• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR John Brown added to the PS

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really need a deep threat with Hamler out, see if Brown still has it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans signed Avery Williamson off our PS. Same team that drafted him.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really need a deep threat with Hamler out, see if Brown still has it.
Couldn’t agree more. Something to take the top of the D, coupled with more consistent OL play will help gas the running game.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes hamler was “different” and a huge loss because teams had to respect his speed with S help
now without the deep threat teams can bring both S down and play the bigger WR man

notice Fant is nowhere to be found

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes hamler was “different” and a huge loss because teams had to respect his speed with S help
now without the deep threat teams can bring both S down and play the bigger WR man

notice Fant is nowhere to be found

We really need to use Fant better then we have. One thing that has really irked me about this offense. We got him involved vs Baltimore but the Jets and Steelers games never really got him involved.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shurmur doesn’t know how to use TEs. Or doesn’t want to.

Noah Fant is marshmallow soft! I thought we were loaded at TE, but I think we draft for them early and often next year.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need to use Fant better then we have. One thing that has really irked me about this offense. We got him involved vs Baltimore but the Jets and Steelers games never really got him involved.

Perhaps I’m expecting too much out of Fant, but I’m still waiting for the first round talent to surface. His blocking is soft and pathetic.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I’m expecting too much out of Fant, but I’m still waiting for the first round talent to surface. His blocking is soft and pathetic.

I think when Denver drafted Fant they had to know his blocking wasn't his strong suit. He is a pass catching TE... That's what he was drafted to do... He is good at it...... If used right. If you were expecting him to be a great blocker then you should have been let down on draft day. He can get better at it but I don't think he will ever be a great blocking TE. We need to utilize him better in the passing game. Albert O was injury prone at Missouri which is why he fell to Round 5 after really being the #1 TE prospect going into the draft... He thus far has also been injury prone in the NFL... Sadly most of our players get injured so don't know what to tell you there. We could draft anyone at this point and I am convinced they will get hurt. I don't see TE has a high draft target for us next year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS- I think Noah Fant has a good week this week.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when Denver drafted Fant they had to know his blocking wasn't his strong suit. He is a pass catching TE... That's what he was drafted to do... He is good at it...... If used right. If you were expecting him to be a great blocker then you should have been let down on draft day. He can get better at it but I don't think he will ever be a great blocking TE. We need to utilize him better in the passing game. Albert O was injury prone at Missouri which is why he fell to Round 5 after really being the #1 TE prospect going into the draft... He thus far has also been injury prone in the NFL... Sadly most of our players get injured so don't know what to tell you there. We could draft anyone at this point and I am convinced they will get hurt. I don't see TE has a high draft target for us next year.

Scott, let me just state that I expect Fant to be a good, or at least interested, blocker. At this point I think he’s peaked as a blocker. If he’s going to be a pass catching TE only, then let me confuse him with Kelce. He needs to step up his game.

So who is in your TE room where you don’t consider a stud if he is an early BPA?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So every pass catching TE has to be Kelce to make your happy? Personally, we really need a blocking TE to allow Fant to do what he does best and I don't mean a Nick Vannett either. Someone who we can depend on... If we want two TE sets one of the two needs to be a TE that is a good blocker. Blocking is why Hockenson went #8 and Fant fell to #20.

As far as TE's this year. I don't think I like any more then Fant.. The best TE IMO in college football isn't even draft eligible and that is Michael Mayer of Notre Dame

My top guys would be.
Jalen Wydmeyer, Pass catching TE
Cade Otton, Washington
Charlie Kolar, Iowa State
Jahleel Billingsley, Alabama
Austin Stogner, Oklahoma
Will Malroy, Miami (This guy showed me a lot when Brevin Jordan got hurt last year but hasn't done much this year with a QB issue at Miami)

Really, there isn't much at TE this year that strikes me as "great" prospect. The most impressive to me like I said is a true SOPH. Wydemeyer I like but he is probably more of like an Evan Engram to me. Kolar is productive but not as good as what we currently have. I wouldn't reach for a TE because we don't need to.... If anything I would be looking at late round blocking TE's or more likely a cheap blocking TE in free agency. Not a lot of studs in the draft this year, IMO.

Fant stat wise is a much better TE in most other NFL offenses.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So every pass catching TE has to be Kelce to make your happy? Personally, we really need a blocking TE to allow Fant to do what he does best and I don't mean a Nick Vannett either. Someone who we can depend on... If we want two TE sets one of the two needs to be a TE that is a good blocker. Blocking is why Hockenson went #8 and Fant fell to #20.

As far as TE's this year. I don't think I like any more then Fant.. The best TE IMO in college football isn't even draft eligible and that is Michael Mayer of Notre Dame

My top guys would be.
Jalen Wydmeyer, Pass catching TE
Cade Otton, Washington
Charlie Kolar, Iowa State
Jahleel Billingsley, Alabama
Austin Stogner, Oklahoma
Will Malroy, Miami (This guy showed me a lot when Brevin Jordan got hurt last year but hasn't done much this year with a QB issue at Miami)

Really, there isn't much at TE this year that strikes me as "great" prospect. The most impressive to me like I said is a true SOPH. Wydemeyer I like but he is probably more of like an Evan Engram to me. Kolar is productive but not as good as what we currently have. I wouldn't reach for a TE because we don't need to.... If anything I would be looking at late round blocking TE's or more likely a cheap blocking TE in free agency. Not a lot of studs in the draft this year, IMO.

Fant stat wise is a much better TE in most other NFL offenses.

DC, I don’t need Kelce, but for a first round PASS CATCHING tight end, I’ll split the difference. He doesn’t need to block like a OT but he can’t look like he’s afraid of contact either.

Attachments

• 90DA60C3-845C-4C0A-BC8E-6D89933F395C.jpeg
    90DA60C3-845C-4C0A-BC8E-6D89933F395C.jpeg
    377.1 KB · Views: 1
  • AF5A7AF7-D65B-4D5A-B3FE-174AEA673E24.jpeg
    AF5A7AF7-D65B-4D5A-B3FE-174AEA673E24.jpeg
    366.8 KB · Views: 1

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t blocking TE why we brought in Saubert? He had 10 catches in 40 games coming into this year. Sounds like a blocker more than a pass catcher.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saubert has really been in the NFL for his special teams play then blocking or catching.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did throw a devastating block in the Steelers game - on Williams' run. But, I get you.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently - "old John Brown's body" is no longer "moldering" in his grave.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently - "old John Brown's body" is no longer "moldering" in his grave.

Hopefully his hamstring injuries that have bothered him the past few years does't catch up to him... I think some Bronco fans see that 1,000 yard season he had a few years ago and scream "HE DOESN'T HAVE IT ANYMORE", we don't need a 1,000 yard season for him we just need him to be a tool to stretch the field... Bridgewater has shown he likes to throw down the field this year... If anything Brown's speed once activated which will probably be next week will keep D's honest and open things up for Sutton/Fant.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully his hamstring injuries that have bothered him the past few years does't catch up to him... I think some Bronco fans see that 1,000 yard season he had a few years ago and scream "HE DOESN'T HAVE IT ANYMORE", we don't need a 1,000 yard season for him we just need him to be a tool to stretch the field... Bridgewater has shown he likes to throw down the field this year... If anything Brown's speed once activated which will probably be next week will keep D's honest and open things up for Sutton/Fant.
….and running lanes!