• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WSU @ USC

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow is game 2 of the Cougars season, and they are going to face Pac-12 opponent, USC. Though the team looked good at times against Auburn, I'm not sure that USC is gonna be a game that will be winnable.

The Cougars are 8-57-4 against the Trojans all time, by far the worst record against any opponent they have played at least 10 times. In those games, the Cougars have been outscored by an average of 22.1 points in their losses.

The last time the Cougars beat the Trojans was in 2002 (30-27). The last time they won @SC was in 2000 (33-27). In fact, the Cougars have only beaten the Trojans in LA twice in (1925 & 2000).

If the Cougars can cut down on the turnovers, and keep the game close, not only could there be an "upset" over the #25 Trojans, but even if they lose, it'll show they have come a long way from the last time the played (50-16 in 2010 at Martin Stadium).

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow is game 2 of the Cougars season, and they are going to face Pac-12 opponent, USC. Though the team looked good at times against Auburn, I'm not sure that USC is gonna be a game that will be winnable.

The Cougars are 8-57-4 against the Trojans all time, by far the worst record against any opponent they have played at least 10 times. In those games, the Cougars have been outscored by an average of 22.1 points in their losses.

The last time the Cougars beat the Trojans was in 2002 (30-27). The last time they won @SC was in 2000 (33-27). In fact, the Cougars have only beaten the Trojans in LA twice in (1925 & 2000).

If the Cougars can cut down on the turnovers, and keep the game close, not only could there be an "upset" over the #25 Trojans, but even if they lose, it'll show they have come a long way from the last time the played (50-16 in 2010 at Martin Stadium).

They played an admittedly poor SEC team well on the road last week. They should have built enough confidence to not let playing at USC bother them.

USC has no QB and didn't look very sharp against a terrible Hawaii team last week despite the final score. They may be as vulnerable as they have been in many years.

Yes, USC has better athletes, but because of the sanctions they probably have less depth too. Their big play makers may cause some problems for the cougs. Still if WSU can get any kind of rhythm going and keep it close they could pull this upset. If not I'd like to at least see this be a respectable game at the end.

This is definitely the game to watch in the conference to me this week. Go get em cougs!

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately--as a USC fan--this is my upset pick of the week. Our QB situation is not good, and I really worry that WSU is going to light up our secondary.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Halliday seemed to play with more confidence than last year, but man the INTs can be a killer. If he can keep the ball away from th eother team, then maybe the Cougs have a chance in this game. It would also help if he was a little more accurate on short passes, since they are a huge part of the offense.

This is a classic trap game for USC. Not only do they have issues that are pretty glaring, but at #25, they're playing a team that hasn't been competitive since 2003 and has never been able to win in LA.

I also know that Auburn isn't what they were a few years ago, but even as bad as they were last year I don't think the game would have been close with how the Cougs played most of last season. So, my comments about the impressiveness of the game in Auburn was solely meant as an illustration that the Cougars have improved over last year, and even if they don't win a game this season, I just want to see that the team is competitive and improving what I saw as one of the biggest disappointments of a season in WSU history (and I remember 1998 & 1998).

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, again Halliday has turned the ball over 3 times, and it's just halftime.

Defense has been HUGE so far, only points allowed were given on a short field after an INT (just like last weeks first score). The pick 6 before half was huge. The defense is actually playing better than I thought they would. Lee does keep giving them yards by running backward.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reffing on this drive has been horrible. I didn't like the hold, and the no call on Halliday running out of bounds was even worse.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the Cougs aren't giving Lee an inch.