• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU a solid TD favorite...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... over fucking JMU!

Yeah... I know... JMU is a top FCS team. Lots of starters back... former FBS players...

Surely though... everyone has to admit... there is a reason kids go to FCS schools. If WVU is as bad as the boys in Vegas are predicting... it’s going to be a long season.

I’m hoping the boys in Vegas are wrong. Way... wrong...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like JMU to Cover...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a seasoned JMU team...if WV loses with all the uncertainty it has right now it would not shock me.
Same here, I will be disappointed, but not stunned in disbelief. The real story will be barring a rash of injuries ect. how does the team look in November. If we take some lumps from better teams yet still get better as the season goes then imo its a great sign for the future.

Yall be safe on the trip in,

LETS GO!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here, I will be disappointed, but not stunned in disbelief. The real story will be barring a rash of injuries ect. how does the team look in November. If we take some lumps from better teams yet still get better as the season goes then imo its a great sign for the future.

Yall be safe on the trip in,

LETS GO!
Exactly. I have low expectations for this year, we are very thin at numerous positions, the cupboard was left pretty empty. We have a new coach who runs things a LOT different, so there will be an adjustment period. What I hope to see is a team and coaching staff that improve each week, are a seasoned, productive team by the end of the year. JMU is a really good team, they WILL compete and not be intimidated at all, they are a better team than a few others we play this year, regardless of their FCS level. I think we will win a nail biter, but will not be shocked if we lose, but I will be cheering no matter the results!!!!

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO FUCKING WAY we lose to a FCS team, I don't care who they are. Sounds like a lot of excuses being made before the game, the cupboard is NOT BARE, there may be a lot of inexperience but there is talent all over this team. When was the last time we had 3 four star QB's on the roster, the RB's are as good as anywhere in the country, many inexperienced WR's with lots of talent, possible 2 NFL OL, one of the best DL we have ever had, LB have a lot of talent, the secondary is questionable, but this DL should help make up for that. NO FUCKING EXCUSES, there is no excuse to lose to an FCS team

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nerve racking!!!! The defense was horrible for the first three quarters, but has come to life in the 4th, thankfully. The experience of the JMU kids shows, and our kids lack of experience is showing as well. This JMU team is heads and shoulders better than Kansas, Mike.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHEW!!!!!

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still in shock over the epic stupidity of both coaches.

Why the hell did JMU punt there on that last 4th down with no timeouts under 3 minutes.

Why the hell did we throw there on 3rd down with over a minute and JMU still had no timeouts?

WOW

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still in shock over the epic stupidity of both coaches.

Why the hell did JMU punt there on that last 4th down with no timeouts under 3 minutes.

Why the hell did we throw there on 3rd down with over a minute and JMU still had no timeouts?

WOW

Only defense that I can think of is that we couldn’t run the ball a lick and he thought that was the only shot that we had to convert & let the offense ice the game. I mean, Kendall’s pass did hit him in the hands at the marker and that ball SHOULD have been caught ( our WR’s let us down several times ) but..

Otherwise I agree, we had no problem running it with no real success for the rest of the game, why not there?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only defense that I can think of is that we couldn’t run the ball a lick and he thought that was the only shot that we had to convert & let the offense ice the game. I mean, Kendall’s pass did hit him in the hands at the marker and that ball SHOULD have been caught ( our WR’s let us down several times ) but..

Otherwise I agree, we had no problem running it with no real success for the rest of the game, why not there?

There was 1:18 left in the game. I’m all for being aggressive. But throwing there in that situation, in this game was just absolute stupidity. We gave up essentially 2 more plays. I just don’t agree with it. But it worked out so it is what it is.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people complained about Dana's clock management and play calling, but it was no worse than some of them runs on third down and long, and the play calls with time running out............

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it this way, game 1 is over, and a win. The mistakes were so profound and numerous that coaching will be easy this week. We looked terrible so lots of room to improve. Nowhere to go but up!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it this way, game 1 is over, and a win. The mistakes were so profound and numerous that coaching will be easy this week. We looked terrible so lots of room to improve. Nowhere to go but up!
One thing I liked is that every aspect, except one vitally important one, improved as the game wore on. The run blocking of the Oline was horrible for the whole game!!! With the capable RBs we have, there is no reason to be unable to run.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to salute the boys in the desert. They nailed the spread!

There was a near record crowd present for the 1st game. Only opener with more fans in the stadium... the Ohio State in ‘98. The buzz was palpable... both from early drinking... and a quick 3 and out for our defense.

Then... it was dead. One of the worst environments I can remember. I guess 3 first half points will do that to a crowd. Loved when the crowd gave our new HC a beautiful welcome when the boo-birds started chirping! Welcome to Morgantown Neal Brown!

JMU held a seasoned NC St team to one of its worst offensive productions last year... an NC St team with a returning QB, 3 Sr OL and 5 WR’s.

For whatever reason, Neal kept the running game vanilla... let his boys up front struggle to maintain leverage. I don’t think he’ll call anymore games this way.

In the end, we won. Kendall improved as the game moved deep into the 2nd half. The defense started to take control late in the game too. Our depth was greater than their depth.

Mizzou loses to Wyoming... and they’re 12 point faves. I’m hoping the boys in the desert are wrong... way wrong...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea! We beat a FCS team by 7 at home. I only watched the first half but from what I’ve read on this board: New HC and coaching staff, young team, poor play calling, poor time management, o-line stunk, looked as if the defense were being manhandled.

Amazing that there were any boo-birds in the stands, I thought that Neal was the WVU coach of the future. He has a tough gig, but things sound familiar in game 1 as it did some years ago. Hopefully the team will improve as the season goes, especially by the time they play OU.

Good luck Neal. As bb once said, I will support you since you are the HC of my alma. Hopefully by year 3 I can see your direction and by years 4 & 5 you have us in contention.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to salute the boys in the desert. They nailed the spread!

There was a near record crowd present for the 1st game. Only opener with more fans in the stadium... the Ohio State in ‘98. The buzz was palpable... both from early drinking... and a quick 3 and out for our defense.

Then... it was dead. One of the worst environments I can remember. I guess 3 first half points will do that to a crowd. Loved when the crowd gave our new HC a beautiful welcome when the boo-birds started chirping! Welcome to Morgantown Neal Brown!

JMU held a seasoned NC St team to one of its worst offensive productions last year... an NC St team with a returning QB, 3 Sr OL and 5 WR’s.

For whatever reason, Neal kept the running game vanilla... let his boys up front struggle to maintain leverage. I don’t think he’ll call anymore games this way.

In the end, we won. Kendall improved as the game moved deep into the 2nd half. The defense started to take control late in the game too. Our depth was greater than their depth.

Mizzou loses to Wyoming... and they’re 12 point faves. I’m hoping the boys in the desert are wrong... way wrong...

Needless to say were are watching a different brand of football than what we are accustomed to. For the life of me I have no idea what that offense was trying to establish out there...what do shallow crossing routes supposed to set you up for when you run them over and over again..I have witnessed worse Wv offensive lines in the past and they were still able to manage some sort of running game..

The funniest thing I saw...well maybe not so funny...was the defense in this 4-2 set when it was clear JMU was running Rich's old power spread at their QB was doing his best imitation of Pat White..runs zone read and the two LB's just run for the hash marks over and over gain and no one is in the middle of the field..I am yelling at the TV "HEY WHERE IS EVERYONE GOING??!!"..the kid is running the same play OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!..they did make a nice adjustment at halftime..

Brown's post game comments were stunning to me...He quipped that he WARNED everyone it wasn't going to be pretty...and he didn't run all of his offense...seriously ? WTF?!?!? what are you saving anything for when your in the midst of losing at home to a FCS team...what coach tells fans his team is not ready to play the very first game of the season?...I hope it gets better from here boys...