• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTF Superdome

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following were 3 exploits were from people attending WM.

This is Jesus Gonzales, my girlfriend and I TRIED to stay at WrestleMania last night. But like the crowd mob that was mentioned earlier, we were in the same area trying to get to section 111. We were stuck in between 113 & 111 for over 40 minutes in a standstill line. There was pushing and shoving. I can only describe it as an upward escalator with people walking downward, while the people were still trying to go up. It was chaotic & ultimately frustrating.

There were kids, with tears in their eyes out of fear. I’ve been to 2 other Wrestlemanias, so to say this wasn’t expected is an understatement. I’ve never experienced so much hassle to get to my seats.

There were at one point, EMTs with bikes, making their way through the crowd to tend to someone. Concessions on carts selling food making their way through the standstill lines as well.

At one point, I had a small group of children tap me on the shoulder with food in hand, ask me if we could move so that they can get to their already seated parents. Tears & fear in the children’s eyes. At that point my girlfriend & I, FORCED a lane to get to the section the children needed to get to. Along with another gentleman right behind us helping the children.

We were able to get to our seats at the beginning of entrances for the preshow, but had to search for our seats, as there were no ushers to help you find your seats. We had to search & ask fans what row & section they were in, as the lights had already begun to dim.

My girlfriend was too short to see, not anyone’s fault there. As she started to watch the big screens instead of the ring, all I could think of was, “Do I really want to exit this arena with over 70,000 people, if it was extremely hectic with just a portion of us trying to get seated?”

We made the decision based on safety to leave the arena & watch back at the hotel on the Network. The Superdome was clearly unorganized & it was the worst wrestling experience I’ve ever had. It won’t stop me from going to Dallas for 32 however, because the odds of this happening again I feel are slim. I would’ve loved to had stayed and watched live, but I couldn’t risk her health & safety. Especially, since she was already having a slight panic attack, due to the standstill lines with everyone hovering over her. It was elbow to elbow, back to back, with NOWHERE to move to. By far, worse than anyone’s nightmare. It was tighter than 6 circus clowns inside of a Hot Wheel!

According to Bryan Alvarez of F4WOnline.com, there were numerous crowd issues prior to WrestleMania 30 last night, as fan reportedly waited in a stand-still line to enter the building for upwards of 20 minutes.

There was said to be a lot of pushing, shoving, and fans yelling at each other, trying to get into the Superdome last night for the PPV.

Thanks to Douglas Miller for sending this in:

I saw Nick's note about Bryan Alvarez stating there were numerous crowd issues at WM30 last night; it was much worse than the 20 minutes he reported. It took about 40 minutes from getting in the back of the line for a friend and I to enter the Superdome and purchase a program and popcorn (3:40 PM to just about 4:20 PM; really reasonable and expected considering the size of the event). We then immediately entered the stand still mob of people pushing in the hall outside of section 113. Due to the numerous people trying to get to different sections and people waiting in line at the nearby concessions stands, beer vendors forcing their way through, and the fact that some of the booths took up a half of the width of the hallway, the fans in this mess started "MOVE," "THIS IS BULLSHIT," and "CLOSE THE BOOTHS" chants. At one point a security guard tried to access the situation and the lights above us went out leaving us with just the concession stand lighting. At 5:15 PM, we were just getting past the outside of section 112. Not long after, ERTs with a gurney eventually started forcing their way through, and security told us that the area just beyond us was blocked to tend to an emergency (our seats were in section 109). We went back and informed an usher wearing a beige jacket about the issues and to find out an alternate way to get to Section 109, and she refused to believe me and said that was the easiest way. She was ultimately unprofessional and refused to help, so a few of us went back to the mob to wait. Eventually, security was able to direct the mob and we started moving to our desired sections. At 5:55 PM, We reached our seats at section 109 just to watch the end of the pre-show on the screens. The only real bit of the 2 hour pre-show I got to see was the Cesaro swing on a monitor as I waited in the mob. Luckily, Hogan, Austin, and The Rock were amazing and quickly dissipated any anger we had.

On an interesting side note the pre-show table was just below our section and I noticed Booker T and maybe Alex Riley watched most if not all of WM30 from the table with Mick Foley eventually joining them.

1) :omg: and :wtf2:

2) :doh:

both to superdome personial

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Superdome is a fucken dump, I don't know why they don't tear that shit down. :L

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was the Silverdome, brother!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds to me like the PG era needs to end.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see any of that shit. Everyone I encountered was nice, there was no pushing or shoving, and once 3:30 hit we got right on in and had a person standing there to show exactly where our seats were.

This was my first time to the Dome and I thought it was great.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see any of that shit. Everyone I encountered was nice, there was no pushing or shoving, and once 3:30 hit we got right on in and had a person standing there to show exactly where our seats were.

This was my first time to the Dome and I thought it was great.

Glad you had a good time. That crowd was unreal last night with the YES! chants and the "swaying of the masses". Seemed bigger than the Super Bowl to me. I was rather impressed by the show they put on. WMXXX went a lot better than I expected it would.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at WM27 and there were no issues, but I can tell you this...it's just not a great live event. We had "Great seats" on the floor and could barely see. I'd love to be front row or close to it, but if not, I'll just watch it on TV. The ring is relatively small and in a big arena I just don't think it lends itself well to the action from most seats. If it's a hockey or football game, there arguably isn't a "bad" seat to watch the game..but with wrestling...not so much.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at WM27 and there were no issues, but I can tell you this...it's just not a great live event. We had "Great seats" on the floor and could barely see. I'd love to be front row or close to it, but if not, I'll just watch it on TV. The ring is relatively small and in a big arena I just don't think it lends itself well to the action from most seats. If it's a hockey or football game, there arguably isn't a "bad" seat to watch the game..but with wrestling...not so much.

Yeah especially if there's someone in front of you holding up a big sign.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only experience in the Superdome has been for Sugar Bowls and there were large lines outside to get in to those as well.