• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WWE Network

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure there is already a thread on this, but I just finally tried the free trial of the WWE Network. I can't tell if Vince is a genius for offering this at only $9.99 because it is so affordable and allows unbelievable access and options, or if he is foolish for only offering this at $9.99. But wow! What a great thing. All RAW and Smackdown episodes, any PPV, even any shows they had prior to RAW and Smackdown like the real Superstars, Saturday Main Event, etc. A load of mini documentaries, although some I feel although they say behind the scenes are really "behind the scenes" I am always skeptical on those WWE documentaries because at the end of the day it's the WWE controlling the message they want to put out there about a particular wrestler or stable.

But overall, what great content and a great feature. Bravo to the WWE for offering this and offering it at such a low price. I wish they offered just a straight flat fee of a year long subscription as I may actually be more willing to buy that package than the monthly one.

But my evenings and weekends are now booked with WWE Network watching.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure there is already a thread on this, but I just finally tried the free trial of the WWE Network. I can't tell if Vince is a genius for offering this at only $9.99 because it is so affordable and allows unbelievable access and options, or if he is foolish for only offering this at $9.99.

It was definitely a smart move by WWE because it broadened the paying customer base and cut out the cable company cut for PPVs (I remember hearing a while back that the cable companies typically get somewhere around 50% of the revenues).

For the non-major PPVs before the network, they were getting around 200K PPV buys, so instead of having ~200K people pay $50 to watch a PPV (with half of that $ going to the cable companies), they now have 2 million subscribers pay $10. That's $20M in revenue now in a bad PPV month compared to what would've been $5M.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's genius and has already offered hours of entertainment. Today just watched the CM Punk mini documentary, that pipe bomb promo was and to this day is still the best promo in WWE. I think overall the WWE dropped the ball on where they ended up going with that whole storyline.