• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The X-Files

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never watched the originals......but the only thing I have found interesting in this short run is th alien conspiracy crap. Apparently the ridiculousness of the other episodes is a throwback to the originals but not having watched them I find alot of it boring and beyond suspension of disbelief.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, its pretty amazing that they can spend big money on this OJ story, making these stars that should be good enough actors to make us believe they are these people, into makeup so they look like the people, and not have much of a special effects budget for these.

I guess I was just happy that #6 might bookend #1 that I actually watched my dvd of the x files second movie where they chased the frankenstein dude and this trash man was a decent story.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last episode was great on its own, but I really do not understand why they've chosen this route for a six episode mini-series.

The "Trashman" was an awesome monster character, but I kind of hoped they'd stick to the broader story arc, given such a short season.

It's rather obvious that they're trying to pay full homage to the original series with all these different types of episodes, but it is hard to make it all work within six episodes.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Trashman was a good episode but there was no real conclusion. I guess he is still roaming the streets of Philly protecting the homeless?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Trashman was a good episode but there was no real conclusion. I guess he is still roaming the streets of Philly protecting the homeless?
Another not uncommon feature of The X Files.

I for one am glad there has been a variety of episodes. "Monster of the week' and comedic episodes were a great part of the show. When a show ends and they make movies, those parts get ignored. Early on there would be a MOTW episode and there might be some overall conspiracy stuff as well but for the most part they separated the two early on.
After a couple seasons you knew the first and last episode of the seaspn, and a couple in each sweeps period would all be conspiracy ones. Got really predictable.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part, I preferred the Monster of the Week episodes over the mythology ones. That might have been because I didn't watch the series in order.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday I watched one of the "Best Of" episodes that Space Channel aired in the week leading up to this latest run of new episodes.

It was an episode I'd only seen once before and at the time it was considered extremely controversial.

The episode was entitled "Home".

It was about the inbred trio of brothers who were breeding with their legless mother who had been assumed dead....

Strong episode. Very strong.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad episode. The ending was a bit of a letdown. I was hoping for some kind of twist where the Muslims weren't being terrorists after all.

The best part was Mulder apparently getting high on mushrooms. Was Einstein lying to Skinner about not actually giving him mushrooms or was it really just the placebo effect?

I don't think we'll see those 2 agents in the finale but if they make more episodes, I wouldn't be surprised to see them again. Einstein was really annoying at first but not too bad towards the end.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was fun seeing how they dealt with their younger selves. They did show them in the preview for the finale, red head was on a table with her hair all messed up. She was alot like Dana, all business until every fan wanted to bang her.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad episode. The ending was a bit of a letdown. I was hoping for some kind of twist where the Muslims weren't being terrorists after all.

The best part was Mulder apparently getting high on mushrooms. Was Einstein lying to Skinner about not actually giving him mushrooms or was it really just the placebo effect?

I don't think we'll see those 2 agents in the finale but if they make more episodes, I wouldn't be surprised to see them again. Einstein was really annoying at first but not too bad towards the end.

If it would have ended right after they busted up the cell it would have been much better. If they would have ended it after Miller and Einstein's chat in the airport it would have been better. The ending at Mulder's house and the walk with that discussion was brutal.

Overall I thought it was OK. Ambrose and Amell were good and the MUlder on drugs part was funny.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trashman episode was kinda intriguing and cool. But the human lizard episode was straight up stupid!

I'm curious to see how the child they gave up plays into the series. It's been a constant theme so far.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it would have ended right after they busted up the cell it would have been much better. If they would have ended it after Miller and Einstein's chat in the airport it would have been better. The ending at Mulder's house and the walk with that discussion was brutal.

Overall I thought it was OK. Ambrose and Amell were good and the MUlder on drugs part was funny.
I hated this episode. Mulder ingesting the magic mushroom was the most idiotic part of the show. The episode about the trash man was excellent.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about the most recent episode was that it wasn't really an X-File. While there may have been a supernatural element to how they solved it, there didn't seem to be anything supernatural about the crime itself. At the beginning they mentioned something about hearing music after the gallery blew up but then it was never really mentioned again.

I thought they went a little over the top at first with Einstein too. Just in case anyone missed the fact that she had red hair and dressed like Scully, they sure wanted to spell it out for us that she was a closed minded skeptic over and over again.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about the most recent episode was that it wasn't really an X-File. While there may have been a supernatural element to how they solved it, there didn't seem to be anything supernatural about the crime itself. At the beginning they mentioned something about hearing music after the gallery blew up but then it was never really mentioned again.

I thought they went a little over the top at first with Einstein too. Just in case anyone missed the fact that she had red hair and dressed like Scully, they sure wanted to spell it out for us that she was a closed minded skeptic over and over again.

I pretty much got that from the beginning, Einstein was a young scully and the dude was a want to believe young mulder. I thought that was more what the episode was about, not really the case.

Next week should be great.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this episode was the best one of the series.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the updated X-Files was a complete joke.

More like a send-up of the series than evolving it.

FUBAR.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the finale is good, I have serious doubts. By the end of the serious most of the alien conspiracy mythology episodes were messes. They'd usually start well then be a muddled mess at the end. Since its still controlled by Chris Carter I do not expect much besides a good opening segment.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first two episodes and the Trashman episode were great, while the Lizardman and Arab Terrorist cell episodes were good ideas, but executed terribly.

The one constant has been the special effects, which have been strong in every episode.

It seems like they're trying to establish the "younger Mulder and Scully" characters in the event FOX decides to extend the series.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated this episode. Mulder ingesting the magic mushroom was the most idiotic part of the show. The episode about the trash man was excellent.
What? I say if they keep the show going Mulder needs to trip balls at least once per season from now on.

But seriously, the bandaid nose man episode was very good.