• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU retiring Rod Thorn's 44 today...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thorn’s Number To Be Retired - West Virginia University Athletics

This is certainly a great honor. Only two other jerseys currently have had this celebration. Thorn was the last WVU player to don the number 44. So... we'll see two 44's with a forever spotlight on them in the Coliseum.

This player certainly doesn't hold the same mystique as either Hundley or West, but he has had a special career both as a Mountaineer in uniform as well as in his professional life when the uniform wearing days were over.

Hopefully, the team will rebound from their most recent skid to make this day a little more special.

Either way... I wish I could be there to give this man a standing ovation at halftime...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, this game is not going well, to say the least.........under 10% from 3, 30% free throws........what I felt was going to be a special season a month ago, a lock as a two seed three weeks ago......has turned quickly into I hope we make the field. Hopefully they can get it turned around and make a run in the B12 tourney, and see where the chips fall. I am glad I got to see the highlight of this season in Cleveland back in December!!!

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, this game is not going well, to say the least.........under 10% from 3, 30% free throws........what I felt was going to be a special season a month ago, a lock as a two seed three weeks ago......has turned quickly into I hope we make the field. Hopefully they can get it turned around and make a run in the B12 tourney, and see where the chips fall. I am glad I got to see the highlight of this season in Cleveland back in December!!!
Yall got serious road woes...and losing to us at home isn't what I expected in the least.

Will make for an interesting Big XII tourney with all these teams scratching for some bubble action!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah man... I’m glad you got to see one of the few highlights of this season.

JMO, but Huggins has lost this team. I have no inside connection to the team. But, it looks like the kids have quit. Their body language is really bad. I saw some kids cheering and supporting their mates from the bench when we were trying to rally in the 2nd half. But, Culver and Knapper never left their seats. Just sat there. Both of them...

Huggins tried to play his games with the press earlier in the month. Threw his players under the bus following the OU road game and ISU Home game. Doesn’t look like that turned out very well. Fans followed their leader and started dumping on the kids in social media.

Thursday night, Huggs calls out fans for criticizing his players. Today... the fans gave the players the boo bird treatment.

Makes me sad...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 2019-2020 Mountaineers retired last night too...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take "Who's Rod Thorn?" for $200 Alex...

"Rodney King Thorn is an American basketball executive and a former professional player and coach, Olympic Committee Chairman, with a career spanning over 50 years. In 2018, Thorn was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame."
Rod Thorn - Wikipedia

He's done a lot. From drafting Michael Jordan, to building the first "Dream Team".

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yall got serious road woes...and losing to us at home isn't what I expected in the least.

Will make for an interesting Big XII tourney with all these teams scratching for some bubble action!

Its not just road woes, we couldn’t score with a a pocket full of hundreds at the bunny ranch.
Dunno if the team is just THAT fatigued from travel ect. Or Huggs has just lost em or what.

The OU/Texas game has some juice now so.. there’s that...

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Rodney King Thorn is an American basketball executive and a former professional player and coach, Olympic Committee Chairman, with a career spanning over 50 years. In 2018, Thorn was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame."
Rod Thorn - Wikipedia

He's done a lot. From drafting Michael Jordan, to building the first "Dream Team".

pfft.

Don't give a fuck.