• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU has its first losing streak

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible 2nd half. What did we score... 19 points?

I don’t understand what Huggins was doing in the 2nd half. Did not rotate his players like he normally has. Kept trying to feed the post even though it lead to TO’s or missed bunnies.

On the road to face BU next. The game is on ESPN+. I’m expecting the losing streak(s) to continue.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did not score in the last 5:07 of the game....that is almost impossible. Once again seems the ten is getting away from him.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is frustrating to watch. I've given up on hoping they win the conference or make a big run through the tournament.

Some observations:

KU cannot handle Oscar. He was dominant in the first half but disappeared in the second. This happened in both games against Kansas this year.

Outside shooting is horrendous. We get several open opportunities where the offense gets us great open shots for 3. We don't make them. Our players are tentative in taking good contested shots and try to get that last great pass in. This results in too many turnovers. I think Huggs needs to let players create shots for themselves. Seems like some of our guys shoot better when making a move and taking a shot as opposed to getting a pass and a quick shot.

Fat breaks- we pass up on too many opportunities. I fell like the team is told not to shoot until Oscar or Derrick get in position to rebound.

Offense- Huggs likes to use the motion offense to get an open shot or a clean lane to pass it inside. More dribble drives are needed and also should use NBA type spread to create one on one match ups. They did this once last night with Deuce. he got a good shot and missed and we did not go back to that offense.

You can see the players thinking while on the court. Players who want to shoot are thinking twice. Nobody wants to take a bad shot. Huggs needs to let the players play. We wont win many shooting at 30% even when our defense and rebounding gives us 10-20 more shots per game.

What this team is lacking is the ability to turn it up when needed. If we score 10 points in the last 5 minutes, we beat Kansas. The team basically fell apart. Haley passed up a great shot and overthrew an alley oop pass, rebounds bounced off our hands. Shots were not even close. Down the stretch, they completely folded.

I could not imagine this team winning a close game on a buzzer beater.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... today Huggs will be changing the lineup. I'm thankful. BU starts a small lineup... 4 guards all 6'3" or shorter. It's obvious by now that our big lineup is not productive offensively... that our bigs have trouble defending on the perimeter.

Having a big lineup has not proven to be a difference maker. I'm not expecting a win on the road today, but I'll be interested to see how we look... especially defensively... with our smaller lineup.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggs told the WV Illustrated reporter he would be changing his lineup... then he started the exact same 5 that have started all but one game this year.

Even though the final score was but an 11 point loss... this game was total domination by BU. At one point in the 2nd half, it looked like our kids had quit. Nobody got back on a transition after one of our 22 TO’s of the game.

Taz didn’t quit. But, he ain’t real good at defense either.

Culver played 3 minutes in the 2nd half. Matthews looks like he’s on drugs.

The losing streak(s) continue. Haven’t won on ESPN+... lost our 3rd straight.

Huggs needs to ‘Fix it’...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many transfers this year?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many transfers this year?

You have to expect there to be a couple. Looking at recent playing time, I'd expect Knapper to be gone for sure... and wouldn't be surprised to see Matthews gone. And, I certainly would understand McCabe moving on. IMO, he is being treated very poorly by Huggs. I would leave the program if I was Jordan...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my biggest beefs with Dana Holgorsen was lying to the fan base.

If you aint gonna change anything the grow a pair and SAY you aint gonna change anything.

Huggins is looking more and more like the Les Miles of CBB.