• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woz: Putting Maria Sharapova on center court 'doesn't set a good example

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I think putting out a schedule where the No. 5 in the world is playing on Court 5, fifth match on after 11 (ET) -- I think that's unacceptable, you know," Wozniacki told reporters. "And when you look on Center Court -- I understand completely the business side of things and everything -- but someone who comes back from a drug sentence -- performance enhancing drugs -- and then all of a sudden gets to play every single match on Center Court, I think that's a questionable thing to do.

"I love the US Open. It's a tournament I always look forward to. I think the scheduling was a little bit unfortunate this year. I think there is ways to respect players, to respect rankings and respect people who have done well in the past. There were a few things that could have been a little better."

Woz miffed at Open's top billing of Sharapova

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the continual crying by the other women about sharapova getting a wildcard, and now what court she plays on is hilarious.

the wta drug policy could use some improvements, but, nonetheless, sharapova served her time, and is a former champion.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whining is a bit annoying with Bouchard and now her.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bouchard lost all respect from me the moment she had her idiotic outburst against Maria. Sharapova should be given center court wherever she plays. She earned that distinction with her appeal, mannerism and die hard attitude and her indomitable spirit to fight ( and scream )