• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The X-Files

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give shit about all of the negnellys. Always loved the X-Files and am always excited for new episodes. Even if they are not quite up to the original series standards, still happier than a pig in mud to have some new ones!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap that was bad. Might be the worst hour of tv I watched for years. Erased half of the previous finale, retconned major events.....

The whole thing looked and sounded like a really bad overlong trailer for a terrible movie.

Hope: supposedly the only other conspiracy episode is the finale so some of stand-alone episodes might be good.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give shit about all of the negnellys. Always loved the X-Files and am always excited for new episodes. Even if they are not quite up to the original series standards, still happier than a pig in mud to have some new ones!

I thought it was awesome, but maybe I was just so damned happy they went back to the story line of the kid, alien extermination and not some new mystery. The Fox narrating his movements and his umm, unknown driving skills were a little different, almost at the end when Dana said to get back to work in the x files I worried we were going on some beast hunt again, but previews seem like they are on the same story next week. Fox and Scully are really allowed to look older and exhausted while smoking man seems younger.

Don't know how they will fare on Wednesdays after the hip hop shows, and they went up against the Blacklist now that I was really not expecting back so soon, but at least I have a DVR now.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been so long since I watched the original seasons and when I did I was more of a fan of the "Monster of the Week" episodes so I could probably use a bit of a refresher as it relates to this recurring arc.

Was Agent Reyes aligned with Smokey towards the original end of the series? I don't recall that she was but she was such a minor character that I could have easily forgotten that. Or are we just to assume that he recently recruited her the same way he appears to have recruited Skinner?

And yeah they did retcon a few things, didn't they? Isn't this the 2nd time that Smokey has come back from the dead? Once is fine and was likely planned all along but twice is a bit much. I guess that's what happens when you have every intention of ending a series but then decide to bring it back many years later. Speaking of cheating death, wasn't Spender turned into some kind of freak as a result of his father trying to kill him?

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap that was bad. Might be the worst hour of tv I watched for years. Erased half of the previous finale, retconned major events.....

The whole thing looked and sounded like a really bad overlong trailer for a terrible movie.

Hope: supposedly the only other conspiracy episode is the finale so some of stand-alone episodes might be good.

Completely agree. I loved the X Files. This was just plain horrible. The worst episode I’ve ever seen.

I’d rather eat the cooch on Mother Peacock in the “Home” episode than watch this again .

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree. I loved the X Files. This was just plain horrible. The worst episode I’ve ever seen.

I’d rather eat the cooch on Mother Peacock in the “Home” episode than watch this again .

They had to explain what was happening after not being in this subject for so long. They wasted those last episodes on crazy cases.

Its like going to see the x files movie and you end up on a case with bodies buried in ice and others being fed to dogs. They then do the movie we wanted to see with scully going into the alien ship. I guess if you liked the monster of the week, this wont be for you, but if you want to get back to the alien deal, this is exactly what we were hoping for.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, not a big fan of the episode, more of like the spoof mentality, but big fan of Scully cleavage episode, sexy looks, yeah, I don't care how old she is, that boobage compared to her waist size is nice for the spank bank.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'v always like X Files myself, the movies, the special episodes, etc.

Finding this new batch lacking but still watching.

Nothing at all like Home, the one with the in bred brothers and the legless mom under the bed? That one is my all time favourite, even above the leach guy.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoyed most of this episode, as I thought it was setting up for something cool but the end was pretty disappointing as it turned out to be exactly what Mulder suspected. I was hoping for some kind of twist where maybe the nurses were somehow behind it in some way. I thought those pills would come into play somehow. The Mulder and Scully romance stuff seemed a bit forced but maybe they're foreshadowing Scully getting pregnant again? The sword sound effect as the episode came to an end was kind of funny.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two after the premiere were decent IMO. Nothing great, but enjoyable. One was even written by Chris Carter and I resisted the temptation to turn it off right away.

Darrin Morgan episode this week, looking forward to it.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this week's episode to be pretty good as one of their intentionally goofy episodes. Once again I wasn't a huge fan of how they wrapped up the main story.

Not sure if the very last scene was kind of intended to be meta or not.

Last edited:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this week's episode to be pretty good as one of their intentionally goofy episodes. Once again I wasn't a huge fan of how they wrapped up the main story.

Not sure if the very last scene was kind of intended to be meta or not.

It was nice to see Reggie again, I am not sure why they got rid of him. I always liked the three of them together.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good little dialogue episode this well.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, I never watched this show. I am watching it now and just finishing S1.

My main question right now is, why did “they” fight Mulder? Why not recruit him? He is clearly open to things that are outside the norm, couldn’t that type of person be useful?

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, I never watched this show. I am watching it now and just finishing S1.

My main question right now is, why did “they” fight Mulder? Why not recruit him? He is clearly open to things that are outside the norm, couldn’t that type of person be useful?

When you say "they" do you mean the main FBI hierarchy that stuck him in the basement? The sub-agenda secret FBI hierarchy? The aliens, and if so, which group? Other?

The X-Files has a convoluted plot line that truthfully comes off a bit dated at times. It helped set the standard for the complicated storylines we see so regularly now. But at times it seems that they were just winging it and had no real endgame plan.

You have to remember that no one thought that it would be a hit or leave a huge legacy. Things will pick up as you watch the next few seasons. Some things will become clearer but others will just impose more questions.

So I dont have a clear answer to your question except to say it would have been an entirely different series if it played out as per your suggestion. Mulder doesn't play well with others and is driven by personal demons. His backstory is intertwined with the covert power group (I am assuming this is the "they" you are referring to) in a negative fashion so they probably thought that exposing him to the truth would only make him more of an enemy. Therefore they probably thought it was better to try to bury him.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dammit, fox.

https://gizmodo.com/new-mexico-observatory-closed-because-of-child-****-inv-1829194560