I recommend Youtube.TV... $49.99 a month for 70+ plus channels, including local channels...
I looked at YouTube TV for a while when I canceled DTV in Aug, but no NFL Network or RedZone channel was a deal breaker for me. When the Hawks are on the road or not playing on Sunday, I'm glued to the RZC.

Root is coming out with an app that will be $9.99 so I will just get that when it arrives...

When is the ROOT app coming out? I hadn't heard that, and it was the 1 bummer about leaving DTV/cable. That will be fantastic.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen any games. I'm a cord cutter and haven't been motivated enough to fine a stream on the net for XFL.
I cut the cord (DirecTV) in August. I now have Sling Blue & Orange for $45/month, and my internet package gives me local channels via online streaming. I am paying less than 1/3 of what I was before, and I'm still watching every channel I want except ROOT sports (and it appears they may be launching an app service soon). I have ESPN, NFLN, FS1, etc. as well as all the major news channels. And the beauty of this setup is you can put a TV anywhere you want, so long as it can tie into your internet.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cut the cord (DirecTV) in August. I now have Sling Blue & Orange for $45/month, and my internet package gives me local channels via online streaming. I am paying less than 1/3 of what I was before, and I'm still watching every channel I want except ROOT sports (and it appears they may be launching an app service soon). I have ESPN, NFLN, FS1, etc. as well as all the major news channels. And the beauty of this setup is you can put a TV anywhere you want, so long as it can tie into your internet.

I love it as well... I watch TV at work on my ipad with youtube.tv... Able to watch "GET UP" in the morning at the office...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL doesn't really need a minor league. They have college football. The XFL could help the NFL some, but not really in a way where it would be noticeable.

The Talent level at say Oline and say QB is not good as past years because of the piss poor spread that is taking over the college ranks. So yes the NFL needs a minor league.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had sling during football season so I could get the red zone. I actually found a variety of ways to watch football. Prime had Thursday night football. CBS all access had ( I think that was the one ) had local news and sports which included NFL games. Monday night football I could watch on my iPad with Yahoo sports. I streamed some NFL games on my desktop computer which has a really large screen for viewing. I doubt I ever go back to cable. Got a lot more choices of what to watch since I cut the cord and save a ton of money to boot. Wished I had done it long ago.
I tried all kind of ways not to cut the cord, but save money. Went from a long time Comcast customer to try the Dish, which was horrible, so back to comcast. Then tried direct TV on a promotional deal where I got the SundayTicket for like $75. The deal ended right after the SuperBowl and they doubled their rates. So I cancelled that ( it was not easy canceling, they make hard as heck by sending you to different phone #, disconnected conversations as soon as you mention canceling etc.). Then went cord cutter.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had sling during football season so I could get the red zone. I actually found a variety of ways to watch football. Prime had Thursday night football. CBS all access had ( I think that was the one ) had local news and sports which included NFL games. Monday night football I could watch on my iPad with Yahoo sports. I streamed some NFL games on my desktop computer which has a really large screen for viewing. I doubt I ever go back to cable. Got a lot more choices of what to watch since I cut the cord and save a ton of money to boot. Wished I had done it long ago.
I tried all kind of ways not to cut the cord, but save money. Went from a long time Comcast customer to try the Dish, which was horrible, so back to comcast. Then tried direct TV on a promotional deal where I got the SundayTicket for like $75. The deal ended right after the SuperBowl and they doubled their rates. So I cancelled that ( it was not easy canceling, they make hard as heck by sending you to different phone #, disconnected conversations as soon as you mention canceling etc.). Then went cord cutter.
I had DirecTV stateside going back to about 2001. For the past few years, every Aug I would call them and threaten to cancel unless they gave me Sunday Ticket plus RZC for free, and it worked every time. But before this past year I just decided to move on. I am always at the home games, so nearly half of the time Sunday Ticket does me no good. Besides, when I am home and watching NFL on Sunday it's always RZC anyway. So this summer my call was to cancel, and it was surprisingly easy. The lady didn't pass me off to anyone or throw any hail marys to get me to stay. Saving lots of $ now and still watching pretty much everything I had before except for ROOT, and I can also get Pac12 Network now. Cable or satellite TV is soon going to be obsolete, and pretty much everyone will be watching through some sort of streaming service. Inevitable.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Talent level at say Oline and say QB is not good as past years because of the piss poor spread that is taking over the college ranks. So yes the NFL needs a minor league.
The NFL is still growing every season. They don't NEED a minor league but it could help out some.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I've been watching every game thus far. Right now it's clear that Jim Zorn just can't fucking coach worth a shit. I don't know how the hell Silvers was allowed to start as long as he did. The dude was missing wide open throws and making terrible decisions the entire time he was out there. He may have looked solid playing against Idaho's shit defense in the Sun Belt but it was obviously very early he struggled making big throws/decisions. I don't know how it took so long to get BJ out there.

This team is probably 3-1 if BJ starts from the beginning and Zorn isn't making stupid-ass decisions.